• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Where's the players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyper

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 25, 2011
Sweden
My firewall or something else is either blocking a lot of servers or - there is simply not more players. Where is everyone? There is basically one full, dedicated server, and that's about it. In meantime, there is still at least a quite good amount playing OST and DH. This is quite worrying. Its been a long time since release and I expected a little bit more since GOTY version. What can possibly be done about this? Can we do something? How will Rising Storm affect the players? Is there any updates that are required?

You tell me..

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/3976/rogame2012070300203842.png

Regarding Action Mode it does not look much better. Since so much effort was put into making the game more accessible and CoDish.

Last edited:
Reactions: 501stAirborne
My firewall or something else is either blocking a lot of servers or - there is simply not more players. Where is everyone? There is basically one full, dedicated server, and that's about it. In meantime, there is still at least a quite good amount playing OST and DH. This is quite worrying. Its been a long time since release and I expected a little bit more since GOTY version. What can possibly be done about this? Can we do something? How will Rising Storm affect the players? Is there any updates that are required?

You tell me..

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/3976/rogame2012070300203842.png

Regarding Action Mode it does not look much better. Since so much effort was put into making the game more accessible and CoDish.

The server browser in game is bad. I don't know why it is bad...but it just is.

Use the Steam server browser. Its better for RO2, but still, can get annoying sometimes.

Frankly, I do not know why a basic UI element such as the in game server browser hasn't been fixed yet, but, I guess, no one cares.

Upvote 0
LOL! this post is hilarious. you know darn well where the players are. they're in realism servers.

edit... i'm sorry. this isn't as funny as i first thought. i know you like "classic" and must be bummed, that only 10% of the players online, feel the same way. it doesn't help, that the "classic" servers also have to run bots, just to keep things going. the bots out-number the humans two to one in "classic". hopefully when the new larger maps come out, (with apc's) they will make "classic" play better and people who don't like the way it plays now, (like me) will find it more fun. i'm worried that larger maps and longer engagement distances will just make the problem (the stuff i don't like about classic) worse though. i've been convinced that all the game needed in the first place, was larger maps, to make everything feel right. other than maybe ogledow, we haven't had the chance to test that theory out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
.... edit... i'm sorry. this isn't as funny as i first thought. i know you like "classic" and must be bummed, that only 10% of the players online, feel the same way. it doesn't help, that the "classic" servers also have to run bots, just to keep things going. the bots out-number the humans two to one in "classic". hopefully when the new larger maps come out, (with apc's) they will make "classic" play better and people who don't like the way it plays now, (like me) will find it more fun. i'm worried that larger maps and longer engagement distances will just make the problem (the stuff i don't like about classic) worse though. i've been convinced that all the game needed in the first place, was larger maps, to make everything feel right. other than maybe ogledow, we haven't had the chance to test that theory out.

This is also the problem Classic suffers from.... while the reduced stamina and speed is similar to RO1, that stamina and speed is a killer to the gameplay on larger maps like Pavlov's House, Com's House, Fallen Fighters, etc. where many places have little cover from point A to point B. Transports would be wonderful to RO2 in general and would give the game a completely different feel in tactics..... but Classic needs transports the most.

In RO1, most maps that had no transports weren't all that big, had plenty of cover and you could move around decently compared to the available stamina and speed..... or the maps were expansive, but you had transports.

Without the transports in the game, the issues I've always had with RO1 with stamina and speed are so apparent that many in these forums are coming out and complaining about it in Classic mode (and thus, ending up not playing it often much like how I didn't play RO1 often)

Upvote 0
This is also the problem Classic suffers from.... while the reduced stamina and speed is similar to RO1, that stamina and speed is a killer to the gameplay on larger maps like Pavlov's House, Com's House, Fallen Fighters, etc. where many places have little cover from point A to point B. Transports would be wonderful to RO2 in general and would give the game a completely different feel in tactics..... but Classic needs transports the most.

Agree without transports classic doesn't live up to its full potential.In Ost the slow run speed forced teams to use transports if they wanted to be effective.Many of these big maps can have APC's added since most are tank maps as well not to mention some large new ones :).Smaller maps like Barracks and Apartments plays fine in classic since the distances is so short fatigue rarely comes into play.

What will be interesting is how transports will play out in realism.Since the player can run as fast as an APC. I'm afraid they will be rarely used in realism maybe sometimes for protection but not transportation.Time will tell but I am sure that transports will greatly improve classics game play.

I loved maps like Smolensk Stalemate where proper use of the transports was vital in achieving victory.This brought even more to the combined arms game play.Also it made a tactical game even more tactically challenging.On some maps in Ost I hated seeing a dude drive off in an empty APC making a whole squad walk a mile to the front lines.Or having to destroy our own empty APC's at the front so they would respawn back at the spawn.

Upvote 0
Realism is crap. Running speed is too fast. I prefer playing Classic Mode. Realism doesnt feel like a Red Orchestra, its too fast paced too much run and gun.

Same for me! It was realy hard to find a good 30-40 player classic server in the last week. So i had to play realismmode. And the running speed is to fast for my taste. Especially on these little CQB standard maps. And what i don

Reactions: TrOOper
Upvote 0
Realism is crap. Running speed is too fast. I prefer playing Classic Mode. Realism doesnt feel like a Red Orchestra, its too fast paced too much run and gun.

You and the others who do not care for realism.... fine, play Classic. Enough with the negativity.

Stop knocking what others DO like. We are all here to support TWI and RO2 in one way or another. Not to hammer each other's likes and dislikes.

Its time everyone acted their age.... (I hope) :eek:

Back on topic...... we are averaging a little over a thousand players per day. Sure, it needs to be higher but just think, a month or so ago, it was less than half what we have now. Slowly but surely... we'll get there from here.

If only people played more and posted less.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My firewall or something else is either blocking a lot of servers or - there is simply not more players. Where is everyone?
Where they want to be, but there are w few things that needs to be answered as well:

- More people play later in day rather than ealier and that might affect number of people online. Be sure to check your time zone as it might tell what time it is.

- Classic servers seem to fill up in the later hours.

- Realism has more players and servers than Classic all the time.

- Something is wrong with your in-game browser or you have some filters up, because I checked it out and I see way more Classic servers online.

Upvote 0
What will be interesting is how transports will play out in realism.Since the player can run as fast as an APC.

Haha, yes I feel the same way. It's like they all got their dosage of amphetamines and will outrun any 1940's APC.
Playing Classic for some weeks and then going back to realism is a shock on how fast everything is.

Not my cup of tea but for those who like it let them have and enjoy it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I didnt even have to read the OP to know what it said when i saw Cyper.

You and the others who do not care for realism.... fine, play Classic. Enough with the negativity.

Stop knocking what others DO like. We are all here to support TWI and RO2 in one way or another. Not to hammer each other's likes and dislikes.

Its time everyone acted their age.... (I hope) :eek:

Back on topic...... we are averaging a little over a thousand players per day. Sure, it needs to be higher but just think, a month or so ago, it was less than half what we have now. Slowly but surely... we'll get there from here.

If only people played more and posted less.

This.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.