• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What's the point of crosshair in KF2?

Frost Spectre

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
What's the very point of the crosshair?

As far as I know, KF2 has almost a "needle point" weapon accuracy, weapons have no spread itself and recoil will kick the aim off with automatic weapons. Or they do have spread and combined with recoil affects alot, but only in automatic mode, 1 shot tapping always retains the point on center of the screen. (I haven't tried other perks, just mostly medic and weapons tied to the perk)

Another problem I found when trying crosshair: Aim down sights becomes less used at ranges where they would be used, between medium and long mostly, at extreme I would use the ADS.
Of course the increased zoom helps when trying to pick out targets, but most of the time I just aligned the crosshair on zed, verticals and horizontals to their head and pop it with excellent accuracy at much farther than I would without the crosshair.

It's way too easy to align the crosshair at longer ranges and it will almost guarantee the accurate hit where the vertical and horizontal "invisible" lines would intersect.

Only way I would see the crosshair to work, is that it would be a server side setting, not a player personal choice.
Or it will apply weapon spread algorithms, like in other FPS games with such crosshairs, that will increase and reduce spread according to the crosshair when ADS is not used.

Last edited:
You basically answered your own question in your post. The point of it is that you can easily, quickly, and accurately tell exactly where the center of your screen is without using ADS.

I prefer having to rely on my own sense (and occasional use of ADS) to get that orientation, but people have their preferences. If crosshairs weren't an option they might just put something in the center of their monitors.

Upvote 0
I think the crosshair helps people who gets nauseous from motion sickness and the like.

Personally, I use it because I play a different perk almost every game and sometimes even 2 or 3 perks within the same (depending on what the team needs most) so constantly adjusting to the different weapon's cues as to where the screen's center is becomes really tiresome.

There is little point in ADS given ZED's movement speed and spawning behaviour anyway.

Upvote 0
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't there a change in KF2 (compared to KF1) that made hip fire less accurate in comparison to ADS fire? In KF1 if you had a good idea where the centre of your screen was, there was no need for ADS whatsoever as the accuracy and dispersion were the same in both modes - and it was great. Now it doesn't seem to be that way... for some weird reason.

Upvote 0
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't there a change in KF2 (compared to KF1) that made hip fire less accurate in comparison to ADS fire? In KF1 if you had a good idea where the centre of your screen was, there was no need for ADS whatsoever as the accuracy and dispersion were the same in both modes - and it was great. Now it doesn't seem to be that way... for some weird reason.

Depending on weapon hip firing results in having 25, 50 or 75% more recoil than if it'd be ADS.

ADS also has twice less bullet spread although spread generally miserable and not changes for shotguns.

Upvote 0
I hate ADS with passion, so although i don't use crosshair and stick to classes that do not need to ADS i do like the fact that you can turn it on.

I never understood the need for narrowing your field of view and making quick turns impossible while slowing down movement, it's just about everything that is not fun in ego shooters for me. Good thing there's Demo, Zerker and Support.

Upvote 0