• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Another Beta opinion!

I actualy read 1 person post complaining about " ...sprints for several minutes ..." did any1 try to sprint in game for several minutes? or u just talk from what u think its real or not? ppl tend to read 2-3 comments then make 1 new saying all the other stuff that the other comments had....so i will repeat ....
The characters in this game are from REAL SOLDIERS who...had lets say training , were trained to run / march full equipement ( not like in game with weapon and nades ! , soldiers know what i am refering to ) , were trained to cover ground , stand and shoot correctly without having any problems . Just because some of u dont see u doing thoes things (like running and shoting perfect) doesent mean others cant .
now moving on to "its a game and it tends to be realistic" other dude said " a guy sprinted to him , he was sitting/camping , he shot , the other guy shot he died and nothing happend to the other guy" ...and how is that the games fault? that u dont know how to shoot? and whats that to do with the running in game? cos u cant camp quietly and die its the sistem fault?
Moving next to a guy saing about norecoil?!?!?! what is that?i dont know if u actualy played this game , i did 15 H on steam , not to brag but i experienced some things that contradicts u , like i run and encounter an enemy , 2 things happens here ...either i kill him with 2-3 bullets hitting him not counting the ones that misses him or he will calmly kill me...so where is "the big" advantage to running and aiming fast? its purly luck or random in this situations ....
I DONT WANT TO BOTHER ANY1 just want them to be more aware at the game that they play ....

Upvote 0
Agree OP with the speed/distance/stairs sprinted should be a bit less n have more recovery time. Sway needs to be increased in these situations.
That said, I wouldn't mind at all if they ditched the extra zoom when you hold shift.
Yes I like the primary zoom when going to IS. Extra zoom No^^

Like some other poster said It would be nice to have seperate binds for the use/bandage/cover? Key

Upvote 0
Agree OP with the speed/distance/stairs sprinted should be a bit less n have more recovery time. Sway needs to be increased in these situations.

Yes I like the primary zoom when going to IS. Extra zoom No^^

Like some other poster said It would be nice to have seperate binds for the use/bandage/cover? Key

I never use the extra zoom anyway. Is it just me or when you do actually zoom in further, does it steady your weapon even more?

Upvote 0
I was just playing a match where this bs happened. I was sitting behind a small wall watching a building, and out of the smoke a german dude SPRINTS out at me and is able to aim with no penalty and shoot me. I was shooting him at the same time, but nothing happened. This is very bad for tactical play. Everyone just sprints around.

lol that might have been me.

Upvote 0
i agree with most point here...

for running : hell there would be no way i could run that fast, that far, with a kit a kit of 45 kilograms with a gun in my hand, and be able to aim that sharp like it is in game, after running :S

lock-down, totally agree, the lock-down make the game so impossible for the team that is attacking, defender with the more point captured, land to only have 1 to defend instead of 3 ( if there is like 4 point ), sure in RO1, there was some kind of a lock down, like danzig, the attacker tho, had to capture both bridge, to lock them, to have an advanced spawning point, but there is no way its would be like it is in RO2 : just cap most of point, lock your rear, and defend to hell the last one then attacker cant cap it back, tbh, make the game unpleasant for attacker

for zoom, for myself i find it useful, helpful in some case, and way to OP in other, let start with helpful:
tank:
being tank commander, its help, as like for the German one, sitting into the hatch, its fun to zoom in a bit to see what far away forward, instead of using binocular, when outside the hatch, tho, i would say decrease the zoom of 50% as well its too far for a naked eye :S
the T-34 hull MG! dam that one god dam small hole, i know even if either zoomed in or not, its the same "thing" you see from the hole, tho dam, having a better focus on the small hole to see where im shooting is actually good, instead of making my face closer of the screen to actually see something through that dam hole!

OP time:
ok being able to zoom that far with an iron sight... ok that just too much, its almost like you had a 4x scope attached to your eyes! D: me id say for all weapon, if not scoped, i would say decrease the zoom of 75% ok sure there is still have a little 25% but myself i would say, when you aim something with a gun, you gain some kind of focus on where you aim, virtually "zooming" in even you dont, that 25% would simulate it like your brain would do it

that my opinion of your points ;D

Upvote 0
Spoiler!

Ok, you need to use paragraphs in your posts when they are so long. Reading that is really difficult, but from what I can make out, I understand your point about the running but I also disagree with it. Not many people, soldiers included, can run flat-out up flights of stairs like this and still have a perfectly steady and instant aim - they were not superhuman. My main gripe is what this does to the game-play, not if one person could do that in real life.

Extra zoom is perfectly realistic. There's really been no argument posed to counter this simple fact other than people just don't like it or that it makes things "too easy" (lol)

I agree - just to clarify, I like the zoom in iron-sights, but the extra (holding shift) zoom makes it a little bit easy to smack targets. But it's not a problem, I didn't mention it in my OP.

Spoiler!

Thanks for your comments :)

Upvote 0
I like the game it is right now.
The only thing that annoys me is the "action key" that does everything. You mostly end up in "cover mode" when you try to resupply an MGer, apply bandages, pick up a weapon, use a radio,...

And the bleed out time should be longer and the bandaging time a few seconds longer too.

Upvote 0
I wish there could be a "classic interface" option that removes the player names and all the stuff that clutters the screen and the map.

All I want to see are the objectives that need to be capped/defended when I bring up the map and whether or not I am in the capping zone. Everything else is useless and an eyesore to me.

Upvote 0
I actually like the zoom in iron-sight mode, it's more realistic than not having it at all as your real eyes can see far greater detail than what we can see in-game. I did say I wasn't one of the players who didn't like it ;)

That said, I wouldn't mind at all if they ditched the extra zoom when you hold shift.
I guess I misread your post. ;) Anyway, I was more referring to the extra shift zoom that is realistic than the regular iron sight zoom.

Upvote 0
I wish there could be a "classic interface" option that removes the player names and all the stuff that clutters the screen and the map.

All I want to see are the objectives that need to be capped/defended when I bring up the map and whether or not I am in the capping zone. Everything else is useless and an eyesore to me.
in RO1 you only saw the object not the area. in RO2 you see the object as big fat icons and the lines around it is the area.........

For ne names, play on realism server

Upvote 0