• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Battlefield 3

Yes you need Origin Account + Origin to download the game. It doesn't say you need to have Origin running to play the game. That is what I'm getting at.

The only thing that Twitter posts confirms is you need to register all copies of the game on Origin, even if you buy a retail copy.

So what you are saying is that it's going to be like Yuplay?

Upvote 0
Based on how BC2 works on Origin, you don't need Origin running to play it.

I'm assuming BF3 will be the same thing.

Which is why I asked if it's similar to Yuplay. If so, then it will suffer from the same problem of not being able to play the game because the authentication servers are down, which seemed to be every other day for Yuplay.

Upvote 0
If it requires it to play, that gives me more reason to not buy it. I have Steam, I dislike the concept of having to use a 3rd party (whatever it's called) just to play a game I already bought.

So you dislike having to run a different company's software to play games you already bought from a different company. Guess you won't be buying RO2? After all Valve is a different company from TWI. ;) In this regard Steam and Origin will be the same as Steam (well, except that EA owns DICE so it would be more like owning Valve's Portal 2 requiring Steam).

Though I think you didn't write out your thoughts properly. If you meant that you don't want to install another Steam like service, then I think most people will agree with you. I am not interested in installing another Steam like service myself.

But it does have some advantages. At least if my Steam account gets hacked, my Origin games will still be left alone. :p Overall I would prefer to just stick with Steam or have games independent of Steam or similar software/accounts.

Upvote 0
HAX!

capturedwt.jpg

Upvote 0
Though I think you didn't write out your thoughts properly. If you meant that you don't want to install another Steam like service, then I think most people will agree with you. I am not interested in installing another Steam like service myself.
That's pretty much what I mean, I'm not the best speaker. I have trouble saying my thoughts.

As much as I dislike the concept of Steam itself, I like it. The advantages are nice and all. Then it comes to the problems, account getting hacked " oops there goes all my games", the problems with offline play Steam has. Other than that and other minor problems I have with Steam, I love it. I am just not looking forward if Origin is EA's version of Steam. I have one program, running two at the same time? Not going to happen.

Upvote 0
I must be the only one not very impressed by the graphics in that video. While they are by no means bad, it just looks slightly upgraded from BC2. But it is nothing like Crysis 1 was when it came out.

Otherwise it looks good, aside from the jets. Reminds me of BF2. IMO they have no place in such a game. At the least I hope you can zoom out a bit in the cockpit view. Placing your face against the HUD gives you poor situational awareness. And just looks odd. :p

Reactions: Dietrich Graf
Upvote 0