• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Jack said:
@ Heinz: I for one was advocating realistic tank setups long before release. I suggested giving less of the "uber" tanks, and realistic handicaps. For example, if it were my decision, the Russians would have T-34/76 M43s, with only a couple T-34/85, and 1-2 JS2 on something like Arad, while the Germans would have 1 Tiger, 2 Panthers, and the rest Panzer IV G/H.

I know a lot of people would say players wouldn't go for that...but it would force realistic tactics. The Russians couldn't sit back and knock out the Panther or Tiger with the M43, so they would need to use their speed and maneuvarbilty to advantage to ouflank. You could even let the Russian team spawn with a couple more tanks. The Germans likewise would have a Tiger, but only one, so if they didn't it use it correctly they would easily lose the map.

yeah, I hear you man. Perhaps the custom mappers will sort things out. I know a new custom tank map just came out called "Orel". Can't wait to try it this weekend. perhaps it's what we have been waiting for.

Hope so! :)

Upvote 0
MoFo said:
Sure doesn't. Most things facing it do. I even had it bounce a tiger shot yesterday but that seems more like a fluke than the norm.

I played the game with the patch for the first time a couple nights ago (of course I had to be out West on vacation when they released the patch!). One of the first maps I played was Ogledow (?). Using a PzIVF2, hit an SU76 4 times in the front at medium range (map-wise) without killing it. It caught fire on the 5th hit but he was able to get away, out of my field of fire.

Before that, I got 2 hits on an SU76 at very close range that barely caused it to smoke. He greased me in my PzIVF2 with 1 shot :confused:

Either I'm delusional or there's something broken with the SU76 in the game now after the patch. I really don't want to play a map with that invincible piece of crap on it now :D

Upvote 0
derspiess said:
I played the game with the patch for the first time a couple nights ago (of course I had to be out West on vacation when they released the patch!). One of the first maps I played was Ogledow (?). Using a PzIVF2, hit an SU76 4 times in the front at medium range (map-wise) without killing it. It caught fire on the 5th hit but he was able to get away, out of my field of fire.

Before that, I got 2 hits on an SU76 at very close range that barely caused it to smoke. He greased me in my PzIVF2 with 1 shot :confused:

Either I'm delusional or there's something broken with the SU76 in the game now after the patch. I really don't want to play a map with that invincible piece of crap on it now :D

the SU76 is TOTALLY farked up, there's no doubt about it. that tin can should light up like Michael Jackson's hair in that Pepsi commercial some years ago, when hit by almost anything. but, it does not.

no idea what's wrong, but it's as strong as much heavier tanks in the game. bad, bad, bad.

Upvote 0