• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

World Cup 2006

World Cup 2006

• Total voters
/linuX/gitano said:
Btw, did anybody watched the Ivory Coast - Serbian/ Montenegro match?
I'm very happy with the IC that they finally wona match...too bad they had such a killer-group to survive... i hope during the next worldcup in South-Africa there will be some African teams going really far...

greetz,
gitano
Actually Ivory Coast deserved to win the second match, but the ref helped the Dutch.

Upvote 0
Hrhr,

Bauer said:
:eek:

Tell me more, I need some songs to chant on Saturday.

Well that one above is just a variation of this very popular battle-chant.
Its kinda popular here in different circumstances; whenever there is a final in football, a big event or whatever happening in Berlin its usually "Berlin, Berlin, wir fahren nach Berlin!" :D

Upvote 0
Despite my anti-american point of view, i was rooting for US. They showed that they finally can play soccer, and play it well. That penalty was a complete bull***** as well as the whole judging by that referee. And the chances are this guy is going to judge the final game inWorld Cup. I would hate to see that. :(
Cheer up, yankees, you showed a good game. Well done.

Upvote 0
Yeah good luck for Ghana against Brazil. As if the United States had a chance to begin with. But I am still in shock of how well we played against Italy and how poorly against Ghana. We couldn't complete a pass or cross to save our lives. Not only that but our two captains both had their thumbs up their asses the entire game.

Poor Keller, no way he could have stopped the two goals considering how good of a player the man is. He is probably going to retire without a single win in the World Cup, its a shame. :(

Upvote 0
/linuX/gitano said:
Hrhr,

Well that one above is just a variation of this very popular battle-chant.
Its kinda popular here in different circumstances; whenever there is a final in football, a big event or whatever happening in Berlin its usually "Berlin, Berlin, wir fahren nach Berlin!" :D

Well, it was kinda funny to hear the german fans singing this variation during the England - Sweden match :D.

greetz,
gitano

Vielen Dank, Gitano, ich werde das den Samstag Morgen singen... Meine Nachbarn werden mich hassen, weil das Spiel um 6:00 Uhr Morgen ist, wo ich wohne... Aber das ist mir egal!

Deutschland wieder Weltmeister!

Upvote 0
Not to mention that first free kick which wasn't there, and the BLATANTLY OBVIOUS HANDBALL in the box the Croations got away with, or the penalty that wasn't given in the opening minutes when Viduka was basically wrestled to the ground in the box. The Croation defenders pretty much held Viduka by the shirt or arm all night and bloody well got away with it. I don't watch a lot of soccer guys but is referreeing always this lop sided and inconsistent?

In any case, what do the nay sayers have to say now about the Aussie team? I know what I'm gonna say!

WE'RE THROUGH!!!
GO AUSSIES!!!

:D

Upvote 0
Yo,

Bauer said:
Vielen Dank, Gitano, ich werde das den Samstag Morgen singen... Meine Nachbarn werden mich hassen, weil das Spiel um 6:00 Uhr Morgen ist, wo ich wohne... Aber das ist mir egal!

Deutschland wieder Weltmeister!
Hrhr, np. Have fun with your neighbors on saturday :D.

Gawd... what a fight Croatia vs. Australia.... i was screaming loud when the aussies scored the 2:2 :D.
The last 10 mins i had about 7 heart attacks... what a fight what a fight...

GG aussies!

greetz,
gitano

Upvote 0
brasil19.jpg

We are getting there! Just wait and see! :D

:cool:

Upvote 0
WTF? 3 yellow cards for 1 player?
I think, the editor of that match translation wasn't right, when he showed that little red card in the corner of the screen. There were only 2 yellow cards for that Croat, see for yourself. http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/match/stats.html?id=44&year=2006&month=6&day=&day And i like that referee - at least he gave players room to fight it out a little bit and didn't blow his whistle every second as that german did in USA vs Ghana. It was a good play.

Upvote 0