• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will we be able to burn foliage with the Flamethrower?

It would be really great! But there are so many other things that need to be achieved first especially gameplay wise.

It doesn't look like environmental destruction is top priority for AMG and TWI and burnable foliage is just one specific part of it. Destruction by explosions is more important and I think it will be made at first when destruction will be a thing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It was something I did look at again, but more for the napalm than the flamethrower. The biggest issue is that to have that sort of persistent "damage" there needs to be so much extra network replication to ensure that everyone sees the same thing (i.e. to make sure that one player doesn't think they're inside thick foliage while someone else sees them inside the burned out husk of a tree) and the netcode on poor UE3 just isn't designed for that sort of thing.

If I could come up with a low impact way to do it then I absolutely would, but there's just so much else to do first that I don't think it's likely. But hey, just wait until you see what other goodies we do have!

Upvote 0
Yeah like currently in RO2. You think your hiding behind a giant portrait of Stalin that you knocked off the wall but you still get instantly shot in the face by the guy who walked into a room and saw some idiot crouching in a corner next to a giant portrait of Stalin hanging on the wall.

Though those are dynamic objects that are only there client side, not to to the server or other clients.

Upvote 0