• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Going Berserk on Berserker

Glad to see the new skill of the Berserker.

Level 5 skills : So basically, the damage resistance from Bloat and Siren are not a passive anymore. Why not ? I would personnaly prefer to see an option for having damage resistance from the Husk instead of the Siren...

Level 10 : Nice. Even though without the exact number, it kinda is hard to know which one is better. I assume it's +50 for life (like a support). For the "regain health each time you make a kill" => does it only apply for Berserker weapon ?

Level 15 : Nice to see some blocking specialization.

Level 20 : Kinda the same as Level 15.

Level 25 : Yeaaaaah, it will be like being in fury in Dead Island. However, I don't really see the point to benefit from an additional speed in ZED TIME when we are already moving in REAL Time.

So, overall, I'm really happy with the change. Even though, we do not have all the stats and passive skill yet.

I'm glad they decided to have the choice to either specialize in parrying or being a striker.

The only thing I think lack is that we do not have an option to do double damage when backstabing.

Hopefully, for the passive skill, we will have :
- Backstabing,
- Can not be grabbed by clots,
- 20% damage resistance.
- +1% speed by level (with all weapon and not only Berserker weapon)

Hopefully :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is it possible to marry a whole company? I heard they had that stuff in Japan or something.
:emofdr:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's tough to say how I initially feel about this. First off the Passive's arent out and not everything has a numerical value so there's that.

Lv 5 - Anything even not having level 5 skills was better than the current skills.

Lv 10 - Drain at level 10, the balance of this depends on how much hp. 10 is a little too much imo as right now it's +10 hp per ZT activation and I feel that's very generous. If the value is enough to make Medic's obsolete on a halfway decent Zerker then it's too broken. I would say it should even out to about 15 hp per group kill so somewhere between 2-4 hp a kill. I also imagine this is limited to Zerker weapons only.

Max hp should be utilized by those that still feel less confident without a nearby medic.

*Lost - Fake out, but I believe this is going passive IIRC?

Lv 15 - Increased attacking speed + more damaging alts or IAS + More Stun/Stumble/Knockdown power? I could use a bit more clarification on the first skill.

Large boost after blocking is that the same for blocking and parry or does it only apply for blocking?

*Lost - Formidable. Is there going to be a 25% or more passive DR from all sources? I certainly hope so.

Lv 20 - This tier is pretty much the same as above except in reverse. So you're basically getting both a damage boost (or is just more stun/stumble/knockdown) and increased attack speed for both parry and non-parry. If I were any sane person I'd go with the non-parry tree unless the related values are majorly different. I.E. To take down a scrake 7 Pulv alts (down from 10) for taking the non-parry tree vs 4 taking the parry tree.

Lv 25 - I like the idea of the knockdown but it hasn't been implemented yet so I have yet to make even an educated guess. (During knockdown unable to be interrupted? etc...)

As I only used the current Lv 25 for the +10 hp, these are ones I'll look forward to testing out.

Upvote 0
The level 5 skill seems a bit silly to make someone choose between siren or bloat resistance when you're going to be dealing with both of them.

Its not as if you are going to see one or the other and ignore it based upon your resistance. Both enemies attacks are pretty tough to avoid when you are in melee range.

I guess its nice to have some extra level of resistance.

It would make more sense to me to offer a Zerker a choice between Scrake/Fleshpound slash resistance or Siren/Bloat/Husk resistance. This would allow someone to tailor their playstyle to focus more on the big zeds or trash.

Hopefully the Eviscerator is being looked at as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As I read this WWAUT this is what came to mind.

Onward into the heart of the battle
Fought the sons of Odin
Outnumbered many times
Still - they fought on
Blood poured forth from their wounds
Deep into the earth
Vultures waited for the broken shells
That once were bodies
But Odin alone would choose the day
They would enter Valhalla
And in their hour of need
He sent forth unto them The Berserker Rage
Now gods of men
They rose up from the ground
Screaming like wild animals
Such is the gift of absolute power
No blade or weapon could harm them
They killed men and horses alike
And all who stood before them died that day
Hail Gods Of War

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Updated the first post.

Now if you could release the current % values that would be great, jk. Good work, with some of the mentioned skills and the melee bash mechanics I already have some new ZED extermination methods in mind.

It would make more sense to me to offer a Zerker a choice between Scrake/Fleshpound slash resistance or Siren/Bloat/Husk resistance. This would allow someone to tailor their playstyle to focus more on the big zeds or trash.

Parry vs unable to parry. The ones unable to parry require more resistances. I think it's a good decision. You have to decide on which ones you have an easier time with and pick the resistance against the other. I can see adding a Husk in there somewhere, but scrakes/FP resistances aren't required. They teleport less frequently and have methods to completely disable them, even if you miss or screw up you can recover fairly quickly whereas with bloats or sirens you're going to take a massive hit if you engage them but don't instakill them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Even though last week it was around 27-28, this week's chart states last week it was close to 50. Is that a mistake or is there more to these charts than I'm seeing?

Generally, the charts are made thursday night, for the friday post. Last week, engineer 4 had a pile of bugs hit on friday, still within the week. Luckily, he made a lot of progress.

Again, we load balance between devs and find new bugs daily. For instance, already EnvArt1 has his red bar down below last week's level. Change is the only constant.

Upvote 0