• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Battlefield 3

Well it looks like there are already hackers in the game:
hacka.png

Whilst not my best game (my whole k/d is 1.72) but check out the guy on the team and silly high rank, he sat on on a hill near the Russian spawn picking us off with a M98B. He has a stats booster for sure (he did not do capping and its only 100 points per kill) but I hope to dear god that was using a aim bot or else that gun is REALLY insane...
I remember the slug-shotgun in BC2 that was basically a one hit one kill sniperrifle-shotgun for cloe and far range.
DICE kept it in it's current state.
So yea, DICE can make ridiculous OP weapons and never change them.
This does not bode well, padawan.

This video tells more than a 100 reviews from renowned gaming sites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5h0Hq87-tVo

Last edited:
Upvote 0
First 40 or so seconds of the video Verluste posted.

"YEAH!?! KILL ME!!!"

"YOU CAN'T FUKKEN MOVE IN THIS GAME!!! YOU HAVE TO TAKE LONG ROUTES TO GET SOMEWHERE! I DON'T WANT TO TAKE LONG ROUTES!"

'nuff said.

Oh, I get it. It's sarcasm, because it's from /v/, whatever that is (albeit I surmise it is affiliated with the whole /b/ chan, or however it was called). Jeepers.

Last edited:
Reactions: kapulA
Upvote 0
The video above sums up pretty well the spawn situation.

Last night, 3 of the 4 spawn points were locked down by the opposing team on the server I played on.
I got killed by a vehicle/tank straight after spawning loads of times.

My first impressions are not good.
I'm going to filter out vehicles next time and try a few tricks to see if there is any coherent game play to be had, time will tell.

I was led to understand that Dice knew how to make MP games.
Rubish...Is the first word that comes to mind.

Reactions: Harb and Dcode
Upvote 0
Well it looks like there are already hackers in the game:
hacka.png

Whilst not my best game (my whole k/d is 1.72) but check out the guy on the team and silly high rank, he sat on on a hill near the Russian spawn picking us off with a M98B. He has a stats booster for sure (he did not do capping and its only 100 points per kill) but I hope to dear god that was using a aim bot or else that gun is REALLY insane...

Oh noes, someone is better than me... they must be hacking!

Upvote 0
But his score was around 33000 once the game had ended and all of his kills was from a M98B, thanks to the lens glare from his x12 I could see where he was camped. Also just try and do the maths, its around 100 per kill, a bit extra for markmans score making it arould 3500. Also check out his rank, I mean really, lvl 45 commander in 4 days? Really...

Upvote 0
A different example of cheating - http://csnation.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1092&d=1319850511

To honestly believe that there are no cheaters in the game is damn foolish, especially with the example above and the guy a few posts up that had the 19K score 34/1 KD ratio and top rank. :rolleyes:

EDIT:

Sue them? For what? People not knowing what's going on? Here's what that video actually shows:

Yay. Conspiracies. So let's see what Origin really does, shall we?
If you hook process monitor onto Origin you will not see Origin scanning anything, independently of how long you use it. So what triggered the OP's screenshot?
Origin on installation will try to find games installed on your harddrive and automatically register them within Origin. It does that in a couple of different ways:

1. It reads the windows games registry
  2. It looks for games in Program Files
  3. It looks for games in ProgramData (where, for unknown reason the OP's SMS and tax software are storing the data instead of the user profile where that data should go!)
  4. it reads the xfire config if it finds one for games
If you look at the screenshot closely you will see that it does not actually read any files. Instead it looks for their existence and recursively walks the directory. It does not read any of your files, at least not judging from this screenshot or anything I have found on my machine.
Lastly if you monitor the network traffic that Origin causes you will see that it does not transmit anything of value to EA. So far I have not seen anything bug login credentials being submitted.
But it's always so much more fun to assume that software is inherently evil. You can hook a syscall monitor on any application and you will see that it operates all over the drive. That's not something unique to Origin. Steam will do the same if you click the "add non steam game" button.
//EDIT: something I forgot: I think people should not run any sysinternals tools without a basic understanding of what they do or at least not jump to conclusions.

From: http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/lsoj6/still_thinking_eas_origin_is_harmless/c2vbjty

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So it's a week before I start working full time again and I came across a little over 60 bucks to spend. I can buy RO2 and have some money left over, or spend practically all of it on BF3. I went with BF3. After spending about 4 hours waiting around for Origin to activate my game so I was able to play I was getting kind of frustrated thinking about what I had done and possibly regretting my decision.

Once I got into the game though I knew it was worth it. Many of you might not like this game, but I think it's great. Origin sucks but it was totally worth it being able to play. There aren't too many bugs I've come across, and the main thing being that I am disconnected from a server at random. Other than that everything has been great. It sucks that I have hardly any excitement left for RO2, since I've been waiting for this game as long as many of you. That's my experience with BF3, love it, not all of you do but this is just me.

Reactions: Dcode
Upvote 0
Too bad you don't speak german.

This is a 4 page article about illegal stuff in the Origin EULA.
Origin is nothing more than spyware, violating numerous german information privacy laws. Yeah, it's all just one big conspiracy
You're right, it is just a conspiracy. One blown out of proportion by people who don't seem to know what they're talking about, be it in one sentence or 4 pages worth of repetition. Not sure why we're even arguing when you agree with me.

Reactions: Dcode
Upvote 0
You're right, it is just a conspiracy. One blown out of proportion by people who don't seem to know what they're talking about, be it in one sentence or 4 pages worth of repetition. Not sure why we're even arguing when you agree with me.

Too bad I can't use my lawyer powers to force you to accept that these are some serious issues. I guess I'll never understand why Americans enjoy getting stripped off their rights as consumers.

Upvote 0
Too bad I can't use my lawyer powers to force you to accept that these are some serious issues. I guess I'll never understand why Americans enjoy getting stripped off their rights as consumers.
And what rights would those be? I've already shown you how EA isn't violating your privacy and snooping around any private files that you think they are. I will agree that Origin is a pile of junk but I sure as hell don't feel like it's violating any of my rights. I just hate the principle of the program with the fact that EA pulled out of Steam to get more returns on sales.

Upvote 0