• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Will there be any red orchestra 2 new content

I think many people cared.

The answer to implementing stuff from IOM is already a no lol. You can safely assume that. It's a mod that changes the already existing gameplay as well as adding more fantasy weapons that the gane doesn't need.

Fantasy weapons? The PPD-40 was the main stay Soviet SMG until mid 1941. The DT was used due to shortages of DP28's. Molotov cocktails are certainly nice.

IOM is also currently working on how to get the mappers to decide which weapons are on their maps, which finally allows for authentic battles. No MG42 on maps set in 1941. No PPS42, no G41, no Mkb42 either.

Upvote 0
Wouldn't that be pretty easy though?

Create a copy of all the RoleInfo classes, make arrays for each weapon slot, make the arrays modifiable in MapInfo.
Boom, done.

Already made all this for Rising Storm. I have 1941-1945 roles with correct weapon unlock setup and done. I've tested it too. Did this a few months ago actually, then forgot about it.

Upvote 0
The problem with those MODS, is they are on the unranked server list, and no matter how much you advertise, you will never get a solid player base on an unranked server. Occasionally you might fill it up, but every time I have checked both the Heroes of the West, and the IOM servers, they are empty. The only way to fix it, is to get rid of the ranked/unranked definitions. At this point, the only people playing know exactly what server they are joining, and the whole purpose behind ranked and unranked is obsolete.

When will we see any TWI content? The last official news is from 2014, and that sucks.

Upvote 0
Think about it for a second. I assume you've read the forums and are somewhat up to date on where things stand and how TWI works.

Yes, it could be in the next patch, but it won't be. Why?

IOM is unfinished.

IOM is not popular, hardly anyone plays it. Sad, but true.

IOM changes the gameplay.

This is important since TWI designed RO2 to play as it does. It's not an accident, it's not the way it is because they don't have the skills to make it different or "better". They could have made this game like IOM if they wanted, they could have made it more like a sim too, but they didn't. They wanted and needed to make an accessible fps they could sell, and sell to a lot of people. Hell, for all I know, the devs would rather play IOM than vanilla, but it wouldn't change a thing.

So, the best case scenario is that TWI will help out the IOM team in overcoming coding obstacles and as currently, they allow the mod to run on Ranked servers allowing it to stand or fall as a mod. If IOM v1.15 swept across the servers with 90% of them running it, there'd be a good chance you'd see it in a patch. Unlikely to happen though, considering the current community.

Really, think a bit before you post.

Last edited:
Upvote 0