• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why do YOU play RO?

Why do YOU play RO?

• I play to kill people, I'm not so bothered about winning

Votes: 23 12.4%
  • I play to win the round, I'm not so bothered about killing

Votes: 86 46.5%
  • I play because I like the tanks/vehicles

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I play to learn tactics/learn the maps for clan games

Votes: 14 7.6%
  • Other (please post in the thread)

Votes: 51 27.6%

• Total voters
Other. The concept and execution of RO's objective style of play is superior to most other games. Also, for the most part the players seem to be a little bit more mature in public servers. Hopefully that won't change as RO gets more mainstream. This old goat can't take too many more games with the likes of some of the clientele in CoD.

Dedicated teamwork from both sides makes for some extremely intense rounds.

Having fun with friends in battle. Making new friends with committed teamwork.......etc. etc.

Floyd

Upvote 0
Like reading a book on this war, playing this game gives some glimpses into what it was like - although this game, as well as books, can never really capture the horror of fighting on the Eastern Front or any combat for that matter.

But, the game does provide some insights and this is why I like to play.

From playing this game with its focus on realism, I realize that I never would have survived the war . You read accounts of those who survived this war and you always think that you would have been one who could have survived. But this game humbles you and makes you realize that in all likelyhood you would have become one of those who never made it back.

To survive, you do have to employ proper tactics, techniques, and procedures, and must work as a team, but you also must have an strong amount of luck. No matter how you do everything right, you can always find yourself in the wrong place, looking the wrong way and at the wrong time, and you are dead.

I believe also from this game that there are far more casualties in conflict from friendly fire than is generally thought to occur.

I also enjoy games like this because it gives some thought to how in the future we might have humans operating and controlling infantry bots through a keyboard to conduct close combat. Robots are a long way from having artificial intelligence to operate effectively on a battlefield by themselves - look at bots in this game. But a human using a keyboard remotely controlling a human like bot as you do in this game controlling a human type entity, offers potential on future battlefields.

So the wife has college classes tonight, and I anxiously await end of work to go home and join the fighting :)

Upvote 0
I play for the immersion, and teamplay (when possible), and to me that means winning the map (or die trying), and thats what i do, i go for the capzones, or stay clouse trying to prevent the enemy killing the guys caping the zone.

Killing is a natural part of that, if you can kill enough of them, they will run out of reinforcements and lose, and any enemy you kill is an enemy not killing your guys.

But i dont mind getting killed or losing the round, that just adds to the immersion for me.

Upvote 0
I play because of the realism and for the pure fun of it. Also I play with alot of the members of wolfgameing.net and enjoy joining the teamspeak channel and talking with them. It makes the gameing seem like a lan party to me.

The amount of teamwork it takes to suceed in RO is one of its finer points. The voip works well and really must be used for a sucessfull team.
Im going to be around this game for a long time and try to pitch it to fellow gamers when i get the chance. We are starting to develop a pretty good following in our community and adding more converts every week. See you guys ingame

http://wolfgaming.net/vB/cmps_index.php

Upvote 0