• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Anyone blind-fire?

I am usually scared that they will either rush through the doorway or shoot me through the wall to do it. It's a good idea in theory but there's only a few places you could do it where it would work, it's more of a cool gimmick than a real feature, much like throwing grenades around cover. You can play without it and never play any worse for it.

Upvote 0
Blind fire is only really useful in other games where it's not actually blind.

I've used it a bit with SMGs, but I'm not sure if it had any effect. I usually play rifle, so that's really a no go there.

Blind fire grenades on the other hand may be more useful

Blind firing grenades is a wonderful thing; it can really save your bacon when you don't want to detach from cover to throw a grenade while exposing more of your body mass to incoming enemy fire. Blind-grenading over the top of a sandbag seems to be the best way of accomplishing this and while you can blind-fire a grenade while against "standing" cover, half of the time it seems to bug and the grenade bounces off the wall I was standing against, forcing me to run from my cover and get away from the impending grenade blast.

Upvote 0
Blind fire very usefull with the smg's and rifles. once you understand how it works you can put down some accurate suppression fire @ 100yrds. blindfire works great in any hallway for either weapon. smgs of course better than rifle. But you can still get some kills with rifle just have to practice.

my favorite move is too load up on a door, my buddy on the other side, I blindfire into room, he tosses nade, reload and both go in to clear. Blindfire is extremely usefull, most people just forget that it is there.

Upvote 0
my favorite move is too load up on a door, my buddy on the other side, I blindfire into room, he tosses nade, reload and both go in to clear.

Nice one! Although I would add the step "wait 'til grenade explodes" somewhere ;)

Blindfire is extremely usefull, most people just forget that it is there.

That is probably true. I forgot all about it in a game yesterday and when I think about it, it might actually have saved me at least 4-5 times (Appartments map)

Upvote 0
The main reason I avoid blind fire is that you have to enter cover mode to do it. And in a close range fight, the only type in which blind fire would be handy, the last thing you want to do is lock onto a wall. If they run around the corner and catch you in cover mode, you'll probably be dead before you can exit it.

I think I'd blind fire a lot more if it could also be done by pressing lean and some other button.

Upvote 0
Best scenario I managed to pull off with this feature was using an MP-40 while capping the Central Station.
Got a kill too, while putting suppressing fire down for my teammates moving up.

I found, this feature is suicidal in blatantly oblivious spots, but in ruined, blown out places where spotting ability is reduced it works not bad.

Just my two cents.
I think this feature could be called largely useless, fine
But just for ****s and giggles I re-installed good ole' Day of Defeat a few days ago.
And only then it is noticeable how far gaming has come, and how much more freedom and fluidity we have with weapons in FPSs nowadays.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I wish they had a stat for how much time played, but i can say i have 1,910 kills and i dont think a one of those is from blind firing. I have used it a few times but like you say i die more often than not.

I usually go with the old RO Q n E lean cause thats what im used to. I played OST up until HOS release. I do need to learn how to use the blind nade throwing effectively however.

You can see how much you have played in your steam profile, and profile-stats page in ro2 main menu

Upvote 0