• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Call of Duty: Black Ops

The really ****ty thing about this all is? Even with the lag spikes, the random disconnects, the failures to load, I'm STILL enjoying this more than Modern Warfare 2's spam fest.

Though this was amusing as well:
http://yfrog.com/9d4zypj
http://yfrog.com/fxxs5j
Agreed. It's like crack.

Camping? I've seen far less camping in these maps, at least in TDM, than I did in MW2. In MW2 you knew basically where the hot spots where for where people will be. With the exception of a few maps in BO, there really aren't any areas like that.

And this crap about the graphics is asinine. It looks no worse than MW2 and often looks better than it in some areas.
Well, I think the playermodels in MW2 were better looking. And the singleplayer locales were more appealing (sp wise).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Camping? I've seen far less camping in these maps, at least in TDM, than I did in MW2. In MW2 you knew basically where the hot spots where for where people will be. With the exception of a few maps in BO, there really aren't any areas like that.

And this crap about the graphics is asinine. It looks no worse than MW2 and often looks better than it in some areas.

Have you seen the motion sensor yet? And what about that recon plane that stays there for the whole game unless someone shoots it down?

Oh and you just said it looks better than MW2 in some areas...
Also, some parts of the maps are looking good, but in general... =/

I should have completed my sentence by saying that i was comparing it to MW2.

Upvote 0
Have you seen the motion sensor yet? And what about that recon plane that stays there for the whole game unless someone shoots it down?

Oh and you just said it looks better than MW2 in some areas...

I should have completed my sentence by saying that i was comparing it to MW2.
I'm going by personal experience with gameplay, not a motion sensor. Both myself and teammates, and enemies have made circuits around the maps in TDM. Those that do camp don't last long at all. Maybe things are different if you're playing on a console, but on the PC it's been damn frantic without the worry of 50 billion things spamming down on me from the sky ala: MW2.

About the visuals, what the hell were you expecting (not YOU, but in general)? It's been running on the same damn engine for years now. People expect freaking miracles out of the ancient engine. So long as it looks slightly better year after year is enough of a boost until they go to an all new engine finally.

But you have these people who are absolutely crying up a storm because it doesn't look like Crysis or some other visually demanding game and it's those people who's sanity I begin to question.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My friend stayed at the same spot for almost the whole game with the motion sensor. And you can even move it around if you want to!

I didnt bought the game because
1:Activison is the publisher
2:I am perfectly aware that the engine is super old and designed for consoles (so there<s no point for me to buy it because i'm a PC player)
3:The PC version is only a port

So don't get me wrong, i wasn't expecting something extremely beautiful like the Crysis engine. I think that the game looks slightly better in some parts of the maps when you compare it to MW2. But the guys i have played with today are not sharing the same opinion... they think the graphics sucks compared to MW2 (and i highly doubt that they have played any Crysis game by the way ;)).

EDIT:
So, why don't they upgrade to a newer, better engine?
They've got time,
It's not like they have to release a new Call of Duty every year.

Probably because of the consoles, they wouldnt handle a better engine.

Upvote 0
I have this on order, i am just waiting for it to arrive. This looks a amazing game and a better improvement from the last call of duty. I am a bit annoyed about the dedicated servers because i was hoping to host my own for the community i am in because we own a dedicated server, but instead we have to buy from GameServers.

Upvote 0
So, why don't they upgrade to a newer, better engine?
They've got time,
It's not like they have to release a new Call of Duty every year.
Costs money. Their stock price has been languishing for quite awhile now. :mad: All the hype and spin they spew doesn't appear to be doing much for the bottom line. They need to do something. Unfortunately, ATVI has held its own better than the likes of THQI and ERTS.

Floyd (I won't buy any of their games, but I'll buy their stock? Hmmm. Shouldn't that tell me something?)

Upvote 0
On Xbox, besides the matchmaking (****ing AWFUL trying to play with friends - nobody except the host makes it into the lobby about fifty times in a row, finally get in a lobby with everybody, 2 matches, everybody in the lobby leaves, you have to back out) and the theater mode not working correctly (only SOME matches are saved. I had one match on nuketown where I was absolutely poetic in my killing in a 30-3 romping, didn't make the cut. Another nuketown save where I joined and immediately disconnected because nobody in my party made it WAS saved.) The Theater mode is schizophrenic. The first couple consecutive matches (maybe all of the ones played when I first got the game) are there, but then it won't save another for an hour. Other times, two straight games on firing range are saved. Makes NO sense and its so maddening when the one you want to see doesn't appear.

I was immediately impressed with how they changed sniping. The lens effect is cool. No quickscoping because 1. steady aim pro doesn't work with snipers, 2. takes a little longer to get into the scope in this game and 3. when you first bring the scope up it shakes heavily for a second. Glad to see there will be an element of skill involved, and not giving sniping correctly a ****ing name. Hardscoping. Still can't get over that retardation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I lol'd when in Cuba mission an enemy dropped an AK-47 with a reflex sight. I could bear with all the cheesyness of the plot and stupid action, but not this.
:rolleyes: It's a videogame. It's not real. Stop complaining about liberties being taken with a fictional story.

As for that video: It's the first damn mission of the game. It's meant to be easy.

I swear, people will cry about the most inconsequential of ****.

Upvote 0