• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Why can't Red orchestra be more like brothers in arms

Bunny monster

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 10, 2014
I recently played brothers in arms and I wonder, why can't red orchestra barrow some ideeas from that game, like destructible environment with the MG, or to make shooting through walls more realistic, at the moment it is pretty dull. It would be interesting though, to see a mechanic where players, lets say deffend a certain position and are in patrol mode and then they are ambushed, but they do not know from where, whenever you atack it is a different direction.

I am asking the modders, will IOM incorporate these ideeas? I would love to see ideeas from other good ww2 games incorporated in Red orchestra mods.

I played Fear 2, multiplayer, there there was a very intelligent class sorting system, I wonder why can't it be added to IOM or Ro 2? Or the inventory system from Men of war or Stalker, to add more customisation to soldiers and weapons. I would love to see the possibility to make improvised explosive devices when you run out of grenades, also it would be nice to make custom deffences like in men of war. I know I posted that and it sounded terrible, but just think of the potential.

I recently played brothers in arms and I wonder, why can't red orchestra barrow some ideeas from that game, like destructible environment with the MG, or to make shooting through walls more realistic, at the moment it is pretty dull. It would be interesting though, to see a mechanic where players, lets say deffend a certain position and are in patrol mode and then they are ambushed, but they do not know from where, whenever you atack it is a different direction.

I am asking the modders, will IOM incorporate these ideeas? I would love to see ideeas from other good ww2 games incorporated in Red orchestra mods.

I played Fear 2, multiplayer, there there was a very intelligent class sorting system, I wonder why can't it be added to IOM or Ro 2? Or the inventory system from Men of war or Stalker, to add more customisation to soldiers and weapons. I would love to see the possibility to make improvised explosive devices when you run out of grenades, also it would be nice to make custom deffences like in men of war. I know I posted that and it sounded terrible, but just think of the potential.
Please look into how Unreal 3 works before suggesting stuff like this. Some of it cannot be implemented and anyone would realize it could if they bothered to look into UE3. Your "defenses" idea is interesting it wasn't terrible but not good either, that's not the point on all the criticism on it, but rather UE3 makes this next to impossible, not to mention really really time consuming.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

You behave as if all you need to do is push a button and it's implemented, why?

Upvote 0
Well, by realistic wall shooting, I was thinking to be more like Brothers in arms, to see how bullets destroy the wall and also kill the person, in Red Orchestra isn't so spectacular. But what I would love to see in Red Orchestra would be the inventory system, I would love to see it maked like the one in stalker or men of war.

Upvote 0
Well, by realistic wall shooting, I was thinking to be more like Brothers in arms, to see how bullets destroy the wall and also kill the person, in Red Orchestra isn't so spectacular. But what I would love to see in Red Orchestra would be the inventory system, I would love to see it maked like the one in stalker or men of war.

Yeah, for example: At the start of every round, your character would be naked and you could dress him up. yeah yeah, why not ?. You could choose different boots and stuff, EVEN SOCKS. The inventory would be like in arma or DayZ, click and drag style yes why not ?. Then you could decide that do you play in 1st person or like in RTS why not this cant be implemented ???!. I would also want to see bullet time and when you get a headshot, the the bullet camera is a MUST!. Can this be implemented ?. I just cant see any reason that TWI would not do dis. Its just so easy and quick to do.
Also, a gorilla warfare style of gameplay could be great in rising sturm, implement a new gamemode, why not yeah?.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
what about minecraft-style tungsten core design simulator in the beginning of every round, for german side. So you can design your own tungsten core bullets or shells by putting lots of little tungsten blocks into your bullet\shell, the way how you designed your tunsgten core will define how good it will be, the ballistics, damage and penetration. If you make the asymetrical tungsten core, bullet will fly with curved trajectory so you can shoot enemy tank behind the wall.
This will make very good balance, considering the german bias

Upvote 0