• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your favourite RO moment so far

My favorite moment would be in the Berezina map. I was a sapper (soviet side) and i had a sachel in my hand. Suddenly i saw a german tank rushing straight towards me (not shooting :confused:) so i paniced. Confufed and not knowing what to do i started running (sprint) from him to get to the nearest hole in the ground. As he was just seconds from crushing me from the back i reached the hole and proned. Right there my life flashed before my eyes :)D) i thaugh it was certain death but...He drove on top of me without even toching me.So as he drove by, confused why he didn't killed me, i took my sachel and planted on the back of his tank...few moments later i heard a big BOOOOM.

This is my favorite moment, the modern story of David vs Goliath.

Upvote 0
Gorlitz, the overall climate of large scale urban combat is just amazing, especially when your teammates are cooperative and tankers competent.
Gorlitz is a well made map, but way too big for the Germans to do any real defending (even on a 44 man server), I played it yesterday and we were just rushing through it, shooting german defenders at point blank range with our PPSHs and getting behind MG positions and taking them out just as they realised our un-tactical onslaught, I joined the German side eventually to make it fairer.

Upvote 0
Gorlitz is a well made map, but way too big for the Germans to do any real defending (even on a 44 man server), I played it yesterday and we were just rushing through it, shooting german defenders at point blank range with our PPSHs and getting behind MG positions and taking them out just as they realised our un-tactical onslaught, I joined the German side eventually to make it fairer.

That's not true, i played alot for the germans on gorlitz map and we won quite alot of matches also. It's all the matter of paralyzing the russian tanks with panzerfausts.If you will use them against infantry then you certainly loose, but if you use the smart then it is easy to stop the russian advance near the two bridgeheards.

Upvote 0
That's not true, i played alot for the germans on gorlitz map and we won quite alot of matches also. It's all the matter of paralyzing the russian tanks with panzerfausts.If you will use them against infantry then you certainly loose, but if you use the smart then it is easy to stop the russian advance near the two bridgeheards.
Well either way it was disasterous in terms of fun and immersion playing it last night. It was a public server as well.

Upvote 0
First time I launched RO BETA 1.0 on it's first release day back in late 2003 and was thrown into the dark gloomy atmosphere of RO-Kiev (one of the 5 maps that shipped with the first release). Even of the game had a lot of serious bugs back then and where lacking alot of things that are so essential (in a good or bad way) to RO (like: MGs, vehicles, leaning, resting, cooking of nades, bullet hit effects from enemy bullets, bullet whizzes, free aim and weapon sway to name a few) and the voice overs where clearly an english speaking person that tried to speak russian/german.

Back then even if the game was lacking in oh so many areas there still was this feeling that this is something different. This feeling is why I think this was my favourite RO moment.

But don't take me wrong because the RO we have today is hundereds (if not thousands) of times better than the RO I played for the first time back then in 2003. If I would go back today to RO 1.0 I would think it ****s bigtime because of all the features that are not there and all the bugs that most in this forum never have heard about or forgotten. :)

And look I'm still here even if I don't play as much as I did once (playing the same game for 3,5 years does that to you) :)

Kind of sad eh? :p

Upvote 0
footrace. Today.

What happened?

I was playing on the core training map and we were planning a footrace. What happened? Someone drove over most runners except one who got caught on top of the ba 64. The ba 64 carried him on till the bridge where he got pushed of the bridge.

It made me laugh more then ever before.

Upvote 0
Another cool moment: As a german assault class with a MP40, sitting down below the steep path the russians usually take to BR to gun down any that tried to go down. A russian sat on top of the hill on the small ledge to the right, i could just barely see his rifle. I took a shot. Hit his hand apparantly, and saw his rifle tumbeling down the hill landing in front of me. He tried to kill me with his nades that he was left with, but didn't hit anything. He crawled away out of sight... empty handed :\ Probably running around in panik on the courtyard waiting for someone to die overthere ^^

Upvote 0
Lazur:Last 6 minutes germans have %5 left,russians %20 while german(we) still holding office and railyard.After only 10 seconds of spamming retreat via both VOIP and chat,whole german team starts to fall back one by one to the basement for a final stand, leaving other cappoints.
I may not describe this in english but whole retreat sequence lasted for 2 minutes with only 1 being killed during process. As i was watching the back entrance of basement facility i saw all my teammates coming from that door one by one and each position himself in cover while the last guy closed the door, it felt so real...

P.S:German team won with %0 reinf,russians were down to %0 too by last minute.

Upvote 0
My favourite moment (out of the many great moments RO provides :)) was just 2 days ago... I was commanding a KV1 tank on Barashka, with someone driving for me (SimonC do you ever come on here ;)) and we saw a few of gerry tanks. I took on two and won, then engaged the third. I fired a round, the enemy fired at the same time and the two rounds BOUNCED OFF EACH OTHER :D, his round hitting his own hull (gutted!) and mine flying off up into the sky :D. Nearly fell of my chair, pissed myself:p.

(First post! wooo hoo!)
EDIT: oops, text too big sorry.

Upvote 0
Berezina...I was playing as a German soldier. We were captured the first line and I had killed a Russian sapper. I was managed to crawl in the field all the way to the 2nd line and sprinted to the left end of that line, where Russian tank was in hull down position. I blow the tank with the satchel, then shot 1 enemy from the first bunker, maybe 100 meters away. I ran to the trenches and was managed to shoot 4 enemies in the back :rolleyes: with my rifle as they were fireing my teamates in the farm, before I was killed. Only thing I regret is that I did't use my bayonet to stab them in the back...I was too noisy with my kar working behind them...:D. This Ramboing got my heart beating fast for real...

And it's allways joy to see a German falling down from the tower in Odessa, after he is shot by someone.

Upvote 0
Karabiner telling me to look out for enemy woodlice in the tank ditch on Berezina! (me complaining about the total lack of a view from the driver's seat:mad: ). Missed the the shells colliding on Bondarevo, as usual was chauffering Karabiner and couldn't see much of what was going on-sacrificed my view to save his ass:)

Upvote 0
Bail out when I b****y well tell you to bail out :D
The other day I played on the enemyatthegates map, and was a german rifleman. I don't know what happened to my sharpshooting skills that day, but i became a top class marksmen for 2 rounds of a map:eek: I shot at loads of enemys coming out of boats, and hit about 70% of the ones i aimed at, including a few actually on the boats. When the enemy got up on the beach, i kept picking them off, and went on a few rambo runs down the beach, nading, hipping an' all, once running 50m under fire from two ppsh's and a few riflmen to nade the two smgs and hip the riflemen:D by the end of the map i had 140 points. Played it again a few days ago as german rifleman and was really rubbish :eek: need to be more consistant :eek:.

Upvote 0
Basovka as a soviet, seeing a line of germans obliterated by friendly artillery... watching closer, i could see one german body getting held up high by the artillery :p it got thrown up by artillery without hitting the ground 5 times or something and then the body fell down in my trench :D no need to tell that it was messed up, really bad :D

later on, i was a strelok, i shot an MP40 from this spraying dude's hands, and apparently he had allready used his grenades so he ran for his life.
i chased him a long time through the trenches before i finally stabbed him with my bayonet, it was hilarious :p one time he stood still for one sec to turn around and see if i followed him, saw me and continued running when he saw me coming aroudn the corner in a bayonet charge :p

Upvote 0
Me in my IS-2 taking out armored vehicles.
Shot00011.jpg

Also after bailing out of my burning tank and charging the enemy tank to try and get out of it's barrel range and machine gun range.
But it's barrel depressed down to far and blew up the guy with me.
Shot00024.jpg

Also one of the German's bots was dancing on a Russian tank.
Shot00025.jpg

Upvote 0
Favorite moment: I was on Baskan with one of my friends, and we were just killing each other with the rifle bayo/butt over and over. I decided I was going to surprise him by doing a dolphin dive rifle butt to the head. Ran at him, dolphin dived and released a fully charged rifle butt attack...and my screen went white.

I hear over TS "WTF? You ran at me, dolphin dived and disappeared." Apparently random arty had hit right on me a millisecond before I killed him, completly obliterated me, but did not scratch him.

Second favorite moment was IC campaign 0 on Krasni when the Germans all waited a minute and attacked through one of the side entrances, and I was the only Russian smart enough to figure out what they were doing. I got a grenade off in their densly packed attack in the tight alleyway. Unfortunatly, it only got 2-3 kills (not near a record, even for me) but that grenade imo came very close to taking out half a team..which wouldn't have mattered cause we were losing bad.

Upvote 0
A few minutes ago, I played Pariserplatz (The Wild Bunch), and it was the best match EVER! I was german, and there were some great players (Praetorian, Gruppenfuhrer, Karabiner). We tried to create some teamwork, and despite some reinforcement-depleting newbies, we won 2-0(Defended long enough, with 0%). Hey, any of you guys who played here?

I was there for the first round and about 1/4 of the second round also playing as German with you guys.

Upvote 0