• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Whatever happened to civil criticism and discourse?

Floyd

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 19, 2006
Waterproof
www.ro50pc.net
Wow!

<rant>

I've been away from the series and forums a few years and I come back with the new launch and virtually every title and post contains entitled demands.
ie: "Fix this! It Sucks! You Suck for Even Thinking I Would Enjoy This! Why Did You Include This Game Killing Bug in the Final? Fire Someone!"

Is that sort of attitude and discourse supposed to win Tripwire (or whoever disagrees with you) over to your point of view? Is it to make them drop what they are doing and go fix that particular problem? Is this the 'new' way of social interaction? Is it a millennial thing? (I hear a lot about millennials but the only two I have much interaction with are my own kids.)

I'm all about professionalism and feel just as disappointed as the next guy when something doesn't work like it should or could have been done better. For the life of me, though, I can't see myself spouting off and throwing a hissy fit because I expected something better from someone (Oh, wait. Am I doing that now?). I somewhat expected to see the juvenile behavior in game (and on Steam), but am surprised by the vitriol that gets espoused here.

Clean it up! Now! or GO HOME!

</rant>

That was therapeutic. :cool:

Floyd;n2295486 said:
Wow!

<rant>

I've been away from the series and forums a few years and I come back with the new launch and virtually every title and post contains entitled demands.
ie: "Fix this! It Sucks! You Suck for Even Thinking I Would Enjoy This! Why Did You Include This Game Killing Bug in the Final? Fire Someone!"

Is that sort of attitude and discourse supposed to win Tripwire (or whoever disagrees with you) over to your point of view? Is it to make them drop what they are doing and go fix that particular problem? Is this the 'new' way of social interaction? Is it a millennial thing? (I hear a lot about millennials but the only two I have much interaction with are my own kids.)

I'm all about professionalism and feel just as disappointed as the next guy when something doesn't work like it should or could have been done better. For the life of me, though, I can't see myself spouting off and throwing a hissy fit because I expected something better from someone (Oh, wait. Am I doing that now?). I somewhat expected to see the juvenile behavior in game (and on Steam), but am surprised by the vitriol that gets espoused here.

Clean it up! Now! or GO HOME!

</rant>

That was therapeutic. :cool:

I believe some players are just upset at the final state of the game and there isn't a large community present nor any developers present (on the forums) to discuss it with. Unfortunately this place is a bit dead compared to the glory days of RO2.

P.S. A lot of ranting is going on the Steam forums as well.

Upvote 0
An unfortunate side-effect of self-entitlement in the world these days.

That's a pretty flippant remark from me, so take it with a pinch of salt. Instead I implore you to focus on what you enjoy in the game and become part of the community by actively contributing to the resolution of said "issues".

You'll also notice a massive increase in life satisfaction by appreciating what you DO have, rather than what you don't have.

#Positivity

Upvote 0
There are some developers that are way more talkative with the community than others, thus if you come from such places I can understand if the long periods of silence on the part of TWI & AMG can become quite unsettleling. I'm only subscribed to two other gaming forums beside this one, DCS & Naval Action, but the devs are very approachable and active on their forums. I sometimes miss the same from here, esp. regarding very important gameplay affecting issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: steve2142
Upvote 0
Keep in mind, that even if there isn't a dev response in a thread it doesn't mean we aren't reading and discussing feedback and working on issues internally. :) Today there are so many social media sites that we maintain including multiple forums for multiple games, Twitter, Facebook, Twitch, Instagram, Reddit, Discord, servers, games with our community you can find us on all of them.

Upvote 0
Yeah I was a bit put off by the lack of traffic on here. A few years ago you could spend hours reading through all of the activity on these forums. But as KittenMittens said, the community is much more spread out. I try to keep up with discord/reddit but with the game's release the traffic is overwhelming. I still prefer the forums as it allows you to read through posts rather than days and days of spam and mixed up conversations. I do hope the modding section of the forum grows as it was in RO2 as the resources and information available there is relevant even today. Random questions/Answers on discord get buried from anyone seeing them in the future.

Upvote 0
1) The regular gamer complain and then leave to jump on the next game. Therefore, they do not really care what the response is: if they don't like the game they say it out load and then turn their back and leave.

2) The community is more diverse than before. The game itself appeal to a wider variety of people. Which means that there is a lot wider variety of opinions.

Reactions: steve2142
Upvote 0