• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Anyone blind-fire?

My only blindfire kill was one of the most unbeliveable experiances I've had in game. I was in the NCO barracks blindfiring a PPSH from the top window overlooking the German advance into the Infirmary. Unloaded the whole clip and somehow managed to score a headshot on a sniper in the warehouse. He must have been pissed.... :p

Upvote 0
I use weapon blindfire all the time, sometimes successfully, sometimes not. I use blindfired grenades even more often. I've been killed by blindfired grenades--haven't been killed because of blindfire yet, aside from HMGs. No doubt about it--the cover system has its uses.

Two particular instances come to mind:

1. Unlocking the blindfire achievement in the beta by sticking my PPSh-41 around a trench corner and hosing down none other than [TW]Ramm-Jaegar himself. (Took the screenshot to prove it!)

2. Unlocking the blindfire achievement in the vanilla game--with a bolt-action rifle, as a German, firing from the leftmost first floor window of the Infirmary towards the Mess Hall, and getting a kill on a sprinting Russian at 30 yards. :IS2:

Upvote 0
I use weapon blindfire all the time, sometimes successfully, sometimes not. I use blindfired grenades even more often. I've been killed by blindfired grenades--haven't been killed because of blindfire yet, aside from HMGs. No doubt about it--the cover system has its uses.

Also have to agree, Blindfire tossing grenades, best way to toss a nade into a room.

Upvote 0
Its a nice feature, but to use with caution.
Especially if you dont know if its Allies or Axis on the other side
Once I was pursuing a russian at Grain Elevator in the second floor, he runs around a corner, some seconds later he starts blindfiring around this corner with an PPSch, I get full suppresion, have a 10 second duell with that guy, I cant hit him due to suppresion, he cant hit me because he cant see me, finally I hit him and see a german corpse falling into the corridor :(
Seemed like he killed the russian and started blindfiring because he thought there were more of them coming :/

Well, I suppose such things happened in Stalingrad too :rolleyes:

Upvote 0