• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Battlefield 3

If you would put as much passion as you put into hating BF3 into other, more important factors of life then maybe you wouldn't be such a hater to begin with.

lol, overreacting much if that was pointed at me?

What other factors are there besides hating games? Sure can't be restoring old-timer cars and motorcycles or drinking beer and in the mean while smoking pot out of my ***? :rolleyes:

I'm fine with ya'll playing BF3, do whatever you want, hug it, whatever.

Upvote 0
Now that at least looks kind of like a Battlefield game. Nice to see that plane camping is back! Obviously the graphics look nice on that guy's rig (wont on mine, lol), and the sound work is amazing. Especially incoming fire.

Although, I find myself very irritated with the general indifference of the radio call-outs ...

"Yeah, we've got an enemy tank in our area over. You might proceed with caution, over."

"Yeah sooooo we've got a jeep ... yep, a jeep in our area, over. Yeah, pretty chill bro."

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hehe asked for a refund. After the first beta update the game is more buggy than it was yesterday.

It's a shame really because I like the gameplay but know they won't fix most of the bugs that are present now just like they didn't with the BC2 and MoH betas(although MoH was better)

The matchmaking system through the site would be good if it actually worked. Supposedly it was fixed in the update last night but it seems slightly worse for me and my friend now.

Upvote 0
I managed to play Caspian Border a little bit ago.

I take back the bad things I said about this game. It's just the Rush Mode on Metro that is complete junk. Caspian Border is amazing, to put it mildly. It's what I expected from the game.

Absolutely massive areas, cap points, vehicles, emplaced weapons, various destruction, etc.

Why they didn't have this as the default map for the beta, I'll honestly never know. It's really quite good.

I took some screens: http://csnation.net/showthread.php?380561-Caspian-Border-Screens&p=3262895#post3262895

The last shot there was me dropping in from a mobile spawn point (parachute drop near the point). See an enemy tank capping, take out my RPG, fire down, nail him. The initial blast took place, as I'm landing on the shipping container a second, larger blast took place and completely obscured my view with smoke until I hit the ground.

Upvote 0
As I said I want to stick with this but feel I can't due to too many issues. I am thinking about revisiting it after christmas if i'm not already hooked on other games.

The main issue really is going to be them shipping the game when it is rife with bugs and balance issues which they may or may not fix months down the line.

You can get some good games going on Metro as it stands if everyone doesn't go into wookie mode and engineers don't just spam rockets once you are in the subways. I can't tell if the M203 and similar are single player only as I see keybinds for them but it isn't listed on the current unlock path.

The friend system for BC2 took literally months to be fixed and the current one is far more complex. At present it causes my friends game to crash if I join on him.

The dazzling effect on the laser sights/flashlights is cool, but not so much when a guy wielding a pistol completely blocks you from seeing till you are dead.

I don't really mind developers doing stuff like weird web based launchers providing they work properly but it doesn't and even giving the devs the benefit of the doubt it uses more system resources at the very least which is less than ideal for people trying to play on lower end systems.

On a side note I get the same framerates with everything on ultra as I do in RO2 :p

Upvote 0
Played Caspian border yesterday. It is very epic and feels like real war much more than RO 2. Every minute something happening - tank destroys gas stationd and explosive sends to air 5 people, aa gun takes down plane and it hits tower and destroys it and etc. Sound is a top notch - i ve never heard such realistic sound of vehicles. I've been several times on military training and if feels exactly like there.
And you know what is the most interesting - BF3 has much more better graphics and physics than RO 2 , but it has more FPS on my PC... Also it has less bugs and etc.
I will definately give up playing RO in October - until at least TWI fixes the game so it wont play as early beta.

Upvote 0
The game looks quite solid, but I am not really convinced about the weapon handling.

But I agree with some of the points mentioned before; I just don't find it all worth the hassle with bugs and not working game components for years (BC2...) and have a patch once in six months.
That for 60 Euros/dollars is just not worth it. Had the same with BC2, pretty nice game, but it asks too much leeway for all the bugs they left in the game..

I think the game will be pretty fun, but not super awesome so I get on Origin and pay full price for a little upgrade over BC2.
If it appreas to be kinda bug free on launch and no huge annoyences, I might consider it. Also it may be badass and I buy it anyway. But as far as I can tell from the trailers/gameplay videos, it's not th

Upvote 0
After playing for some time I can tell you few things, game looks good, sound is astonishing. I had some real yaw opening moments.
Gameplay is arcade, dumbed donw but very fun. Lets face it realism gaming is behind us and its never coming back, that is sad indeed but what can we do, cry or adjust, sit back and enjoy ourselves. I always prefer second.
I'm looking forward to spending my nights in pwning kids around the world, you should do the same thing. :)

Upvote 0