• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. F

More dust from bullet hits

Watching videos, bullets can kick up quite a lot of dust. I think this should be reflected in game, for visual purposes - note though that it would also have the secondary effect of supplementing suppression through obscuring an enemies view somewhat.
  2. F

Local VOIP

I have played a lot of Arma II online with a community called UO. We play with a realism mod called ACE and another mod called ACRE. ACRE utilises teamspeak and some information from the game to create spatial local VOIP. When you press your PTT key, what you say comes out of your character's...
  3. F

Tactics Making it harder to blow up a tank with a satchel charge #SORRY PLEASE MOVE TO IDEAS#

As a satchel probably wouldn't have detroyed a tank unless it was placed under it, maybe you should have to go up to it so you are near front/rear (but you could still be to the side of the tank - just near enough the front to reach/throw under) and a message or symbol comes up indicating if you...
  4. F

Grenades/sachel charges damaging tanks

Someone who knows what they are talking about please inform on the likelyness of grenades/satchels doing damage to/destroying tanks/light vehicles in real life, including placing them under the vehicle (increasing pressure) instead of beside etc.
  5. F

Running with ironsights

Currently we can only walk with ironsights up, how about being able to run wiht them up aswell. A possible way to implemenet it would be to have it how it is now, but when the sprint key is pressed you run.
  6. F

One minute spawns

This would completely change gameplay. Currently, soldiers will run out into fire knowing that it doesent matter that much if they die as they will respawn within about 10 seconds anyway. With a minute to respawn, people would behave in a more realistic manner - trying not to get killed. It...
  7. F

Going of the playing field + mine fields

On mine fields - I found that on at least one map the minefield is too close to the spawn - Ogledow. I was just beside the earth mound the german tanks come over from their spawn and I was sneaking along it towards a tank. BOOM On going too far from battlefield - This should probably be...
  8. F

Another Ostfront

A game has recently been released called Ost Front: Decisive Battles In The East. (http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=PC&title=877318&pa=rnr) Some people may get home and load up a flight sim by accident. Oh well people were asking for planes...
  9. F

RO as a force of good

Anyone think its possible that some kids will be made that little bit nicer/more understanding when taken into the RO community, from the slighly more barren ones of CS for example? It may even change the way they see other people! (i.e. not people always out to beat you and shout at you...
  10. F

Why do bayonets affect accuracy?

In the manual it says bayonets have a small effect on your accuracy. Why is this - I remember someone saying that rifles were balanced to have their bayonet attached.
  11. F

Summary of Dev. chat on ELGN

Just a summary of points made in the chat with a couple of the RO team, for those who haven't listened to it. If a bullet passes near to you there is a blur effect to making it harder to aim. You can't throw grenades as far. More chance of surviving a grenade if you are prone. Different...
  12. F

New ideas for player spawning

THis idea is a progression from another I read on the forums. The basic premise was that there were to be a limited number of spawns for certain classes, like sniper and mg, making them and their weapons more precious (ie an mg would not be left on the ground). Another possibility was to...
  13. F

Stunning of tank crews

Would it be realistic to have some/all of a tank crew get stunned/made unconscious after a particularly bad hit/raise in pressure inside a tank? I suppose this would make getting the first shot in more important because if you knock them out it should be easy to finish them off.
  14. F

Muzzle Flash

Why big muzzle flashes on rifles/SMGs? The trailer shows large muzzle flashes whenever a gun is fired, but from what I had read in previous conversations and from what was previously in the mod I didn't believe that this was necessarily realistic. What made the team decide to put this in in a...
  15. F

More realistic communication

What about more realistic communication, i.e. one guy with radio set etc. You can also speak normally but only those near you can hear you, with your voice fading as you get further away (also directionally modelled). Situations could arise where soldiers are on two sides of a small blockade...
  16. F

Fire teams

There are discussions going on about 2 man MG teams going on etc. What if each side were organised into groups, i.e. rifle groups, mg groups, engineer groups, etc. of 2-5 men each which are encouraged to stay and fight together. I know in reality groups may have been larger, but It would be a...
  17. F

No death messages - different game

I was surprised at how much of a difference it makes to the game when death messages are disabled. Unless you see them collapse, you can't be sure you've killed your target, and it makes for a tenser and more realistic game. If you want to see what it's like, just try out one of the servers...