• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Altfire for flamethrower

didnt know it put out flames lol. I guess the OP wants something more offensive, rather than something defensive or passive
Oh I agree but I was only stating that the Syringe actually does put out the fire on someone. A quick hint to help towards Husks, if you get shot, heal instantly and the fire damage over time will stop. It's a very useful trick I learnt. :)

On topic:
If you're going to have an alt-fire on the Flame Thrower, you need to make it unique BUT something that can't be taken as overpowering the Firebug. I can see the idea of setting alight fire as a completely overused idea which yes I agree, a lot of ideas are used in most games these days which is why I would prefer not to use it.

How about this idea:
I dunno if most people know this but the longer you hold the fire button down, the more damage you do (as shown by the meter used on the flame thrower itself). So my idea overall would be to make a maximum "overload" of the damage meter going in hyperdrive (full power) for the time you hold it down BUT (yes a but, of course) make it so it uses a lot more ammo during this period. This will balance the weapon out and then the Firebug can deal with groups a lot better and suprise attacks. This will help team players out a lot with those who suddenly need the help and your team realised a bit late and can't react quick enough. Ok this demolition could do this but this is a crowd clearer too so you can't get rid of it's job without a downside like the Demolition is lack of ammo. Why not do the same with the Firebug if it wants to try use full power so to speak.

Upvote 0
Oh I agree but I was only stating that the Syringe actually does put out the fire on someone. A quick hint to help towards Husks, if you get shot, heal instantly and the fire damage over time will stop. It's a very useful trick I learnt. :)

On topic:
If you're going to have an alt-fire on the Flame Thrower, you need to make it unique BUT something that can't be taken as overpowering the Firebug. I can see the idea of setting alight fire as a completely overused idea which yes I agree, a lot of ideas are used in most games these days which is why I would prefer not to use it.

How about this idea:
I dunno if most people know this but the longer you hold the fire button down, the more damage you do (as shown by the meter used on the flame thrower itself). So my idea overall would be to make a maximum "overload" of the damage meter going in hyperdrive (full power) for the time you hold it down BUT (yes a but, of course) make it so it uses a lot more ammo during this period. This will balance the weapon out and then the Firebug can deal with groups a lot better and suprise attacks. This will help team players out a lot with those who suddenly need the help and your team realised a bit late and can't react quick enough. Ok this demolition could do this but this is a crowd clearer too so you can't get rid of it's job without a downside like the Demolition is lack of ammo. Why not do the same with the Firebug if it wants to try use full power so to speak.

Sure, if i get 10 instead of 3 canisters!

Upvote 0