• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will there be an open beta? _ Frustrating for us vets watching.

Lemonater47;n2287071 said:
You do have to remember what the beta is for. It's for testing and feedback. Feedback from various people not just vets.

Yes but it just feels like people who have bought all the other games and been here since day 1 should of got first dibs.. we stook with the game we know the devs and the series who better to give feedback?

Upvote 0
oOPara73Oo;n2287163 said:
Yes but it just feels like people who have bought all the other games and been here since day 1 should of got first dibs.. we stook with the game we know the devs and the series who better to give feedback?

Well technically a lot of them did get first dibs. In alpha.

To be 100% fair, who the hell are you? What I'm trying to get at is the dev's don't know everyone because not everyone gets involved in the community. There isn't really a way to track who all the vets are.

The developers invited about 30 people into the alpha. Those 30 people invited their freinds, those friends invited their freinds and so on. About 400 people were invited that way. 90% of them had hundreds of not thousands of hours.

A beta is for testing. Not for giving people a chance to play the game for free.

Upvote 0
People are just saying that they are frustrated. That is like saying that I am hungry. So it is a bit silly to say "hey, stop being hungry". Frustration is a natural thing and some parts of the communication are not exactly helping. It is obviously frustrating, to constantly receive emails about beta waves and all the stuff going, while being left out. It is the equivalent of "kind of" inviting somebody to a party, but telling the person to go home when he is at the door.

While the main purpose for the beta is testing, you also cant deny that it is also used for marketing/promotions. Otherwise people would not get several keys for visiting certain events, or doing other forms of "marketing" on Youtube etc.

Upvote 0
RS2 is the beginning of TWI's move to mainstream, does not matter what kinda company it is now, or the 'gamer' that runs the show..... all and I mean all gaming companies/developers will fall to the mainstream.
Who ever thought BI would jump so quickly, since dayz and truck loads of money they have become a completely different company from the ofp/armed assault/arma2 devs.

Its the way it is, unless someone can point out a 10+ year old developer that hasn't...

Upvote 0
There is a huge difference really if you get involved in community and if you just own all the games. And and whats the point of your mainstream message i76? The completely random system, which is sending out keys? TWI/AMG are not in a mainstream whatsoever, they stated that they want lots of feedback from different kind of people. If game would be tested by vets only, it would be too biased, so right now its just better than you think it is.

Upvote 0
i76;n2287308 said:
RS2 is the beginning of TWI's move to mainstream, does not matter what kinda company it is now, or the 'gamer' that runs the show..... all and I mean all gaming companies/developers will fall to the mainstream.
Who ever thought BI would jump so quickly, since dayz and truck loads of money they have become a completely different company from the ofp/armed assault/arma2 devs.

Its the way it is, unless someone can point out a 10+ year old developer that hasn't...

Sorry but I consider myself a "veteran" of ArmA and I have no clue what you are talking about in regards of Bohemia Interactive.

Upvote 0
i76;n2287308 said:

Developers from BI are doing it the bad way all the time, no difference. Even though I spent lot of time in Arma 2(very lot, non Steam) and then Arma 3... If they didn´t have so much money from mainstream the game would be bad for all the time... so we are lucky it is now quite good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
VashCZ;n2287358 said:
Guys, now 3 servers of 64 players are full in Europe. I think there are also guys who never owned RO or so. No betatesters, just regular gamers and haters. So I think if you sign to beta you will be chosen soon.

Not how it works. At this point there's less than a 1% chance to get a key, unless they open the flood gates for the next wave.

Upvote 0
Beskar Mando;n2287409 said:
Not how it works. At this point there's less than a 1% chance to get a key, unless they open the flood gates for the next wave.

You are right. While I was waiting for something - I used my second email to remind how to get acces.

There is no skill level you can claim. Only your email and name. That is a bit shame to pass veterans that could think about improvements as it is based on the same engine.
I like RO2 and think it is great game... but in hours played I would be taken as Arma player(even though I didn t play it for whole year now wow :-o). I did not touch RO1.

btw. How do you know about 1% chance?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
NorthDumpling;n2287340 said:
There is a huge difference really if you get involved in community and if you just own all the games. And and whats the point of your mainstream message i76? The completely random system, which is sending out keys? TWI/AMG are not in a mainstream whatsoever, they stated that they want lots of feedback from different kind of people. If game would be tested by vets only, it would be too biased, so right now its just better than you think it is.

The point of my message was to illustrate that TWI don't need vets/oldies feedback, as to make money you need to deliver to the mainstream and money/profit is any companies soul purpose and with all the good gamer intentions they have they will slide that way and maybe RS2 is the start.

Upvote 0
Your point of view on this, lets say, problem, is too much different. If you would be a real vet and would be participating in community life, you would get in an alpha, and so there are lots if veterans actually testing the game since that alpha version, so would you kindly stop saying TWI is going for mainstream, as it not true at all.

Upvote 0