• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Collectors Edition?

SovietPower

Aug 12, 2010
Will there be a collectors addition box set for Heroes of Stalingrad?

I think it would be really good to have a collectors edition of the game, the soundtrack on a CD, and a book talking about the game. You could even do a DVD about the creation of the game.

I just think Heroes of Stalingrad will be a classic, so I think to have a collectors edition of the game would be a great idea.

Could you confirm whether this will or won't happen?

I most certainly would buy it, and I think a lot of other people would too.

HOI3 had the best World War 2 music.

Check out these soundtracks in Hearts of Iron 3. I hope the composer for Heroes of Stalingrad produces as good as this or better. I really want Heroes of Stalingrad to have an amazing soundtrack.

Listen to these songs; (All based on the Soviet Union)

YouTube - Andreas Waldetoft - Hearts of Iron III Soviet Suite - Part 2
YouTube - Andreas Waldetoft - Hearts of Iron III Soviet Suite - Part 3 (Let it get settled at 30 seconds in, it's really good.)
YouTube - Hearts Of Iron III: Rise My Comrades!
YouTube - Andreas Waldetoft - Hearts of Iron III Soviet Suite - Finale (Again, let it get settled at 30 seconds, it's amazing)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
What I would hope to see in a collectors edition is:

- All future DLC for free
- Never any form of Advertisements in the game.

I simply hate having to pay for a game after the initial sum, I don't mind paying more than the regular price to ensure that I'll never have to pay any additional money to have all the content for the game.

Reactions: Alexander Ostmann
Upvote 0
Originally posted by SovietPower
I think it would be really good to have a collectors edition of the game, the soundtrack on a CD, and a book talking about the game. You could even do a DVD about the creation of the game.

I just think Heroes of Stalingrad will be a classic, so I think to have a collectors edition of the game would be a great idea.

I would pay for that:D

Upvote 0
sorry to derail, but i just have to do it........

more evidence that there is a bug with pasting links for youtube videos:
[URL]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=607164&postcount=10[/URL]

i'm not the only one and i'm not crazy :rolleyes::p

-------------------------------------------

back on topic, if there's a collectors edition, i'll buy it for whatever extra goodies it will offer :) perhaps a mini :IS2:

Upvote 0
I'd definitely like a collectors edition.
Provided ofcourse that this time around it'll actually reach the retail stores here in Holland. Otherwise i'll have to import it + buy one on Steam right away to be there on the minute of it's release :D

Cool stuff would be things like figurines, one of a Russian soldier and another of a German soldier.
Ofcourse a CD with ROHOS music (that main theme is already sounding way awesome, can't wait to hear the final and the rest of the songs), or DVD's with making of HOS.
Or, a DVD with a small documentary about each map, with insight to the real battle, comparison shots and all the rest of what possibly could be told :)
And a giant poster to hang in my room! :cool:

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Every version of the collectors edition should ship with a Mosin.

Ok, maybe not.

Maybe a small part of a deactivated IS-2?:IS2:

But honestly, it would be nice to see one. A CD with the sound track, dev commentary ect. would be nice.

But I do not want to see collectors editions have additional content that is not in the normal version.

Upvote 0
It should also have this guy in the cover:

ComicBookGuy5.gif

Upvote 0
Well, in general the best game soundtrack IMO is the one from Mass Effect
The best from each game in my opinion:
I think these are better:
YouTube - Mass Effect - Uncharted Worlds (music)

YouTube - Mass Effect - The Citadel (music)

YouTube - Mass Effect - Spectre induction (music)

But since the ME2 soundtrack is composed by Jack Wall instead of the awesome combination of Jack Wall and Sam Hulick (who will compose for Heroes of Stalingrad!) it's worse than the ME1 soundtrack.

But almost everything about ME1 is better compared to the latest iteration.

Upvote 0