• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Where is taunt players?

You mean "the system so I can spam one button and hear the same thing over and over again for my own amusement" is sorely lacking. Because in my book, taking away a 12 year old's ability to be obnoxious has been a giant leap forward for the game.

Did you play KF1? Really? They have a lot of quotes even if you keep spamming thanks, they were funny. And how is killing zeds over and over again for your own amusement not boring to you then?

They have taunt zeds, this is not "for our own amusement"?

Upvote 0
Because killing ZEDs != hearing "******S" every 30 seconds or so?

Gee, you're right, nobody does spam those do they? Hrmmmmm. I wonder why.....

Because the line is not funny, NONE of the lines in KF2 is funny, that's why nobody even use them, let alone spam them.

In KF1 not only taunt get use, people even spam "weld the door" and "thanks" because THEY WERE FUNNY, they dont just say thanks, they have a lot of ways to express thanks, and go up stairs, and requests dosh, and a lot more.

Upvote 0
And the award for Tinfoil Hat Lunacy goes too...

Someone removing something you like that might be objectional does not in fact mean they removed it for "Political Correctness". It could have been removed because they found that only a few people actually used it (and just to cut you off now, saying you or everyone you played with used it does not prove that everyone in fact used it, selection bias is a thing after all) and it was a waste of money to record lines only a small percentage of people would actually use. They could have removed it because it didn't fit the atmosphere they wanted for the game (rather than being just random survivors, we're now mercenaries going in to clear areas of zeds, and any competent team would leave the casual insults for after the mission).

being overly politically correct is a totally unheard of sick twisted conspiracy theory

Upvote 0
You mean "the system so I can spam one button and hear the same thing over and over again for my own amusement" is sorely lacking. Because in my book, taking away a 12 year old's ability to be obnoxious has been a giant leap forward for the game.

Do tell, good sir, where are the following taunts: "Sorry," "thank you," "get inside," "get outside," "get upstairs," "get downstairs," "let's hole up here," "run," and so on? Would you so ludicrously suggest that the current taunt system is superior - or, dare I say, adequate, even - because it removed one single function which you found unsavory? Are you so embittered that you would judge the exchange worthwhile? If so, then I have a bridge to sell you...

No, the taunt system as it stands now in KF2 is most definitely INFERIOR to KF1. Not only does it have far fewer taunts, but it also lacks several essential taunts, it excludes the interesting/fun taunts many people (excepting yourself, apparently) find enjoyable, and, its most grievous sin, it requires players to press "z" key by default which takes a finger away from the movement keys. This alone should have been fixed from KF1.

My one hope is the fact that this game is early access and that the devs have time yet to fix the issues before full release. You are free to be content with sub-optimal taunt system. I will call for a higher standard. If I wanted a boring, slap-dash taunt system, I would play Battlefield.

TL; DR: It's a game, son. Don't get your feelings hurt because you took some pub player's "Insult players" call out too seriously. We would only benefit from a better taunt system. Suggesting otherwise is foolishness. And fun taunts like "insult players" are part of that system.

Upvote 0
And the award for Tinfoil Hat Lunacy goes too...

Someone removing something you like that might be objectional does not in fact mean they removed it for "Political Correctness". It could have been removed because they found that only a few people actually used it (and just to cut you off now, saying you or everyone you played with used it does not prove that everyone in fact used it, selection bias is a thing after all) and it was a waste of money to record lines only a small percentage of people would actually use. They could have removed it because it didn't fit the atmosphere they wanted for the game (rather than being just random survivors, we're now mercenaries going in to clear areas of zeds, and any competent team would leave the casual insults for after the mission).

When there's absolutely no evidence?

Yes, absolutely.

From the KF2 EULA under bannable offenses-

"This includes, but is not limited to, 'griefing', racist bigotry, sexism or any other forms of 'cyber bullying' .....We will also not tolerate anyone hosting servers for the game where such behaviors are continually or repeatedly allowed to take place."

There is your evidence.

Although the devs later said they would only ban people under excruciating circumstances, the above statements show their stance on the matter in general. Its not hard to believe that is the real reason for removing the "Insult Players" feature considering the fact that TWI considers all the above bannable offenses. Like I said earlier, it may have been done simply to accommodate the limited radial menu. However considering the facts, political correctness and the SJW movement may as well be the legitimate causes.

Political correctness in gaming is a rising trend and if you choose to close your eyes and pretend its not happening, you are simply ignorant.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Political correctness in gaming is a rising trend and if you choose to close your eyes and pretend its not happening, you are simply ignorant.

It's only "Political Correctness" when there's not a real significant problem being addressed.

Or are you one of those people that believe the people that commit or attempt to commit suicide because of cyber bullying were just "thin skinned" and they should have just dealt with harassment? Because speaking as some who did "just deal" with real life bullying, I wouldn't wish that on anyone, even you; because almost a decade out of it, there are still lingering issues from how my situation resolved, even if it wasn't as physical as some I've spoken to on the subject.

Upvote 0
It's only "Political Correctness" when there's not a real significant problem being addressed.

Or are you one of those people that believe the people that commit or attempt to commit suicide because of cyber bullying were just "thin skinned" and they should have just dealt with harassment? Because speaking as some who did "just deal" with real life bullying, I wouldn't wish that on anyone, even you; because almost a decade out of it, there are still lingering issues from how my situation resolved, even if it wasn't as physical as some I've spoken to on the subject.

So using the in-game commando of "my granny shoots better than you" count as bullying... then would I get ban by telling those Lv0s in HOE to "stay out of our ****ing game"?

Upvote 0
With Tripwire's growing popularity, "Insult players" unfortunately became a victim of entering the mainstream's ESRB atmosphere of political correctness.

The question is: will you let it stop you from enjoying the fundamental gameplay? Was it the reason you played KF1? If so, would you make the claim KF2 has no merits of it's own that KF1 doesn't?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yes, Tripwire definitely addressed a very significant problem by removing the ability to say "Wayne Rooney is smarter than you!" and "Do try and keep up" in a game. Clearly, this is proper bullying and can cause significant, irrepairable damage to an individual's mental health.

Thank you Zeful for bringing this important issue to our attention!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can't tell who's being serious in this thread anymore, my sarcasm detector works horridly on these forums. All this talk of "political correctness" is, quite honestly, a load of dog testicles. It could be very well that TWI wanted to keep the voice commands positive, egging the player on in some way or something like that instead, rather than the tin-foil hat mentality some of you instantly grasp for.

It was a fun little thing in KF1 though, and anyone who didn't take it as a joke...well. Srs bssnss this is.

Upvote 0
On what planet is insulting players repeatedly like a twat a useful message. It's juvenile spam. That's all.

The juvenile nature of anything depends on perspective. Playing a video game where you're a DJ who kills zombies (zeds) can easily be considered pretty juvenile. Just like the "insult players" command, the game serves no real purpose except to have fun. KF isn't serious business.

As far as spam goes, yes it can definitely be seen that way. But if spamming commands is your goal, you can use the "Taunt ZEDs" or any other command just as effectively. In fact, I was recently in a game where one player kept spamming "Sorry" the whole wave.

Upvote 0