• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why gunslinger perk?The pistol mastery of SS is just good

Does this really require it's own thread?

Well, might as well address the thing while I'm here. There is serious talk of stripping the SS of it's pistols. Short-term, the bonus will be mostly gone for the 9mm in higher diffs of 1016. So there is actually some reason here.

I don't know if the GS perk would be a good idea, but I do know that pistols may be in more question perk-wise soon.

Upvote 0
I like how sharpie only gets his bonus from headshots now in the beta, so spamminess has been seriously kicked in the goolies :)

TWI have announced the Gunslinger is beyond the scope of this update, but they didn't give it a "no sodding chance" so it may still come to light.

When I tried jerry rigging a basic equivilant of the gunslinger (playing Sharpie level 4 with jsut pistols and dualies) I did notice a number of problems that he would have to overcome.

Here is my personal propostition to what the Gunslinger would be, Warning! - It is very long, and if you read it in the Gunslinger thread it is nothing new :)

Spoiler!

I ran a little test to get a feel for the application of the Gunslinger with these attributes. These are my results.
Again, is quite long and if you've already read it in the Gunslinger thread it is nothing new.

Spoiler!

So yeah I do think the Gunslinger would work as a unique perk, and would keep pistols useful if they are ganked for the Sharpie like we all imagine they will be. Dual wielding also has a purpose too. However this is just hypothetical and my personal opinion on what the GUnslinger should be IF he is implemented.

Last edited:
Reactions: -[SiN]-bswearer
Upvote 0