• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Spooky Tidings And One Last Chance

To be honest, community weapon votes don't really matter as long as the given options are mostly providing cosmetic value and-or too little functionality value.

Which is to say, TWI should probably expand the game's arsenal by prioritizing functionality, meaning we'll be seeking the next in-game weapon not by anyone's preference on any specific model name - but the actual purpose/viability/niche that the weapon may have.

Take Fire Axe as an example, how about make its axe head wrapped in barbwires so that it could cling onto a target to produce overtime effect, let it be DOT or whatnot? Team Fortress 2's got one like this that goes by the name Axtinguisher.

Taking the M32 as another example, instead of using typical 40mm grenade to be like a normal multi-shot grenade launcher, how about using armor piercing incendiary grenade to on emphasis direct-hits -- with lower explosion damage, smaller explosion radius, way less obstructive smoke, and little-to-none view shake, plus no minimum arming distance to cater said application? This way, M32 should also be more usable as well as likeable as it's no longer that much of an annoyance.

*Note: M32's direct-hit power should not be focused upon the impact damage as it may render certain perk skill too effective. Should apply additional explosive damage onto the target struck.

As for the FN FAL, my opinion would elect the semi-auto only British L1A1 with default iron sight, as a tier-2.5 or tier-3 weaponry for Sharpshooter and Commando.

Reactions: Aleflippy
Upvote 0
This vote's got me torn all over again. It doesn't seem fair to lump the Tommy in with the Fire axe and M32. The latter 2 have been in the vote since the beginning, and the M32 really deserves to see the light. Seriously, virtually everyone I ask in game wants and votes for the M32. Every time. HOW does it keep losing?! But Tommy's only been up for vote once before, and now this is it's last chance? Unless this is the last of the community KF1 return polls that you're planning on having, this doesn't make much sense. This just makes the MK.23's absence from the poll or even a mention somewhat foreboding. Unless they were the runner-up in the last vote, and you're making them anyways? (fingers crossed)

This choice hurts. M32 seems to get all the vocal love, but the votes have never been there. Seems like its the slacktivist candidate that's suddenly desperate for a win. But as a KF1 Tri-Tommy Commando, I cannot betray my heart or a 50 round drum. So if there can only be one more chance at either, I must vote for the Thompson. Torgue, forgive me.....

At least as a natural born Commando, I'm excited to see how the FN FAL livens things up, even though I didn't vote for it last time (was Tommy then too, 2nd time's the charm?). As I recall, KF1 had the FAL with a higher RoF and nastier recoil than the SCAR, so I wonder if we can expect such again. Made the FAL a pain to full auto much, but was a wunderkind in semi-. This raises the issue of possible crossperk expectations. Like many here are saying and thinking, the FAL would make a good crossperk for Sharpshooter too, but I don't see it happening. For one, damage on the FAL probably couldn't be much higher or different than the SCAR's 55 per shot, and higher RoF guarantees T4 status, maybe even T5. Meanwhile, SS already has the M14 EBR at T3 landing 80 damage per shot, so the damage difference would be kinda wierd. Secondly, and probably even more important, Crossperking this into SS would give them a full auto perk weapon, which is probably a huge no-no in design and balance.

Is it possible to do conditional Crossperk? Full perk weapon for Commando, and crossperk for SS when in Semi-auto only?

As for the gun itself, recall that in KF1, it was technically "FN FAL ACOG". Its current state seems to imply that the ACOG is gone. Considering that this is a Commando weapon first and foremost, any optics with a fixed magnification would be more of a hindrance than help, and discourage constant mobility. But iron sights I can do without. I've seen pics of FN FAL iron sights. They're "peep sights" - a really tiny sight hole that does not lend itself well to rapid target acquisition. The expected RoF and higher recoil would further make this a terrible choice. Fortunately, there's no shortage of sights that can attach to the FAL, despite its age. In following with the Commando trend, and taking influence from the SCAR itself, perhaps another red dot optic with a large, unobstructed field of vision.

Lastly, I expect the gun to simply be the old FN FAL itself. The L1A1 SLR is semi-auto only, and would be a strange fit for Commando. As I'd said before, I'd personally opt for the Sturmgewehr 58, the improved Austrian FAL that was their official rifle until the AUG came about. But I've no qualms about the plain old FAL, if that's what it is to be. By then, the weapon upgrade system should be entering or nearing Version 2, with a more appealing list of options.

Upvote 0
VGames83;n2322493 said:
The "A" version of the crawler is better. Got to show those teeth!

Scrake has got to be a psycho in a hockey mask like Jason Voorhees style but zombified.
Maybe have the Cysts dress up as actual human looking zombies.

Nice idea, but wouldn't it be more terrorific if they'd look like actual human beings, alive but in some but hypnotized. So they look like the PIP boy from fallout... No, now that I think about it, nah, let them be zombies for once LOL

Reactions: VGames83
Upvote 0
xmrmeow;n2322491 said:
Summerween already?

I hope the FN FAL fits a niche that isn't already filled in the game. I think it'd go nicely as a nice Sharpshooter / Commando dual perk weapon :)

fal and scar are the same thing...308 caliber..20rd mag..semi/full auto battle rifles...at least ballistically and functionally. in fact, m14, fal, scar are all the same in that respect. curious what the fal ia going to do that the scar doesnt

Upvote 0
Buzzkillinton;n2322583 said:
fal and scar are the same thing...308 caliber..20rd mag..semi/full auto battle rifles...at least ballistically and functionally. in fact, m14, fal, scar are all the same in that respect. curious what the fal ia going to do that the scar doesnt

Well the first Killing Floor did have all 3 of them.
But the M14 only had iron sights at the time.
The differences between the scar and Fal was, the Fal had a little higher rate of fire, was heavier and had a better scope.

Upvote 0
M32 is my vote, I see that as being the really interesting one. Six shots of 40mm (with M79's radius, instead of M203's neutered radius) could devastate small zed crowds enough to be a worthwhile alternate specialization to the RPG, which is great for bigs zeds, including explosion-resistance scrakes.

Tommy could be something decently new for SWAT, or it could be pretty samey with existing weapons, depending on some things.
--30rd or 50rd, same as UMP or P90, would be boring for a base magazine capacity, but 20rd or 100rd are also possible Tommy magazine base capacities that would be new and different for SWAT.
--600rpm of M1928 Thompson is the same as the KF2 UMP, but the M1919 Annihilator Thompson prototype had a crazy 1500rpm, which would be something special.
--Weight of Thompsons is a big part of them being horribly obsolete, they weigh almost double what any SMG already in KF2 does. Reflecting that heavy weight but balancing it with other benefits would be fun and interesting, while bringing it down to a usual weight would be easier to balance, but boring.
--Damage could be a little bit interesting by being SWAT's new highest per shot, beyond the UMP's 45dmg, and that could be balanced with the 20rd base mag. Alternatively, lower damage than the UMP, providing nothing special, would be fine, if it were for the sake of an awesome 100rd base mag.
--Being an SMG, we could expect it to be a SWAT weapon. But being a military classic and a KF1 commando weapon, it might fit as a crossperk for Commando, too, which would be a little interesting.

FAL is likely to be fairly samey with the SCAR, as it was in KF1, but there were some differences, and potentially could be some new ones.
FAL will likely weigh more again, fire faster again, and reload slower again.
It could have an unmagnified crosshair optic again like in KF1, or in KF2 it could have just irons, or a low magnification scope. Hopefully not a red dot, for difference from the SCAR.
They both fire 7.62x51mm rounds, but the SCAR has a shorty barrel, so a regular FAL could be expected to be more powerful, dealing more damage and/or penetrating zeds.
If the FAL isn't entirely regular, it could have a different magazine capacity. Among the variants, 30rd and 15rd mags had some historical use, and there are aftermarket 50rd drums now.
Crossperking is in KF2. For a FAL, especially if it has a good sight and modest magazine, I'd like to see Sharp get limited crossperking, with full passive and skill benefits when semi auto is selected, but most (especially damage benefits) disabled when it's on full auto, since full auto just doesn't fit sharp's specialties.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
NokiaSE;n2322556 said:
Taking the M32 as another example, instead of using typical 40mm grenade to be like a normal multi-shot grenade launcher, how about using armor piercing incendiary grenade to on emphasis direct-hits -- with lower explosion damage, smaller explosion radius
it's called seeker six lol

Upvote 0
I have plenty of ideas for the update that I would like to share, I feel like the Stalkers could be the ghosts of the bunch. It makes sense due to them having the ability to disappear and reappear.

The Gorefast could be a grim reaper, since the Gorefast only has one arm it would make sense to have the reapers hand hidden inside his robe or something. The blade they use could be the scythe.

The Bloat could be a large jack o'lantern with vines acting as the limbs. The vomit could be orange as well (I understand if that's not possible).

The Scrake obviously has to be the serial killer. Similar to Friday 13th Jason, but not exactly like it.

The Siren could be the werewolf. You're probably wondering how it makes any sense at all, most werewolf fiction seems to have them restrained before they turn. And since the Siren never really had any free moving arms I thought it would make sense. Not to mention the howl could replace the scream.

For the bosses I think Volter could be Frankenstein. They are both mad scientists so it matches.

That is it for zeds, if you're thinking of map ideas as well then I think a haunted mansion or castle complete with graveyard is a great setting. Thank you for reading this.

Reactions: Crisstation
Upvote 0
HunBonus;n2322644 said:
So only the Fire axe or the M32? I honestly can not see why not both? *Sigh* This game...

Why not all 3. I don't see the big deal with having weapons that are basically the same with different models and skins. Some people may want to use an old Tommy Gun while others may prefer the more modern day looking SMG. I think variety is always a good thing.

Reactions: Reclusiarch
Upvote 0
Tussell;n2322622 said:
Any word as to what the six hidden achievements on Steam are?

Odd number as of late... Map related achievements come to five per map and it couldn't be for perk prestiging, as there are over six perks.

The suspense is killing me!

HOPEFULLY, you remember in moonbase when we got the additional achievement for collecting all 16 weapon parts? Something like this needs to come into KF2 and I believe it might be this. Also where the hell are more achievements sorry to say TWI but you are being extremely lazy with adding achievements into this game and adding as little as possible. smh.

Upvote 0
D.A.R.;n2322649 said:
HOPEFULLY, you remember in moonbase when we got the additional achievement for collecting all 16 weapon parts? Something like this needs to come into KF2 and I believe it might be this. Also where the hell are more achievements sorry to say TWI but you are being extremely lazy with adding achievements into this game and adding as little as possible. smh.
I'd take anything outside of the norm in terms of achievements, haha. I knock everything out except the Hell on Earth achievements within like, an hour and a half of each content release. While I've still got a good amount to unlock, we could definitely use some variety.

Upvote 0
VGames83;n2322646 said:
Why not all 3. I don't see the big deal with having weapons that are basically the same with different models and skins. Some people may want to use an old Tommy Gun while others may prefer the more modern day looking SMG. I think variety is always a good thing.

Exactly. Since TWI keeps tweaking weapon stats all the time, I wouldn't imagine giving the new weapon a little more ammo or damage would be that much of a factor in development to make it different from all the other weapons. So if variety is good and possible, why not more of it? I know TWI has stated in the past that making weapons is hard, but it is the job, no?

Upvote 0
HunBonus;n2322657 said:
Exactly. Since TWI keeps tweaking weapon stats all the time, I wouldn't imagine giving the new weapon a little more ammo or damage would be that much of a factor in development to make it different from all the other weapons. So if variety is good and possible, why not more of it? I know TWI has stated in the past that making weapons is hard, but it is the job, no?

You said it. There's only so much you can do to make weapons very different from each other when you've got like 50+ weapons available. So stop trying and just start adding more variety in appearance and sound.

Reactions: Reclusiarch
Upvote 0
FN FAL i dont mind as long as its not a generic AK-47. now how will it be implimented? perhaps it might works as a 650 dosh version to the SCAR. i think the Commando should have an affordable L85A1 alternative. (personally i would of loved it was a medic crossperk with a medic dart launcher add on in KF1 style i suggested a while back)

Hmm, the last chance for the M32. got mixed feelings about this gun. on one hand its powerful but on the other, i can imagine it being very difficult to balance and it would be weird for a 40mm grenade fired from an m32 to do less damage then the same grenade fired from an m76. (which is what i assume will be the balancing method for the m32) and also i think the Demoltionist is plenty powerful already even after the Husk Cannon nerfs. with his trusty RPG-7 being able to oneshot a scrake to the head with an unarmed RPG with the need to aim and his C4's are like super grenades. though i guess it could be T5 and expensive as perk's ultimate weapon.

I think i might go for the Thompson and it better have the Chicago Typewriter style drum mag, see? and that wooden foregrip too, see? and she's quite a looker too, see?

Last edited:
Upvote 0