• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why does Hans spawn Zeds?

elitistprick

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 3, 2015
Since Hans never runs away to heal like the Patriarch does, it seems sort of pointless to have them serve any distraction at all. Especially if the whole group is more concerned about being shredded to pieces by his guns or melted by his grenades.

Hans himself doesn't share any connection with the zeds either (or at least his lines reflect this). He just experiments on them. It doesn't seem like a valid reason to have them show up without him screaming for help.

Obviously removing Zed spawns from the Hans fight wouldn't fix him in any way but I was curious about other opinions on this.

Yeah...its kind of unneccesarry...they dont pose any real threat either...in KF1 they are distraction since patriarch goes invis and as said runs to heal

Hans on the other hand...

I mean they were no real threat in KF1...but hey they had a purpose...in KF2 though...

I d rather the returning patriarch (or matriarch) have zed spawns, but Hans not

Upvote 0
From what I can see, the zeds that spawn when he heals are meant to keep you focused on your surroundings. If you don't watch out for them they bog you down and allow him to catch up.

While they provide no real threat themselves since they don't spawn in huge numbers, they can tie you up for a couple seconds, which is all hans needs to catch up and show you what your intestines look like.

In KF1 they served as screening units so that you couldn't just chase patty down while he was running away. In KF2 I think they are meant to make it more difficult to avoid hans, especially if you arent paying attention.

Upvote 0
He is already nigh unavoidable so why make it even more stupidly pointless to try and run away from him ?

Sorry, have to disagree with you there. He is fairly easy to avoid if you know what to do. I play with 2 other people and the only time we get caught by him is when we trigger his heal and someone intentionally gets caught.

Each map has good spots to kite him around in, hallways and tight corridors are your friend when fighting him. but even out in the open he isnt hard to keep away from.

The biggest thing is to keep your health up and make sure you don't get bogged down by the zeds he summons.

The zeds pop up right as he starts to heal, so if you are not careful you won't be able to get away from him when he launches his counterattack after healing, (which is usually fairly aggressive). This killed us more than anything early on. Now we know to watch for them when retreating to another room.

Upvote 0
Sorry, have to disagree with you there. He is fairly easy to avoid if you know what to do. I play with 2 other people and the only time we get caught by him is when we trigger his heal and someone intentionally gets caught.

Each map has good spots to kite him around in, hallways and tight corridors are your friend when fighting him. but even out in the open he isnt hard to keep away from.

The biggest thing is to keep your health up and make sure you don't get bogged down by the zeds he summons.

The zeds pop up right as he starts to heal, so if you are not careful you won't be able to get away from him when he launches his counterattack after healing, (which is usually fairly aggressive). This killed us more than anything early on. Now we know to watch for them when retreating to another room.

I agree that he is easy to avoid, but disagree with the method. When you get down to it you are manipulating the encounter by abusing the AI pathing. If Hans had accurate AI pathing the encounter would change. I actually hope they do fix the AI pathing.

Upvote 0
u are wrong. in HOE with multiple players he can call sirens too.
with out zeds, Hans will be much more easy to kill.

Top-Kek, someone believes he only calls Bloats on HoE.

He can call in Sirens and Husks too and I confirm this. As long as he has not healed up, it seems Zeds keep spawning. Pretty annoying that people still run away from him not wanting to get "grabbed". A sneaky Siren is deadly, same goes for Husk. Especially a teleporting Siren is funny when you are trying to solo him.

Upvote 0