• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why did the game switch to censored????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Notice all the swastikas on the Uniforms have been crudely removed too! In all versions, it's particularily bad on the tunic because instead of just a blurry whiteness in the middle or a vague x if you really must avoid tiny historically accurate swastikas its a green flat unshaded circle.

That has been done on purpose as they said there wont be any in any version from the beginning

Upvote 0
They were in the beta, it's not that i mind them being replaced with something, a little slightly blurry X like i said would be better than a stupid green circle which is very obvious.

Agree with the x but as I asked about why there are some when they announced there wont be any I got the anser that it will be locked into and might be a leftover from alpha or so so guess they just forgot bout it

Upvote 0
I don't know why games do this. It's like their afraid to admit the Nazi party ever existed. So ludicrous.

Sadly symbols are adopted by extremists who then use them to cause great offence to others. Take England's St. Georges Flag, for example, which in the UK has become to some a symbol of hate as it used to promote the killing of dragons.

Upvote 0
Sadly symbols are adopted by extremists who then use them to cause great offence to others. Take England's St. Georges Flag, for example, which in the UK has become to some a symbol of hate as it used to promote the killing of dragons.
So the majority suffer due to the actions of a few? Screw that.

Burying our heads in the sand and pretending the Nazis never existed is juvenile. I dont blame TWI for their actions, but im disappointed society just wont let things be.

Upvote 0
So not only did Germany burn Europe twice, but now the rest of the video gaming world is subject to their stupid censorship laws simply because devs don't want to have to do something twice. Textures aren't that difficult...one set of textures for the free-world and one set of textures for Germany. Make the German version of the game Green Nation vs. Tan Nation like in Army Men series on N64.

How many video games can Germans possibly buy compared to the rest of us anyway? Why should the 99% percent be beholden to the laws of the 1% who happen to live in a nanny-state?

Reactions: barakas and Nimble
Upvote 0
So not only did Germany burn Europe twice, but now the rest of the video gaming world is subject to their stupid censorship laws simply because devs don't want to have to do something twice. Textures aren't that difficult...one set of textures for the free-world and one set of textures for Germany. Make the German version of the game Green Nation vs. Tan Nation like in Army Men series on N64.

How many video games can Germans possibly buy compared to the rest of us anyway? Why should the 99% percent be beholden to the laws of the 1% who happen to live in a nanny-state?
Germany is a much more open and free society than the USA today. And on german TV no one goes bat**** when Janet Jackson flashes a nipple. And why is everyone obsessing over that swastika?

And just to explain why swastikas in games are not cool:
Playing as a Wehrmacht soldier is perfectly fine, as these were just like most people in this world, dragged into a war. But playing under the "SS" or Swastika banner is something different. As these symbols stand for a very specific ideology that involves a barbaric combination of eugenics, nationalism and antisemitism.
So, while the German Wehrmacht and Soviet Communist Party both commited crimes without the extra need for a specific ideology, their symbols do not specifically represent mass murder.

And to go in a bit simpler detail:
If you play as a German player it would translate to this: "I am part of the Wehrmacht and I am supposed to shoot russian uniformed soldiers because they are the enemy."
If you would play under an SS or Swastika banner it would translate to this: "ARF! GERMANY OVER EVERYTHING! REST OF WORLD IS INFERIOR"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Because nothing says Nazi like a swastika. And a lot of people want to shoot some nazis. Or....something else involving Nazis.

Either way, redundant thread is redundant, cause there ain't no Nazis in Stalingrad. Just Axis. (Even though there's a snake contorted to kind of look like a swastika in one of the art pieces for the Russian SP campaign. But whatever. Minor issue.)

Reactions: Prof
Upvote 0
Can we get an answer Tripwire? Can we ...

I just want to know if this status quo in terms of censorship will stay permanently ... and by the way ... why another thread concerning this topic was just, without any prior warning, erased!!! (board hint)

Actually, this topic has been answered numerous times already. It's just that you guys keep making new threads instead of reading old ones.

Upvote 0
Germany is a much more open and free society than the USA today. And on german TV no one goes bat**** when Janet Jackson flashes a nipple. And why is everyone obsessing over that swastika?

And just to explain why swastikas in games are not cool:
Playing as a Wehrmacht soldier is perfectly fine, as these were just like most people in this world, dragged into a war. But playing under the "SS" or Swastika banner is something different. As these symbols stand for a very specific ideology that involves a barbaric combination of eugenics, nationalism and antisemitism.
So, while the German Wehrmacht and Soviet Communist Party both commited crimes without the extra need for a specific ideology, their symbols do not specifically represent mass murder.

And to go in a bit simpler detail:
If you play as a German player it would translate to this: "I am part of the Wehrmacht and I am supposed to shoot russian uniformed soldiers because they are the enemy."
If you would play under an SS or Swastika banner it would translate to this: "ARF! GERMANY OVER EVERYTHING! REST OF WORLD IS INFERIOR"

We have both the hammer and sickle and the red star in the game, both symbols of a regime that murdered millions, do I cry about it and tell them to censor them so I can be a russian who not wear commie-symbols? No, I don't. It's a part of history just like the swastika is and this game is based on history so it's just retarded to remove the swastika while at the same time show loads of gore and violence in our faces, this is not a game for kiddies, if it was, neither gore nor political symbols should be present.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.