• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

All Weapon Unlocks

I for one am glad to have a PC original from a developer with passion ,unlike the console ports where the large homogenized corporation could give 2 shidts what we think.

I am too, but I don't see why we have to be complacent with everything, just because they made a nice game for the PC.

Having played the beta quite alot, I can pretty much tell what a 64 round MP40 will be like. Just as accurate as the normal MP40 but with twice the capacity.

That doesn't take away from the fact that it looks pretty silly to have rare weaponry everywhere in a game that is generally leaning toward realistic gameplay

Upvote 0
Funny thing is, they also said the snipers are no snipers but marksmen...so why should they need a 6x power scope to begin with?

Back in the days both armies had sniper schools, only difference: the russians embedded them in squads, the germans made them work in pairs.

So basicly, the correct unlock for the K98k would be a 6x power scope instead of the bayonet or a cosmetic camo rag.

For the russians a 4x (instead of 3.5x) scope and rifle camo.

The G41 had no scope, as someone already said, the G43 was the one with the 4x... as the name says: 1943.

What is the suppressor for the revolver doing in the russian inventory?

Suppressors were used by snipers, HUB-23 for the K98k. As I said above, there was no such thing as a scoped rifleman (they would not use the sS round, if they were mere riflemen).

So if you already add suppressors to guns, make it historical correct. The Mosin and Mauser had quite effective attachments, but reduced loads to max 300m.

The Unlock system, even without playing with it, is either a really bad joke or the first step to a Modern Warfare "pimp my gun" attitude. Even if it does not make sense.

Why not add APFSD to the tanks? Or premium ammo *hint*

Upvote 0
what's the winter trigger guard ?

This:
brnok98k3.jpg

To make it easier to use with winter gloves on.

Upvote 0
I'd like to point out that just because there are no cosmetic unlocks listed doesnt mean your gun wont look "nicer" as it levels. When the condition fo your weapon goes from Well Used to Standard Issue the parkerization/blueing is much nicer, the wood not as worn small details like that.

Some of the unlocks, bayosniper for example are wierd, but I can honestly say that at one point I thought outload how cool it would be to have a bayonet on a sniper rifle.

Last time I checked in the beta, the MKB and AVT were listed as Veteran unlocks, not Hero unlocks. I don't know if that is the way it will be in the final version, but I got the impression that they won't be Hero weapons.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I remember when the unlock system was first pitched to us, it came with promises like "it will be cosmetic things only", "most guns wont even have any unlockables because that would just be silly, it's probably just going to be stuff like different scopes for the snipers", "we will not add anything silly or unrealistic just to give something an upgrade", "we will not take anything away just to give it back to you as upgrades", and "anything rare will stay rare".

Ohh my how things have changed since thouse halcyon days..

CosUpgr.jpg

Upvote 0
I remember when the unlock system was first pitched to us, it came with promises like "it will be cosmetic things only", "most guns wont even have any unlockables because that would just be silly, it's probably just going to be stuff like different scopes for the snipers", "we will not add anything silly or unrealistic just to give something an upgrade", "we will not take anything away just to give it back to you as upgrades", and "anything rare will stay rare".

Ohh my how things have changed since thouse halcyon days..

CosUpgr.jpg

I can attest to reading such comments unfortunately :(

To think I was once ostracized for claiming that TWI would likely favor the larger relaxed gamer market over the smaller current realism market (ro mod and roost fans)

Upvote 0