• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Call of Duty: Black Ops

Great, I get the game, and PS3 disc drive decides to crap out. I haven't played on the PS3 for about 3 weeks, though I've watched Netflix on it.

I put the disc in, nothing. I try different discs, DVDs, games, Blue Ray, nothing. Follow the troubleshooting guide Sony has posted online for this issue, nothing.

Now they want $119 to fix this, wtf? I sent them an email saying how ridicilous it is to charge someone $119 to fix an issue with defective equipment.

tl;dr FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU disc drive is broke.

Upvote 0
Great, I get the game, and PS3 disc drive decides to crap out. I haven't played on the PS3 for about 3 weeks, though I've watched Netflix on it.​

I put the disc in, nothing. I try different discs, DVDs, games, Blue Ray, nothing. Follow the troubleshooting guide Sony has posted online for this issue, nothing.​

Now they want $119 to fix this, wtf? I sent them an email saying how ridicilous it is to charge someone $119 to fix an issue with defective equipment.​

tl;dr FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU disc drive is broke.​
Boy that sucks :( My HDD with 200gb data of my life in the past 10 years just died this week too, damn our modern technology :mad: Hope you'll get yours fixed somehow, cheap

Upvote 0
Why would they use prototype weapons though? they would not even be guaranteed to work, in one level they are using a AUG which was not even designed until 1977-78, also the soviets and Vietcong are using spas 12 shotguns, which is totally daft.

Here is more info

[url]http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Call_of_Duty:_Black_Ops[/URL]
If you're THAT upset over the use of a few prototype weapons in this VIDEO GAME, I shudder to think of how you'd react if you ever played some of the recent Ghost Recon titles.

Upvote 0
I must have read the packaging wrong. I thought Blacks Ops was a silly game and not a realistic military simulator. I don't see how I can play it now I know there is a gun in the game that was not officially available for another 8 years. I know for a fact the 18m buying it will feel the same way.

On the other hand never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Upvote 0
I thought Blacks Ops was a silly game and not a realistic military simulator.

Well you might have a level head about it, but there are people out there who think these games are realistic and take the things in the games as historical fact.

I can't count the number of times I've heard the word "realistic" thrown around when people promote CoD in interviews and previews.

Upvote 0

original.jpg

Upvote 0
Well you might have a level head about it, but there are people out there who think these games are realistic and take the things in the games as historical fact.

I can't count the number of times I've heard the word "realistic" thrown around when people promote CoD in interviews and previews.

Yeah its silly how many times cod is called realistic.

If you're THAT upset over the use of a few prototype weapons in this VIDEO GAME, I shudder to think of how you'd react if you ever played some of the recent Ghost Recon titles.

Im not upset about it, its just mad that they are so lazy that they could not even do basic research on what weapons were used(2-3 hours of research at tops) just look at that project 85 mod for armed assault, all weapons and uniforms fantastically researched, and it increases immersion ten fold.

Also im gonna have to play ghost recon 1 again, not played it for a while.:IS2:

Upvote 0
Lags - check
Freezes - check
Fps drops - check

Despite Black Ops uses same old graphic engine as CoD:MW1/WaW/MW2, something is really wrong with game optimalization.
Conclusion: BO has been ported really lame from consoles. I'm wondering if devs spent any time beta testing PC version.

Even on consoles, I don't see any real advancement from the last game.
And yesh, I've played it.

Upvote 0
^whilst i wont be getting this until it's a price where i don't care if i only get into the single player - i have to say it does appeal more than MW2.
Can ppl who have played both rate them against each other plz?

I'm interested as treyarch are the carriers of the cod banner now, and i hadn't previously rated their contribution up to that point.

Upvote 0
Camping? I've seen far less camping in these maps, at least in TDM, than I did in MW2. In MW2 you knew basically where the hot spots where for where people will be. With the exception of a few maps in BO, there really aren't any areas like that.

And this crap about the graphics is asinine. It looks no worse than MW2 and often looks better than it in some areas.

Upvote 0