• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your favourite RO moment so far

There is one custom RO map I played ages ago that was great one time and since cannot remember what it is called exactly. The few vague details I will include might ring an alarm for someone.
I know part of it was a small train station in the open where we ( Germans ) we pushed back to holding out for a little bit until finally the Russians brought in so much firepower we all died and were pushed back to the final objective.
Now the final objective was a church situated on a hill with the last spawn behind it. We set up defense all around the front and held the russians off sometimes being pushed back those 20-30 meters to the church itself only to fight off the one's who made it through. After the situation was under control we would counterattack back to the front of the church against the walls again to wait for another onslaught. This went on for a few more minutes until we ran out of reinforcements and decided to all get to the church and make a last stand. We BARELY won this round with only a few guys left with automatics...no LMG left just a few MP40 guys with all riflemen killed. The soviets had around 8-10% reinforcements left with us winning only because of the clock ticking away. Very good game and it was one of those "great" moments I can remember having. Reminds me of the deperate defense the Wehrmacht often displayed against the odds just only holding out.
So does anyone have any idea what that map could have been? I can't remember much more than that it has been almost two years now I would say.

Wow just a little digging and I found it:

http://www.red.orchestra.pl/datas/spgm/index.php?spgmGal=maps/makhnovo_village

Very nice.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
One of the times that come to mind was a few weeks ago playing the Factory 2 map. I was a semi-auto on the Russian side leaving the garage going toward the German stock one cap. As I came through the doorway, there were three Germans right under the stock one cap. I fired off three single shots and dropped each one with a single hipshot from distance. I could not believe it and neither could any of the guys I shot. It was just one of those nights when you are on and hit everything you shoot at.

I had one other on Beach Assault where I was Russian with a bolt. I was going in to the left bunker and there was a machine gunner in the murder hole waiting. He started shooting when I hit the doorway to enter the bunker and I fired a single hip shot from my bolt and dropped him. His helmet was still sitting in the murder hole and he was pissed.

Just two of the many memorable moments in this great game.

Upvote 0
Gotta post one more, this one happened actually earlier than my first posting.

In Stalingrad Kessel I deployed my DP-28 by the Warehouse corner in the North Rail Yard side and let loose. I swept the German-occupied building roof to destroy, or at least suppress their snipers and MGs there. It was furious, I ceased fire only to change a new clip. Comrades coming from the Warehouse supplied me all the time. The kill count was nice and the Germans seemed to have very little chance to fire us from the roof. The weapon naturally overheated, began to sound strange, and eventually ceased to function at all and I had to throw it away and grab a rifle from a fallen mate.

I can't remember if we could capture the NRY then, but at least I felt I was doing a worthy job for my team there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Uh! I remembered a good round I had.
It was DH map, where the Germans hold a winter town againts 101st Paratroopers.

All in all, throughout the whol round I was a MG soldier with an MG-42. I had a couple of munition belts, and occupied a bombed out house near the main road.
We managed to hold the map till the time ran out, but what is sensational is the fact, that I never left that very same house, and kept shooting into the American's flank causing heavy casualties, while I was behind enemy lines.
I had an American attack the hous 4 times, all the time killing him.
Than after running throught the ammo, took his M1 Garand.

What I don't understand is, that nobody threw a grenade at me. I found that strange. And thatsone of the reasons, I managed to survive long enough.

Upvote 0
Where: Basovka (lol spelling?) on TWB EAST COAST
When: Last night
What: i joined axis while they were going for the final point with about a minute left.. we were about to win it, and i tried to throw a nade point blank through one of the windows but it bounced off and killed like 3 of us including me therefore being soley responsible for losing us the game. I got verbally raped. :p

Upvote 0
It was on a custom map wich i cant remember the name of.
As a soviet rifleman i flanked a bunker and got in through the back, i saw a machinegunner shooting at teammates. Nobody saw me and i didnt want to give away my position so i bayonet-charged him. Then i saw another person standing next to him when i rounded a corner, so i stabbed him too, within 3 seconds or so. Then i hipshot a 3rd German coming in by luck, but in the meantime the 2nd MG had redeployed and i stared at his barrel.
I was about to try and charge him, and then he pulled the trigger :rolleyes::D

Upvote 0
Aside from countless cool moments in the Mod and previously in my RO career, today after 14 months of not playing RO, I was on the TaT 32 player Danzig server. There were about 24 of us on, not too loaded up, no annoying noobs, etc and so forth. Aside from actually doing very good with a Mosin, the cool moment was going 5 kills for 5 shots with an M44 camping the Langermarkt. It felt very good.

Upvote 0
Aside from countless cool moments in the Mod and previously in my RO career, today after 14 months of not playing RO, I was on the TaT 32 player Danzig server. There were about 24 of us on, not too loaded up, no annoying noobs, etc and so forth. Aside from actually doing very good with a Mosin, the cool moment was going 5 kills for 5 shots with an M44 camping the Langermarkt. It felt very good.

Glad you enjoyed the =TaT= Server! Hope you'll come back and play again soon! :)

=TaT=Col.Lettland

Upvote 0
This isn't my favourite RO moment so far, but it's one of the best moments I have had in RO lately. I was playing Kriegstadt (sp?) and the whole round was just an awesome experience. I was hiding behind some sandbags with enemy mg fire all over the place. Then the shooting stopped for a sec, and I lost my patience and got up to run trough an open field to the next sandbags. As soon as I got up, enemy fire came pouring down, and I regretted my decision, but it was to late to turn around. As I ran across the open field, I was really nervous and kept thinking to myself "Oh **** I'm going to die, I'm going to die!"
Not a really a great RO moment, i know, but I very, very rarely get that feeling while playing a game, so I just wanted to illustrate how immersive RO can be sometimes.

PS: I did make it and I did not get hit :)

Upvote 0
After a half year break from the game, I recently got back to playing the TWB servers. Just had a very memorable and satisfying 2 rounds playing Smolensk Stalemate as the Soviets.

During the first round the Germans managed to infiltrate and capture the farm relatively quickly and we lost ground in the village soon after. But our resistance did stiffen and we held the ridge stubbornly to the very end. Around 2 minutes to the end of the round someone started calling for a bayonet charge at 1 minute before the end. Because we held the ridge comfortably, we started fixing our bayonets. Then at exactly 1 minute someone screamed "OUURRAAAA POBIEDA!!" into the public channel and the rest of the guys followed to the terror of the stunned Grmans. We sweeped through the village bashing and slicing through flesh, me and two other guys fought our way back to the farm unscathed seconds before the end of the round. Truly epic feeling to have survived such a ferocious charge.

Then during the second round the team setup a brilliant defence and we held the farm to the very end, fighting off halftracks, infantry assualts and snipers.

Red Orchestra still has it.

I played as Hurrr, hope some of you played that round. To the fallen, your sacrifice did not go in vain!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
:cool:
After a half year break from the game, I recently got back to playing the TWB servers. Just had a very memorable and satisfying 2 rounds playing Smolensk Stalemate as the Soviets.

During the first round the Germans managed to infiltrate and capture the farm relatively quickly and we lost ground in the village soon after. But our resistance did stiffen and we held the ridge stubbornly to the very end. Around 2 minutes to the end of the round someone started calling for a bayonet charge at 1 minute before the end. Because we held the ridge comfortably, we started fixing our bayonets. Then at exactly 1 minute someone screamed "OUURRAAAA POBIEDA!!" into the public channel and the rest of the guys followed to the terror of the stunned Grmans. We sweeped through the village bashing and slicing through flesh, me and two other guys fought our way back to the farm unscathed seconds before the end of the round. Truly epic feeling to have survived such a ferocious charge.

Then during the second round the team setup a brilliant defence and we held the farm to the very end, fighting off halftracks, infantry assualts and snipers.

Red Orchestra still has it.

I played as Hurrr, hope some of you played that round. To the fallen, your sacrifice did not go in vain!

Sounds like one of those rounds you won't forget

Upvote 0
Embarassing moment

Embarassing moment

One time, I had just fired the last round of a clip with my bolt-action rifle, and was about to reload, when I found myself face-to-face with an enemy semi-auto rifleman. As I zigzagged backwards, he popped hip shots off at me. One, two, three, four ... five, six, seven, eight. Not a scratch.

I switched direction and started running toward him. I was going to gut him with my bayonet. I started pulling my rifle back, and was about to skewer him when he thumped me on the skull with his rifle butt. So, I had managed to dodge 8 shots from a semi-auto at nearly point-blank range ... only to die by its butt.

With a sheepish grin on my face, I said to my killer that that "was really embarrassing", to which he replied that I had been his first melee kill in two years. I told him that ... I was honored.

- TWB*JudgeParker

Upvote 0
A HILARIOUS moment this holiday weekend on Ogledow on the TaT 24/7 tanking server!

I was Russian, and I wanted to try something stupid, so I used the clown car the entire game and just bashed into German tanks and halftracks at full speed. Didn't stop the tanks, but while they look for me my side's tanks shot them.

So at one point, I am tailgating this StuG. He tries to turn into the town of Ogledow, but ends up running into a fence in a very narrow dead end. I Rear end him, and keep going full throttle forward, because I am try to stop him from backing up. There was no room for him to turn in that alley, so he could only back up. He was backing up at full throttle, and I was going forward at full throttle in my clown car, not giving up much ground. When he switched to gunner and stuck his head out to see wdf is going on, I switched to the mg on my clowncar and shot him :D

Again, using clowncars on Ogledow. I Broadside a German halftrack at full speed, and it turns on it's side. The guy gets out and tries to run away, and I run him over :)

AGAIN, using clowncars on Ogledow. I am zooming around the map, when I see this StuG on the flank of one of my side's IS-2's getting ready to shoot him. I type "(Player's name) LOOK OUT!!!!" And zoom in front of the StuG and stop my clowncar in front of his gun. He shoots me, and I die, but by that time the IS-2 realized what was going on and blew the StuG up. Hilarious. :cool:

Ogledow, using clowncar: Doing circles around a StuG, laughing as he frantically switches from gunner to driver and back again to try and kill me, only to be killed by one of my side's tanks.

Different story: On TaT 24/7 tank server: I'm driving a T-34/85 on Arad with a gunner. I say ok hold fire until I stop. I zip across the field and under the bridge and over the road and broadside a tiger. He fires a few rounds, and the Tiger is dead.

Then I managed to get literally 10 meters behind a Tiger on Arad in my T-34/85, and shot him about 5 times in the rear. It took 2 shots to get him to start smoking white smoke, then the 3rd shot made his engine catch fire, then the 4th and 5th had no obvious effect on him. One of my side's tanks then blew him up in one shot. TRULY a wdf moment!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I bought the game 4 days ago so I am still new to it and controls are very hard for me. Anyways in Ogledow, I am playing a German.. but I forgot what class I was but I had a binocular (I think tank commander), and I was walking on foot because I got out just before my tank blew up. While walking around I find myself infront of a Russian shooting at me and he misses many times, I am guessing he is new. So I start hip shooting and i of course miss every shot...

Not both of us are out of bullets, and i freak out and press any number buttons to take out any weapon and I pull out a binocular, he freaks and pulls out the dynomite shatchel and throws at me. We both look at the satchel and start running full speed towards the nearest sand bag.. SIDE BY SIDE with enemy.

We both dive behind the sandbags right before blowing up and we survive.. And we are just facing each other behind sandbags. Russian takes out his gun again and it goes "tic tic tic tic" and I am still panicking and pressing number buttons and pull out a grenade and throw it. The grenade lands RIGHT infront of our faces, so we freak and start moving away... but both of us being noobs, instead of getting up we are still prone, slowly crawling away looking at each other... then BOOM, kills both of us.

I couldn't play for next 10 min due to laughter. Because he typed "meet me at the same place, we have a score to settle NOOB"

Upvote 0
I get these fairly often, but my favorite moments involve Axis grenades at the beginning of Danzig. My most memorable was as a rifleman, rushing the West bridge, tossing a nade to the rear of it before I actually made it to the bridge. This one takes 4 of them out. The next nade goes downto the East end of the dock, the Russian side of the wall. 4 more die. I realize a rifle is not a good weapon to bring to the dock, and there are more coming from the boat, so a quick look around and I find a grenade from a fallen team mate. I grab it and get fired on from the Allied sniper building. The sniper building gets a nade through the window, netting 2 more kills. Out of nades, I just poke my head over the wall and take the next person off the boat. In all, I got 11 kills in the first 30 seconds or so. The rest either went east, or took their sweet time getting to the caps.

The boys at TaT can confirm :cool:

Upvote 0
I came back to play some RO for the first time in a few months on the new 60 player server. Funny how the first map I ever made, vidzeme came up and although it was painful to see how noob at mapping I used to be it was still fun playing. It was a crazy round though, the axis won it with the clock reading exactly 00:00.

I had never seen that in RO, I broke into a sweat though playing as russian in final minute when riens ran out. The final push was crazy, it's like the whole team of 30 came at once. It's cool moments like that that make me remember how good RO is despite it's age.

Upvote 0
My best RO moment was my ultimate 15 people deadnade teamkill on Spartakovka in the good old mod days. As a german I ran in front of the rest of my team to the alley between tractor factory and the repair shop and got shot, leaving my dead nade on the ground and seeing my whole team walk on it to get blown up :D
That one was a really weird death message :D :D :D

Upvote 0
I bought the game 4 days ago so I am still new to it and controls are very hard for me. Anyways in Ogledow, I am playing a German.. but I forgot what class I was but I had a binocular (I think tank commander), and I was walking on foot because I got out just before my tank blew up. While walking around I find myself infront of a Russian shooting at me and he misses many times, I am guessing he is new. So I start hip shooting and i of course miss every shot...

Not both of us are out of bullets, and i freak out and press any number buttons to take out any weapon and I pull out a binocular, he freaks and pulls out the dynomite shatchel and throws at me. We both look at the satchel and start running full speed towards the nearest sand bag.. SIDE BY SIDE with enemy.

We both dive behind the sandbags right before blowing up and we survive.. And we are just facing each other behind sandbags. Russian takes out his gun again and it goes "tic tic tic tic" and I am still panicking and pressing number buttons and pull out a grenade and throw it. The grenade lands RIGHT infront of our faces, so we freak and start moving away... but both of us being noobs, instead of getting up we are still prone, slowly crawling away looking at each other... then BOOM, kills both of us.

I couldn't play for next 10 min due to laughter. Because he typed "meet me at the same place, we have a score to settle NOOB"

Haha really nice :D

Upvote 0
my RO moment came on Stalingrad Kessel when as a Russian i fired from the warehouse in to a window on that building between the German spawn and the Railyard it seemed to have a barrel of a German gun sticking out of the wall below the window, i killed the German (who i couldn't see) with my trusty carbine Now i have a dream of making one of those "Wanted" shots where i bend the bullet around a corner or wall:D

Upvote 0