• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Where the players gone ?

171-0824140914-Pulp-Fiction-I-am-winston-wolf,-I-solve-problems.jpg

Upvote 0
In my opinion, they are gone due to..

1. One of the most buggy releases i ever seen.
2. One of the most un-optimized releases i ever seen.
2. Trying to appease Arcade and Realism player bases at the same time.
3. People waiting for bugs to be fixed until they play the game.
4. BF3 beta (duh)
5. RO1 veterans realising this is not their cup of tea.
6. Arcade gamers realising this is not their cup of tea.
etc etc etc.. theres alot of issues.

I hate to draw parallel to Battlefield 3 and DICE, however their story is decently similar to TWI. Started as a small independent company (actually their office was their university dorm room in the 90s) and found success in Battlefield 1942 and following expansions and sequals. They realised they found a selling concept and stuck with it, they improved it and re-vamped it.. but they stuck with the basic concept even to this date which they ow most of their succes too.

TWI wanted to start fresh and make a game more appealing to the majority of the gamers, in the process totally throwing what made RO1 a great game out the window. I was suprised today in (some new FPS) beta that is arcade and that i actually felt SLOW while sprinting after playing RO2, i actually felt INACCURATE while firing certain weapons etc. which made me realise a thing or two.

Red Orchestra 2 is not a selling concept, its a over-hyped product in every way and the majority of either RO1 vets (like myself) or the arcade gamer just won't like or stick with the game for very long. I have total faith in modders to make the game that this game could have been. However, not much will change in retail version since it is a released product.

Just my honest opinion, Skjold

Upvote 0
Where the players gone ?

1) I just started Ro2
2) I browsed server for "Hardcore Realism"

3) Ok .... there is just 12 servers alive in the whole world and they come with HUGE PING (wtf , no more hardcore realism server in europe, only one remain, and it's relaxed realism) ...

So it's a 140 ping or nothing ? :confused:

290920112028.jpg

4) I tried without "hardcore realism" , i apply .... 15 servers alive (i mean 32/32 or 64/64).
Omg ... Omg ... Omg ... Omg ... Omg ... Omg ... Omg ...

I just remember some days ago, when there was a lot of server , full of 64/64.

Now, Forget about new players incoming, they already left ... we are now alone facing the bugs. :mad:

This girl is saying : TWI i hate you now !

19831__exorcist_l.jpg

Everyone is playing BF3 BETA.

lol sorry i had to stir it sorry chaps lets hope we get the servers up againto 64vs64 realism.

Upvote 0
2Cents from all around gamer.
To start of i would like to say that i enjoy RO2 pretty much, even with the bugs until the realease of BF3 was quite easy to find a server ( i live in ASIA) and have fun.
I own all BF series and CoD series as well. If you check my Steam aco**** you gonna see that im a DICE loyal consumer the gameplay and good mods like PR and organized huge battle like batalha pelo mundo sites and other similars makes it a good value game.
When i decided to buy RO2 I read all foruns related to game, i read about all bugs and complains i watched videos from the gameplay and decided to buy to support TW studio and RO comunity.
My first impression was WOW this game is really something awesome that deserves its place on the PCs of FPS players . But them i start to check the foruns for bug fix or news and observe the procedure from it user base, all them bragging themselves of being "true fps players" and a lot more BS. That started to annoy me. I think with myself, on which kind of isolation people are living that cant admit or see whats is wrong with the RO2. I respect TW and any other studio, and im wanting for bug fixes hoping that more players comeback to play and make my 39.99USD worth it.
But right now is unquestinable that the since 29 Open Beta BF 3 realease the player database dropped from arround 5000 players to 2500 or less. right now that are 897 players online according to ingame browser.

Second some people here keep demeaning fellow users who bought the game and are not happy with it. Telling than to go away and play CoD or BF or CS. You might consider that they bought a product just like you did, and if they dont like they have the right to complain. If you dont like people complaining just dont open or ignore those threads, its just stupid to create a bad vibe on the community that needs players to support TWI efforts.
SKJOLD89 summons all my thoughs apart from being a RO veteran and being upset .

TWI staff clearly know whats wrong and are working on it, and sure there heads are quite busy, and worried with the outcome of RO2 so far.

@Raquel voce

Reactions: [Splat]= Zocko
Upvote 0
Im not hating on battlefield, in fact i used to love battlefield, just not this full price reskinned bc2 that could very well be a BC2 mod

if you think they wont charge for map packs, well, dunno why people insist in lying to themselves, the only reason why bf3 wont get modtools is so they can sell dlcs and a new battlefield game next year, just like they did with bc2, believe what you want, i'll be here to say i told you so when the time comes :rolleyes:

No, the licenses of many assets of the Engine are exclusive to dice. If they release the free mod SDk, they would have to pay millions on many licenses.

Upvote 0
RO2 has kind of left a bitter taste in my mouth for the Red Orchestra Series. I tried the BF3 beta and its alright. I know you vets out there are really looking for something to tide you over. I've been thinking about firing up some Ace Mod for Arma 2. Its the closest thing that scratches my realism itch.

So you will probably find me here :cool: Task Force 86 - Night skirmish - YouTube

I LOVE ace mod!

Where are you located? you want to play sometime?

Upvote 0
In my opinion, they are gone due to..

1. One of the most buggy releases i ever seen.
2. One of the most un-optimized releases i ever seen.
2. Trying to appease Arcade and Realism player bases at the same time.
3. People waiting for bugs to be fixed until they play the game.
4. BF3 beta (duh)
5. RO1 veterans realising this is not their cup of tea.
6. Arcade gamers realising this is not their cup of tea.
etc etc etc.. theres alot of issues.

I hate to draw parallel to Battlefield 3 and DICE, however their story is decently similar to TWI. Started as a small independent company (actually their office was their university dorm room in the 90s) and found success in Battlefield 1942 and following expansions and sequals. They realised they found a selling concept and stuck with it, they improved it and re-vamped it.. but they stuck with the basic concept even to this date which they ow most of their succes too.

TWI wanted to start fresh and make a game more appealing to the majority of the gamers, in the process totally throwing what made RO1 a great game out the window. I was suprised today in (some new FPS) beta that is arcade and that i actually felt SLOW while sprinting after playing RO2, i actually felt INACCURATE while firing certain weapons etc. which made me realise a thing or two.

Red Orchestra 2 is not a selling concept, its a over-hyped product in every way and the majority of either RO1 vets (like myself) or the arcade gamer just won't like or stick with the game for very long. I have total faith in modders to make the game that this game could have been. However, not much will change in retail version since it is a released product.

Just my honest opinion, Skjold
It's good that its just your opinion, because had it been the truth I'd be really worried. And as for DICE keeping the same direction, how do you call moving over to consoles and removing prone and other features?

Upvote 0