• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your brightness/gamma/contrast?

I spent a full hour playing around with the settings yesterday.
If you want to try it do what I did, start a solo map, then pause the game (pause key) and open the console.
You can adjust the brightness, gamma and contrast in real time without having to enter/exit the menu.

I belive the default settings were something like this:
brightness 0.9
gamma 0.9
contrast 0.8

Just change the values and see for yourself.

I've noticed that if you increase the Gamma and the Contrast a lot you get vibrant colors, which looks cool and sometimes really pretty but it will also ruin your eyes (mines at least).

After a while I decided to leave the gamma on 0.9 and simply play around with the contrast (brightness should be similar to the contrast for the best effect). Im getting a sort of grey-ish tone (sort of like the default settings) but at least my eyes dont bleed each time i turn around a corner and encounter a bright light.

I wish there was a separate command to adjust color saturation, that would make things look way better, but I believe this is a post processing effect not supported by the engine (citation needed).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You guys realize that the gamma/brightness/contrast level that you will see on the screen is entirely dependent on the monitor that you use and its settings. You can't just take the settings of someone else and hope to get good results unless you have the exact same hardware as the other person.

Just go for what looks best to you.

Upvote 0