• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

You asked about patches...

Status
Not open for further replies.
GonzoX said:
And here is a little tidbit that you may not know. The Nagant M1895 will shoot S&W 32 Long just fine.

No need to buy the super expensive and hard to find Nagant ammo.

Like many of you here, I collect and shoot WWII rifles and this is why stuff like this bothers me.

Let me explain: THIS IS THE ONLY FPS that even comes close to getting it right. All the other PFSs out there are wannabes that drum down firearm realism either out of their own ignorance or to appeas the Xbox crowd.

This is why this is such a big issue with me.

I agree on every thing you just wrote.

It is nice to see people on video game forums that are not just a bunch of 12
year-old kids. Thats why I stoped getting on video game forums.
But, I seen how much older and mature you guys are. So I joined up here.

My dad has a C&R (I can't get one for a couple of years, But i'm counting down the days.) We collect these guns and love to see how good or bad video games
screw them up. RO has not they are almost perfect, my only complaint is there is no m1895 in this game.
And, yes I knew you could shoot S&W 32 long in M1895.

Do any of you guys have a G43? I have only seen one, and it was not for sell.

Upvote 0
Chris45 said:
I agree on every thing you just wrote.

It is nice to see people on video game forums that are not just a bunch of 12
year-old kids. Thats why I stoped getting on video game forums.
But, I seen how much older and mature you guys are. So I joined up here.

My dad has a C&R (I can't get one for a couple of years, But i'm counting down the days.) We collect these guns and love to see how good or bad video games
screw them up. RO has not they are almost perfect, my only complaint is there is no m1895 in this game.
And, yes I knew you could shoot S&W 32 long in M1895.

Do any of you guys have a G43? I have only seen one, and it was not for sell.

I have access to a G43. My girl's dad has been collecting for many years. I think he picked it up for a few hundred many years ago. :) They sell for $2,000+ now and I don't plan on buying one anytime soon.

Upvote 0
Despite the riveting discussion on the weapons (really) :rolleyes: , I have a different question on the patch news.

The original news mentions optimizations - any news on server optimizations? I'm specifically interested in whether the latest UT patch was incorporated and how that affected CPU utilizations? Or whether multi-CPU capabilities have been increased to spread CPU load? Either way, thanks for the work and updates guys.

Upvote 0
Stangfriik said:
Remember guys, this is mainly a patch not a content update (even though there are 2 new weapons). As was previously stated, this is mainly to fix bugs and make optimizations.

Yes, especially since the MP41 isn't really a "new" weapon: anyone who played the mod has already seen it.

The MP41 was rather rare and appears to have been used predominantly in certain sectors of the front, such as with the Romanians, it was anything but a common sight.

M44 would be more likely to be encountered, but it is essentailly an M38 with a swing out bayonet. In game I doubt you will notice much difference besides the ability to stab.

With all that said, I am most excited that the tank issues have been addressed. However, I am still concerned to hear that satchels and arty rounds do "global" damage. Does this means explosives still take out hitpoints? A blast weapon would wash over the armor without doing any damage in real life. Personally, I think unless the satchel is thrown on the engine grating, under a track, or under a turret overhang, it shouldn't really do much of anything except make a big boom and throw dust everywhere. Same with arty.

I am appreciative the game is going to be presented as it should have been, but I will still withhold my accolades until we see everything in action.

Upvote 0
Jack said:
Re-read Ramm's quote.

If you're talking about this one...:
[RO]Ramm-Jaeger said:
The big tank fix for this patch so far is fixing the broken tank shell penetration system. It makes a huge difference in how the game plays, since it wasn't functioning properly in retail.

...then it doesn't say anything about not fixing the "global damage" issues. Fixing the tank shell penetration system might translate to reworking of the hit-points system.

I dunno... all this speculating stinks...

Upvote 0
Hi CaptnRanger,

He probably means this quote. It came from a Tripwire employee.

"Finally, regarding the damage system for the tanks, there are essentially two different types of damage and different factors for the different damage types. First there is explosive damage, which will occur from artillery, satchel charges, and HE shell explosions. There are no penetration calculations for explosive damage from high explosives, they just do a global amount of damage to the tank. "

The rest of the quote talked about the AT round penetration. Look on page 3 of this thread.

Upvote 0
TKP said:
Hi CaptnRanger,

He probably means this quote. It came from a Tripwire employee.

"Finally, regarding the damage system for the tanks, there are essentially two different types of damage and different factors for the different damage types. First there is explosive damage, which will occur from artillery, satchel charges, and HE shell explosions. There are no penetration calculations for explosive damage from high explosives, they just do a global amount of damage to the tank. "

The rest of the quote talked about the AT round penetration. Look on page 3 of this thread.
Ah, ok. Thanks TKP.

Hope this system gets re-assessed sometime in the future! It's never seemed right to me that explosive damage would be so effective against a heavy tank. Maybe it was toned down a bit in this patch... guess we'll have to wait and see!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
oh for cryin out loud, can we stop talking about pointless crap like what type of receiver there is gonna be on the new damned weapons, and instead ask real questions?
This is the third and final time i will ask the tripwire staff (who seem to ignore normal questions and instead answer silly questions), have the dev's fixed the problem with people clipping on objects?
This really makes the game annoying and it spoils what makes this game fun-the infantry combat.
I would really appreciate an answer on this, even if it is a negative one.:(

Upvote 0
shadowmoses said:
EA makes me vomit.
"im gunna feed into what EA does...Im a consumer whore"

OMG!
Thats what has been bothering me!

^^I love this guy...he knows his stuff.^^
Do you collect C&R rifles?
If so id like you to msg me some of your colelction.

LOL! :D

Well at least one person agrees with me. To see my collection follow my web page link in my sig. Not as big as some of these other guys but Im working on it.

My last purchases was an SVT40 but it's not feeding right with these afermarket magazines so I may sell it for $750.

Upvote 0
akd said:
I have access to a G43. My girl's dad has been collecting for many years. I think he picked it up for a few hundred many years ago. :) They sell for $2,000+ now and I don't plan on buying one anytime soon.

I saw two sniper versions here in Texas for $1500 at the last gunshow. I am kicking myself for not using my credit card to go in dept for a few months for it. :(

Next show won't be until September so I have time to save a little.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.