• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

All Weapon Unlocks

I'd like to point out that just because there are no cosmetic unlocks listed doesnt mean your gun wont look "nicer" as it levels. When the condition fo your weapon goes from Well Used to Standard Issue the parkerization/blueing is much nicer, the wood not as worn small details like that.

Is this 100% fact or are you going off something the devs mentioned months ago?

I thought the 91/30 looked really beat up, that it was a little different looking that what I've seen in official media,but wasnt sure that it wasnt just all in my mind

Whatever the case may be, a dev needs to make a post explaining everything in detail. What ALL the perks are to upgrading a weapon.

Upvote 0
Code:
I like the idea of largely cosmetic customization, some unlockable, some available from start. For the MN for example you could have:

Surface Wear: Mint / Worn / Run Over by Tank
Wood Finish: Light / Dark
Sling: Not Visible / Visible
Bolt: Straight / Bent (with slight bolting speed up)
Receiver: Hex / Round
Bayonet: On / Off

Simple things like that to make the guns unique without resorting to realism-breaking rare upgrades.

this is what they should've done. im kinda peeved that they even dared attract arcade shooters players especially when the release was bad and now all the players are going back to cod/bf3. :rolleyes: a bad release when they are going to lose all those cod/bf3 they worked so hard to get. (they'll only keep a small small fraction of what they could've kept and end up loosing quite a bit of there old following.) if they focused on making a great red orchestra game instead working there butts off on trying to attract the call of duty community. :mad:

don't get me wrong i enjoy the game and i like the idea of unlocks but i like the ones like these not like what they have the ones they have feel iike if bf2 had unlock-able attachments which makes me shutter a bit. :eek:

bf3 is gonna bring this game to its knees unless it comes out twice to three times as many bugs as this (from what i hear there known for bugs.). ro2 gonna have to fight its way out of an even deeper hole if they don't fix alot of problems in a short time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They're sharpshooters, not snipers.

Sharpshooters and marksmen fight with their squads, and may find use for something like a bayonet.

We're not talking about lone wolf Jude Laws stalking Major Konigs, we're talking about that one guy in the group who happens to be a good shot and has a scope on his rifle.
You do know that there was no such thing as designated marksmen in WW2? The training for both took place in sniper schools, only difference was that the russians embedded their snipers in an infantry platoon while the german snipers worked in pairs. In the beginning, they had to work alone due to the lack of manpower in their ranks.

In the russian campaign the german snipers were outnumbered 20:1, causing massive losses among the axis officers and NCOs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sharpshooters and marksmen fight with their squads, and may find use for something like a bayonet.

We're not talking about lone wolf Jude Laws stalking Major Konigs, we're talking about that one guy in the group who happens to be a good shot and has a scope on his rifle.

Well they are only Platoon Sharpshooters, they still would never get in close quarters. They have over 30 over soldiers to do that.

Read Sniper on the Eastern Front.

Upvote 0
This is just outragous, 90 % of the unlocks have no place in the game at all.

I'd be perfectly fine with a 32 round mag for a MP 40 against a 71 round mag for the PPSh-41 etc.. Why? Becouse it was realistic.

Iam especially disheartened by the fact that unlocks apparantly are glued to your weapon when unlocked and can't be removed. I tried that scoped G41 in SP and god that scope was disgusting and impractical as hell.

Upvote 0

You do know that several Czechoslovakian factories were under Germany's control during the war, right?

Yes I do.

They were the dou and dot factories. neither of them made a triggerguard of this type during the war. after the war when the germans left, BRNO started making more K98s with parts left over in the factory from the germans. the czech also "scrubbed" the german markings off existing recievers/parts and at some point they included this "winter triggerguard"

The pictures I posted are of actuall wartime german made "winter trigger" (Winterabzug in German) not to be confused with a "Winter Triggerguard" like the czech. However the REAL winterabzug wasnt made untill LATE 1943-44. Both types Ive explained werent even around the time stalingrad took place. However if TW is really going to include a item that wasnt even near Stalingrad at the time, it better be the original german Winterabzug...that came out 1 year AFTER stalingrad. Hell might as well give everybody G43s while theyre at it.

have a nice day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sorry Reise, but u are wrong.

They are snipers.

If you dont belive me, you may belive this gentleman:

Squads in game reflect real-world organisation - so usually 8-10 people, broken up into "fireteams".
Depending on mission, can be rifle team, assault team, MG team.
You may see a separate sniper team, to reflect that snipers were not usually part of the squad makeup.

1 Squad (usually) = 2 fire teams, plus an MG team. Sniper is usually outside the squad as a separate (small) squad.

I hope the endless discussion about a defination can end now...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is this 100% fact or are you going off something the devs mentioned months ago?

I thought the 91/30 looked really beat up, that it was a little different looking that what I've seen in official media,but wasnt sure that it wasnt just all in my mind

Whatever the case may be, a dev needs to make a post explaining everything in detail. What ALL the perks are to upgrading a weapon.

This is something I saw during the beta, as your weapon levels up it moves from being, "Well Used" to "Standard Issue", the condition of the weapon improves noticeably. The PPSh for example becomes shinier, and the finish on the metal looks less worn, the K98k looks nicer, etc etc. I believe the condition improves as a way of simulating that your soldier, as they level, gains preferential treatment when recieving nicer condition weapons. The weapons do indeed look beat-up when they are Well Used. Beyond the cosmetics and unlocks, your character's skills with each weapon improve dramatically as you gain levels. To get an idea of potential skill bonuses, during the beta my Mosin was level 37 and all of the bonuses Sway Reduction, Recoil Control, Reload Speed, Aiming Speed, Deploy Speed, and Melee Strength were all at +20%. So you have those nifty bonuses to look forward to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
However if TW is really going to include a item that wasnt even near Stalingrad at the time, it better be the original german Winterabzug...that came out 1 year AFTER stalingrad.
Hmm looks like you're talking about the Mkb42 :D

Hell might as well give everybody G43s while theyre at it.

Well they have G41s which are infact horrible weapons that never really worked. If RO2 had things like Gun Jams and reliability the G41 would be a good addition but without it makes it unhistorical.

Upvote 0
I remember when the unlock system was first pitched to us, it came with promises like "it will be cosmetic things only", "most guns wont even have any unlockables because that would just be silly, it's probably just going to be stuff like different scopes for the snipers", "we will not add anything silly or unrealistic just to give something an upgrade", "we will not take anything away just to give it back to you as upgrades", and "anything rare will stay rare".

Ohh my how things have changed since thouse halcyon days..

CosUpgr.jpg

I remember those days and then slowly everyone seemed to forgot. Then when proven to be unrealistic, they said its FUNNER! and its only in relaxed realism and then silence about unlocks until beta release... I for one thought RO1 was better balanced and fun.

Upvote 0
Hmm looks like you're talking about the Mkb42 :D

Well they have G41s which are infact horrible weapons that never really worked. If RO2 had things like Gun Jams and reliability the G41 would be a good addition but without it makes it unhistorical.

Not to mention that the G41 ingame is marked "G41 duv 43" with the serial number on the left hand of the reciever.

Nothing like fighting at the grain silo with a rifle that was made in the future :rolleyes: Least they couldve done was changed "43" to "42" which is still wrong.

The maker "duv" aka Berliner-Lubecker did not start making G41(W) rifles untill the start of 1943. There are no known examples of a duv made G41 marked "42".

So for the G41 to be historically correct for the game it needs to be Walther marked "G.41 (W) ac" and the stock needs to be WALNUT, not laminated!

Also the only scope that wouldve been fitted to the G.41(W) thats in RO2 was the 1.5x power Zf40 scope because of the rail on the reciever and location of the right hand sided cocking handle on the bolt carrier. They never used 4x power ZF4 scopes on the G41(W) and theres only maybe two pictures of a G41 with the ZF4 scope and mount and the pictures hve been determined the rifle was a fake.

Its going to be interesting to see how TW "added" a 4x power ZF4 scope to the G.41(W). If they did, I hope theyre not using the ZF4 mount, because that scope and mount wasnt even developed when stalingrad was happening, and the cocking handle better be relocated to the left hand side or else its going to smash into the ZF4 mount located on the right side.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The thing is they should have just went MG34 with next upgrade as MG42.. We all know the MG42 was in world war 2 but when it entered service extactly does not really matter does it? unless your hell bent on having the facts 100% correct. But when you get MP40s with dual mags and pistols with ****ing silencers, rifles with winter triggers & snipers with bayonets it just sounds out of place or completly bonkers.

Upvote 0
The thing is they should have just went MG34 with next upgrade as MG42.. We all know the MG42 was in world war 2 but when it entered service extactly does not really matter does it? unless your hell bent on having the facts 100% correct. But when you get MP40s with dual mags and pistols with ****ing silencers, rifles with winter triggers & snipers with bayonets it just sounds out of place or completly bonkers.

Well the funny thing is...

The MG42 was in Stalingrad. But in low numbers but still there were more MG42s then they were Mkb42s, MP40/II's, PEM Scope things, C96s. Not sure how many MG42s there were but it must of been in the hundreds or thousands.

Upvote 0
are you kidding me? the unlock for the k98 is that type of winter trigger guard? that type of "winter" triggerguard NEVER WAS IN WW2!!!!!!!!! Thats a triggerguard found on POST WAR made & reworked K98s by the CZECH.
I know this is a FACT because I collect K98s, I own like 15 of them.

theyre going to include something that wasnt even in WW2?!

lets hope not and lets hope it looks like this: (this is a original german made ww2 "winter triggerguard") Which is alot more historically correct than a czech triggerguard. Even the german version was rare...plus i dont think they even had them untill after stalingrad. but whatever... seems like anything that was rare is going to be included in RO2. :rolleyes:

I know, but that's what I've been told, but I'm hoping for the German trigger guard.

Upvote 0
What is the suppressor for the revolver doing in the russian inventory?
"On the other hand, M1895 had some unusual and interesting features, one of which was gas sealed cylinder, which made the Nagant a rare example of revolver suitable for mounting a silencer. Such a practice was known by NKVD and some Red Army special forces (recon and scouts) during WW2. Special silencer, called "Bramit device" was designed by Mitin brothers and could be mounted on the barrel" <a href="http://world.guns.ru/handguns/double-action-revolvers/rus/nagan-arr-195-e.html" target="_blank">[url]http://world.guns.ru/handguns/double-action-revolvers/rus/nagan-arr-195-e.html[/URL]

pretty much because it excisted, was used and probably is the most realistic upgrade you can have for that revolver.

Upvote 0
NKVD and some Red Army special forces (recon and scouts) during WW2.

I know they existed (so did the HUB-23 and Maxim suppressors for K98k and MN respectively), but the DEVs said everyone is a normal soldier, not special forces. To me it seems they say one thing and still do the other.

The whole unlock system is totally messed up. Either the unlocks do not make sense (bayonet on sniper rifles), were not fielded yet or only existed as prototypes.

The game is less Red Orchestra than RO1, it reminds me of a casual shooter game that does not try to attract with realism but casual fun.

It seems so damn fast paced that I feel like playing Unreal in multiplayer.

The DEVs have loads of things to fix and change to make this game a worthy sequal to RO Ost.

Reactions: Grobut
Upvote 0
I hope the endless discussion about a defination can end now...

Read it again.

Alan says there may be a separate sniper team to reflect that snipers were not usually part of the general squad makeup. And they may not be.

So does that mean all of RO2's sharpshooters are lone-wolf Snipers? No.

They were the dou and dot factories. neither of them made a triggerguard of this type during the war. after the war when the germans left, BRNO started making more K98s with parts left over in the factory from the germans. the czech also "scrubbed" the german markings off existing recievers/parts and at some point they included this "winter triggerguard"

So you're saying the trigger guard found on many K98s is actually not even a German part?

My question now is why would they even bother using it on rifles built for international sale?

This sort of thing falls under the same umbrella as the post-war refurbished SVT40 plum bolt.

Upvote 0
Read it again.

Alan says there may be a separate sniper team to reflect that snipers were not usually part of the general squad makeup. And they may not be.

So does that mean all of RO2's sharpshooters are lone-wolf Snipers? No.

So you're saying the trigger guard found on many K98s is actually not even a German part?

My question now is why would they even bother using it on rifles built for international sale?

This sort of thing falls under the same umbrella as the post-war refurbished SVT40 plum bolt.

Thats exactly what Im saying. The wierd shapped triggerguard pictured is in no way shape or form a german made part or a part found on a original german made k98. That wierd shaped "winter triggerguard" was put on Czech produced and refurbished K98s POST war for their own military. The real german ww2 made "Winter trigger" not to be confused with the czech "winter triggerguard" was made too late in the war to even be at stalingrad.

Last edited:
Upvote 0