• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Longer game mode and more

Barot8

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Several ideas. First, how about a simple fix to make the long game extra long (increasing specimens), perhaps 15 rounds.

Also how about a guard player mode.

A randomly chosen player (who must carry a valuable item to the trader). If the player is killed the item is lost and the group purchase from the trader increase in cost for the remainder of the game. If the player survives, and the item is delivered, the group gets a discount on a random item. Each round that the player carries the item to the trader he gets a slight money bonus (as incentive). I considered the item should take at least 1 weight block.

I considered the idea of guarding the trader in transit from location to location as well, but thought it might be difficult to set up.

Another thought, multiple traders with different prices. Some could be higher than others, or maybe a price war, so certain items are cheaper at one trader than another.

A recruitment map game. You and your fellow survivors must finish the round at an end location where if successful you will be recruited to fight the continuing outbreak. This could be part of a single player story mode...

Just a few thoughts...

Several ideas. First, how about a simple fix to make the long game extra long (increasing specimens), perhaps 15 rounds.

This can be done in Sandbox mode if you dont mind it being non whitelisted. Can't say I'd fancy a 15 round game myself... some levels get repetative enoughas is on 10 wave.

Also how about a guard player mode.

NoGlory I think suggested a VIP mode with a diffferent idea, but similar principle. I dunon, any new game modes would interest me to be fair.

Another thought, multiple traders with different prices. Some could be higher than others, or maybe a price war, so certain items are cheaper at one trader than another.

Would have mariginal effect for level 6's with their collosal percentage discount. Even if you whacked an item up

Upvote 0
NoGlory I think suggested a VIP mode with a diffferent idea, but similar principle. I dunon, any new game modes would interest me to be fair.

I like that idea. How about this for an addition to that. At the beginning of each wave a person is selected randomly to be the VIP and THAT person is given full armor and all of their weapons are disabled. That way they don't lose their weapons but they can't use them either.

Maybe instead of weapons disabled, they are forced to only use the syringe for the wave?

Upvote 0
How about this for an addition to that. At the beginning of each wave a person is selected randomly to be the VIP and THAT person is given full armor and all of their weapons are disabled. That way they don't lose their weapons but they can't use them either.

Maybe instead of weapons disabled, they are forced to only use the syringe for the wave?

No -__-

That would make being VIP EXTREMELY BORING, if you cant do anything but sit around.

What comes to Barots idea about 15 wave game, I think that would be too much. A 10 wave on suicidal lasts already well over an hour, more waves would just get boring. But adding some more specimens to the 10 wave game would be a better idea.

Upvote 0
No -__-

That would make being VIP EXTREMELY BORING, if you cant do anything but sit around.

I don't think it would be boring. I think making the VIP random makes it more interesting.

No making the least experienced the VIP.

Only have one medic on the team? What if he made the VIP for the wave?

Not worried about scrakes and FP because the best SS has an xbow? What if he was changed into the VIP as the wave starts.

By having the VIP chosen randomly at the start of the wave, that removes the ability to stack the team.

I understand your point about the VIP not having a weapon would be boring, but think about it for a second. Imagine you are the VIP and you have to stay alive. You can't kill anything but maybe you have to run from the group. Maybe stick with one person and when he dies, you have to run across the room to the others.

Yeah, the VIP can't kill anything, but I think that makes the game more involved for the VIP. After all, it isn't as if he is just gonna stand in the corner and do nothing.

Upvote 0
I'd have thought that the VIP would naturally get aggro alot easier than other players, but not to a stupid degree. The other players would still be targetted. Perhaps Certain specimens like stalkers and husks and ones good at tattacking individual players would be the ones to try and focus on the VIP. But then again this idea has already had a good long chat about it :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I like that idea. How about this for an addition to that. At the beginning of each wave a person is selected randomly to be the VIP and THAT person is given full armor and all of their weapons are disabled. That way they don't lose their weapons but they can't use them either.

Only if it changed who the VIP was every 30 or so seconds, that would be quite funny.

sharpie lining up a shot on the FP, then becomes the VIP and cant do **** XD

Upvote 0

That idea is complete ****e. That's like having to be in spectator mode for the whole round except you still have to dodge specimens but get to have no fun shooting stuff.

Upvote 0