• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why isn't anyone buying this game???

Rohrmoser said:
Its a shame to see so little players on such a good game! I like Steam but right now I think I have to many viruses, spyware to put in my credit card. Damm pop up called movi pass that I cant get rid of has given me 3 Trojans

Oh, I dunno. I just left our full server, and met some nice new folks as well. I DL'd the game...but still couldnt pass up buying a copy at Best buy anywho, heheh.

Upvote 0
Rohrmoser said:
Its a shame to see so little players on such a good game! I like Steam but right now I think I have to many viruses, spyware to put in my credit card. Damm pop up called movi pass that I cant get rid of has given me 3 Trojans

Oh boy...There are so many beautiful free programs out there - Spybot S&D and Ad-Aware against spyware, free antiviruses - AVG and Avast!, free firewalls (Kerio)...Why are you doing this to your computer...

Upvote 0
Phoenix-D said:
Which is quite probably illegal, since its imposing additional terms after the product was paid for and without the possibility of return.

My copy of Fallout, for example, states that you may not sell or transfer the CDs. Good luck getting THAT to stand up in court; I don't think anything that makes birthday/Christmas/whatever gifts and garrage sales illegal is going to go over well. :p

It's been a while since I examined specific caselaw surrounding click-to-proceed (a.k.a. "clickwrap") agreements, but at the very least, shrink-wrap licenses ARE enforceable. My recollection is that -- for the most part -- so are clickwrap licenses.

Anyway, as for why people aren't buying the game in larger numbers, part of it is the distribution mechanism, but another part are the reviews and the focus of the game. Realism gaming is still kind of a "niche". Arcadey games like BF2 are more the mainstream.

By the same token, cars with automatic transmissions are the mainstream of car sales, but some people do still prefer to drive manual transmissions.

I love RO. Guess what kind of car I like to drive? :)

Upvote 0
Droog said:
On Creative cards (how many gamers have it? 50%?) VOIP only works with Sound set to Software 3D. EAX or no EAX, VOIP is stuttering on Hardware setting.

If anybody knows a workaround please let me know. AFAIK it's an old bug in Unreal engine that was patched later on. But Tripwire used the early version to build RO:OST.

I have used HW + EAX with my Audigy 2 and now with my X-fi with little problems during the initial testing of the VOIP system in RO:CA and RO:OST. I will experience people breaking up every once in a while but everyone else hears it also (which lends to the idea that it was that particular person causing the stuttering)

Upvote 0
I know this is bad but i like it how it is. It is a nice small community like the mod. I remember the first day of the release there were 100 people on the forums. I didnt like it. People were pushing and shoveing. they were so rude. the traffic was horribel too, there was trash everywhere. I just love this mature communty (too bad I am a smartass lil kid right?).

Upvote 0
well i am actually trying to decide to buy this game or not, due to the fact that i am a realism lover. (yeah i hate bf2 with a passion). i just wanted to know from the players what level of realism does this game have. is it a 1 hit kill style game or is it 5 bullets kill like an arcare. are the weapons accurate to the iron sights or is there good ol cone fire?

these are just a few qustions i wanted to ask before buying the game

Upvote 0
Colt .45 killer said:
well i am actually trying to decide to buy this game or not, due to the fact that i am a realism lover. (yeah i hate bf2 with a passion). i just wanted to know from the players what level of realism does this game have. is it a 1 hit kill style game or is it 5 bullets kill like an arcare. are the weapons accurate to the iron sights or is there good ol cone fire?

these are just a few qustions i wanted to ask before buying the game

90% of the time, 1 shot, 1 kill. Of that remaining 10%, about 7% of the time you wound the person enough that they are staggered (movement slows to a crawl) and you can quickly finish them of with minimal effort. The remaining 3% goes to things like being at a very long range with a small calibre weapon, or hitting the arms/legs, and they're still out of action with minimal effort. Only in *very* rare circumstances will you take more than 2 bullets and live, and that usually comes from being sprayed at long range by an SMG. Machine guns are scary, rifles with a clear line of sight are more scary, and SMGs in your face give you a good reason to do the 'Oh **** oh ****!' mouse-wiggle move :)

If you have any doubts though, wait for the demo. I'd hazard the guess that you'll like it :)

Upvote 0
Droog said:
On Creative cards (how many gamers have it? 50%?) VOIP only works with Sound set to Software 3D. EAX or no EAX, VOIP is stuttering on Hardware setting.

If anybody knows a workaround please let me know. AFAIK it's an old bug in Unreal engine that was patched later on. But Tripwire used the early version to build RO:OST.

The same exact VOIP issues that exist in RO with EAX also exist in UT2004 even now. We are currently working with Creative Labs to try and sort out the issue and will hopefully have a fix soon.

Upvote 0