• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

All Weapon Unlocks

The MP40/II should be a seperate weapon from the MP40.
The AVT-40 shouldn't unlock the PU scope.
The PBZ and the PTRS should be leveled up as the same weapon, just with a diferent name depending on wich team you are using it.
The PPSh should start at LVL 0 with the Drum Mag.
The Mkb & AVT should only be available for 1 player on each team with the Elite Assault Class.
The Enemy Loadout only lets you spawn with the standart enemy weapons for your class (Ex: If you spawn as a German Assault you can choose the PPSh-41 but the AVT-40 won't be available for that class).
You should be able to select what unlocks you want on your weapon in the Profile menu.
Decrease the unlock level for bayonets on the Karabiner & Mosin-Nagant from LVL 25 to LVL 5.

I like the MP40 as it is, I don't want double 32 rounds clip.

clip_mag_lesson.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We need a extra class for the Mkb42/AVT-40/MG-34 II/MP40 II (Mkb42 for germans, AVT-40 for russians and MG34/MP40 with double ammo available for both teams, or delete them from the game and save it for "RO2: Secret Weapons")

This class will be only available for the best player of the last round. If he don`t want it, the one slot of this class will be free for all.

Delete the whole weapon level up system and make it possible to choose between the stick magazine, or the drum magazine for the PPsh41 for the russian assault class.

G-41 and SVT-40 with scope has to be free availbale for every sniper (this little scope is very bad no one will use it, when he have the choice).

Removeable bayonet for the Kar98k and MN rifle.

So all weapons and upgrades are in use, only one guy have the choice to use the Mkb42/AVT-40 (ger/rus) or the special version of the MG34 II/MP40 II (free for both nations, if only the germans have this weapon it wouldn't be fair, or the russians need another MG, too. Or simple delete this very rare weapon upgrades - i personally don`t need it).

Have i forgot any important upgrade?
(the Winterabzugb

Reactions: Tummel
Upvote 0
What pisses me off is that RO1 never had any balancing-issues in regards to PPSh/PPD vs MP40/38, or MG34/42 vs DP28. The weapons were realistically modeled, and that was that. Players adapted and played accordingly, without artifical or arbitrary restraints. The machineguns were dangerous, no doubt, but not overpowered death-rays. Not to mention WE HAD BAYONETS. This whole leveling up idiocy really pissed me off, especially when it's resulted in a gameplay-wise step back when it could have been a massive improvement across the board over RO1.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What pisses me off is that RO1 never had any balancing-issues in regards to PPSh/PPD vs MP40/38, or MG34/42 vs DP28. The weapons were realistically modeled, and that was that. Players adapted and played accordingly, without artifical or arbitrary restraints. The machineguns were dangerous, no doubt, but not overpowered death-rays. Not to mention WE HAD BAYONETS. This whole leveling up idiocy really pissed me off, especially when it's resulted in a gameplay-wise step back when it could have been a massive improvement across the board over RO1.

The DP28 is a complete joke compared to the MG34 and the MG42. I never use it. I only sometimes pick it up to put down some surpressive fire but I either duck, reload and continue until the barrel breaks or drop it as soon as the drum is empty.
The MG42 was a complete overkill in Ostfront, taking one out was sometimes a Herculean task that would take several minutes but I still loved it, especialy when I was getting turned into swiss cheese by it.
I honestly don't give a flying **** about balance, I like RO because of it's realism.

The PPSh is a good spray weapon and there where a truckload more Soviet Assault Troopers than Germans, meaning the Soviets had the CQC advantage (even tough the MP40 can come out the winner in many MANY ocassions due to it's low recoil. The PPSh just fires all over the place if you are not carefull)

The MG34 & 42 are vastly superior to the DP28 meaning the Germans had the long range advantage.

On regards to the rifles, it's preety even despite the 91/30 being a bit more acurrate than the Karabiner 98k and the SVT-40 being better for when you have your pants down (meaning, reloading is much faster than with the G41).

Upvote 0