• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Call of Duty: Black Ops

I wasn't aware AI factored into "art". Always seemed like a different field of study to me.

You never specified "art", you just said "the game is well-made" :p

So if you, like any sane person, agree that a lot of good work went into the art of the game and you, like an elitist prick worth his salt agree that the game's direction is horrible then don't pirate it! For one of two reasons: Either buy it because it's a well-made game and you apparently don't mind the direction, or stay away from it because it's a stupidly directed game. But don't pop in here saying you torrent this because you don't like it. What kind of hypocritical nonsense is that?

I only recall one person in this thread saying he would pirate it (and it wasen't me, in case you have gotten the posts confused, i have no plans of getting it in any way, shape or form), so i'm not entirely sure why you think this is important to mention now, as opposed to when the guy posted it.

Upvote 0
You never specified "art", you just said "the game is well-made" :p
ORLY?
Also, say what you will about the idea behind the game and the general gameplay. Stale and rehashed or not. But the art has been consistently outstanding throughout all CoD games up to now. They are well-made games. Whether they are good games is a matter of debate, but that they are well-made is obvious.
:p

I only recall one person in this thread saying he would pirate it (and it wasen't me, in case you have gotten the posts confused, i have no plans of getting it in any way, shape or form), so i'm not entirely sure why you think this is important to mention now, as opposed to when the guy posted it.
I said it in that context. I couldn't post it right beneath the post of the perpetrator because I didn't monitor the forums at that time, god forbid... So I posted my opinion a little later on in the discussion, after gusone had picked up the subject again.

Upvote 0
I mean, I guess it doesn't really matter since there won't be an SDK or mapping tools for CoD:BO. They decided to take that away too.
Huh? I thought they said there are going to be modtools after launch.

Also, the smaller player count is something I will be able to live with because it probably won't interfere much with gameplay, but it does kinda bother me that they didn't adapt it to PC as in making it 32 players like the previous games.

On the other hand at least they launch with 14 maps and I guess with DLC soon not after launch(even if it's paid DLC), that will at least keep me playing and not like BC2 where only now after like half a year they got the idea of adding new(well, recycled from BC1 but they were pretty awesome) maps when most people already stopped playing.

Upvote 0
There will be mod tools...

I have heard thats not real mod tools, but some configuration stuff, so you can setup server (which you rented first) whatever you like.

Anyway, the only reason why I'm considering buying BO is lack of any other new fps multiplayer game around. Awaiting time for RO2 release is true pain and even some brainless CoD action can do it...

Upvote 0
If TWI is to suceed with RO2 then I am afraid to say it will be thanks to the brainless horde playing. It's not the game it's the people who play it. Hence they have dumbed down RO2 in the first place. They need the CoD mindless to play - it's a numbers game. Else it's s 5 years of $3 sales which will be a poor ROI. So my point is prepare for "Your MOM!" and "FU" in chat. If not it's 2 TWB servers. Still think KF2 is a better ROI.

Upvote 0

YARLY, you do point out the "artwork" as an example of something that's good, but you segway from there right into the more general statement of the "game" beeing "well-made", which opens the floor to the rest of it, as a game is a lot more than it's 2D and 3D assets ;)

I said it in that context. I couldn't post it right beneath the post of the perpetrator because I didn't monitor the forums at that time, god forbid... So I posted my opinion a little later on in the discussion, after gusone had picked up the subject again.

Fair enough, but it does help if you point out that you are nolonger talking directly to/about the person you just quoted, else, it can get a little confusing.

Upvote 0
Well, now that I explained what I meant you'd think the reinterpretation would come to and end...

which opens the floor to the rest of it, as a game is a lot more than it's 2D and 3D assets ;)
Exactly. The sounds (including voice-work) and the music are great too, as are the animations and special effects, as is the engine and its performance, the controls and the game-mechanics in the multiplayer modes as well as the layout of the menus. And while I, personally, may not like it, as is the cinematic feel of the single player campaign. It's dumb and chaotic and it's not what I want from a game but it is well-made.:rolleyes:

Get over it and stop twisting my words around. I said the art is great and [in this regard] the game is well-made and later on I explained that the execution is great but the direction is wrong (wrong meaning, "not appealing to me"). How more specific can you get? But no, because half a sentence, taken out of context, reads "the game is well-made" it must be interpreted as "EVERYTING ABOUT TEH GAIME IS TEH AWZUM!" just so you can play a smartass and point our that in fact the game does have flaws (*gasp*) and certain elements (e.g. the AI) are "only" industry standard and in fact, not exceptional!:eek:
Well done... You are, of course right. Not every facet of the game deserves a 10/10.
I admit defeat and I abjure, curse and detest my earlier statement where I literally and wrongly proclaimed "EVERYTING ABOUT TEH GAIME IS TEH AWZUM!"

Upvote 0
If TWI is to suceed with RO2 then I am afraid to say it will be thanks to the brainless horde playing. It's not the game it's the people who play it. Hence they have dumbed down RO2 in the first place. They need the CoD mindless to play - it's a numbers game. Else it's s 5 years of $3 sales which will be a poor ROI. So my point is prepare for "Your MOM!" and "FU" in chat. If not it's 2 TWB servers. Still think KF2 is a better ROI.

Man, you used to be cool.

Upvote 0
Here's how exciting are single player campaigns now

BITmX.jpg

Upvote 0