• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Call of Duty: Black Ops

I don't think it's worth the effort to download it, even if it is free.

Think about the trolling opportunities. Remember everytime we had a free weekend and every troll on the interwebs came down on us, well it's time for equal opportunity troll back. :p Oh yea, I might also want to dig into the game files a little, lotsa little goodies in there too.

Last edited:
Reactions: illinifan
Upvote 0
Exactly. I thought I might be the only one who still does this. Uninstall > clean out left over folders > clean up registry entries > defrag

I run Crap Cleaner's registry cleaner every day so that is not much of an issue for me.

But it is not worth the download. The gameplay feels very dated. The worst part are the maps. They are very poorly done. After playing them for 7 or so minutes you will memorize them... I got bored of them already. I can't see how it has any longevity.

It feels even lamer than CoD MW2's MP. If you're looking for an arcadey online FPS BFBC2 is far better.

Upvote 0
Well I downloaded Black ops, stabbed a bunch of people and then . . . . Fatal Error! You'd think a AAA developer with all that money could have the game play for more than 10min at a time. Damn game breaking bugs.
That's what happens when you play on the lowest grossing "console" in the business ... lol.

Upvote 0
I so can't wait until everyone wakes the hell up and realises how crappy the whole CoD thing is. They're screwed when that happens! Hell, even the official UK xbox magazine has expressed disappointment with Codblops and a leading PC magazine (don't remember which) gave it a brutal 6/10. IGN expressed similar feelings at some point, too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, but you're not really known for your discerning taste in games around these parts. Just sayin'.

I predict a ban here. :p

But I honestly thought BO's MP was worse than MW2's. Aside from the lack of dedicated servers. But both where very lame. The burst M16A1 was extremely lame. Still had 30 shots in the 20 round mags to. All they did was make a new 3D model and replace the M16A4 from MW1. Hard to get into a game when they barely put any effort into it.

Reactions: Bluehawk
Upvote 0
Sorry for not being a fanboy like everyone else. :)

That's very easy to say when you're the guy who can hand out infractions, and the forum rules forbids the rest of us from getting into a fight with you.

It's a bit like if i where to point a gun at someone's face and start calling him rude names, he probably woulden't argue with it either..

But hey, we're all happy for you, you get to feel like a big man and everything. :)

Upvote 0
That's very easy to say when you're the guy who can hand out infractions, and the forum rules forbids the rest of us from getting into a fight with you.

It's a bit like if i where to point a gun at someone's face and start calling him rude names, he probably woulden't argue with it either..

But hey, we're all happy for you, you get to feel like a big man and everything. :)
Because I merely said I'm not a fanboy, a completely generalized statement, that somehow correlates to my being a mod here? :rolleyes:

Get back on topic if that's the extent of your opinion.

Reactions: Dr. Pierre Chang
Upvote 0
I also tried it at the free weekend.
The game has a problem as my steam name is only 3 characters long (pii). So I got kicked from most servers immediately as they did not like my name (unnamed something). Only solution I need to rename my self on steam.
Then I was running around in this shoe-box map (nuketown?) where the median lifetime was 5 secs or so. In the twenty minutes I tried it I leveled up to 8 or so. The Unlock/Level up messages seemed to be in nearly the same pace as as the shooting in this shoe-box with two houses in it.
Downloaded in 2 hours. Deleted after 20 minutes.

Upvote 0
I also tried it at the free weekend.
The game has a problem as my steam name is only 3 characters long (pii). So I got kicked from most servers immediately as they did not like my name (unnamed something). Only solution I need to rename my self on steam.
Then I was running around in this shoe-box map (nuketown?) where the median lifetime was 5 secs or so. In the twenty minutes I tried it I leveled up to 8 or so. The Unlock/Level up messages seemed to be in nearly the same pace as as the shooting in this shoe-box with two houses in it.
Downloaded in 2 hours. Deleted after 20 minutes.
Nuketown is by far the worst map in the game, especially when playing on an 18 player server.

Sad thing is, most of the Black Ops players play that map. I presume because it's easy and you just need to spray towards the enemy spawn to get a few kills. Might also be because they think they can get more exp on a map like that, and as we know, there are a ****load of CoD players who mainly play to level up (I will never understand this).

Whatever the case, it's by far the most popular map in the game, which says a lot about the average gamer who plays Black Ops.

Upvote 0