• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What went wrong with Appartments map after GOTY?

Russians lose when then don't stack on the wall and burn through too many tickets getting A&B (if they get them at all).

Other than that the map can go either way.

You have no idea how much it frustrates me watching people try and either charge over the bridges or get past the wall and try and cap there.

I often beg and plead on teamchat for them to just go to the wall, no further, and get an easy cap without dying, but I just get ignored.

Upvote 0
You have no idea how much it frustrates me watching people try and either charge over the bridges or get past the wall and try and cap there.

I often beg and plead on teamchat for them to just go to the wall, no further, and get an easy cap without dying, but I just get ignored.
Just stacking on the wall won't exactly win you the caps. I just use the mmb with my grenades and toss them over the wall slaughtering anyone behind it.

Upvote 0
because that's boring.

although i agree with the wall capping thing i gotta give the point to r5cya there. We are playing the game to experience battle, to kill or be killed not to just hide behind walls until a star symbol change colour.

Theres always a tension between just getting in the cap and getting at the enemy. I've played some incredibly boring games where we've capped like pros and wondered afterwards, what was the point of that?

Upvote 0
although i agree with the wall capping thing i gotta give the point to r5cya there. We are playing the game to experience battle, to kill or be killed not to just hide behind walls until a star symbol change colour.

Theres always a tension between just getting in the cap and getting at the enemy. I've played some incredibly boring games where we've capped like pros and wondered afterwards, what was the point of that?

Precisely - I agree.

Upvote 0
I agree like the others above me.

RE: capping from behind the wall.

It is perhaps a little boring, and I'd rather the map was designed in such a way that it was unnecessary, like Danzig. But in RO2 it's often very necessary due to strong german defense on the other side of the wall.

The only counter the germans have to the wall-stacking is to stack the other side and to try and short-throw grenades over, at the same time as the allies may be throwing their grenades too. I'd much rather we were fighting IN the capzones, among the cover and smoke. - However, the map is designed in such a way that I suspect the wall capping trick will always be necessary to help the allies, and I don't think that can be changed very easily.

That aside though, I think the map is balanced. It's just another map that requires experience and so appears broken to free-weekenders who don't know the ins-and-outs.

Upvote 0
The placement of Sandbags around the Heavy MG's (The one second floor, building behind D, and the one covering B from the right) has made it, very, very hard to take them out. Most, if not all of the grenades people try to throw into the one next to A bounce back and team-kill. Meanwhile, the MG mows down the troops that used to flank from B, into A to clear the buildings and other side of the wall. You can't get in through the stairs behind the blighter, 'cause there's usually another MG or an SMG guy covering his ass!

The MG covering D is now harder to take out from the front (flanking, I know, would solve it, but it's not easily done in some cases) as the sandbags block shots through the wall, and, unfortunatly, the guy on the MG is BEHIND the wall, but still able to fire on troops, without putting himself in harms way. And due to the nature of HMG's, the guy on it just sprays through smoke without a care in the world. Large issue, the building the MG is in has Spawn Protection over half of it, so there's really only one way in to flank it.

They contribute to alot of greif on that map (as the allies), epsecially on the first two cap zones.

Upvote 0
Appartments (Danzig)

Appartments (Danzig)

I agree that it usually boils down to teams, like most maps that people claim aren't balanced. In Ostfront there was water under the bridges so you could only cross and the two bridge points. You gotta fight hard but it's doable. Grain elevator is a pain for Germans too, but so rewarding when you win it.

Upvote 0
RE: capping from behind the wall.

It is perhaps a little boring, and I'd rather the map was designed in such a way that it was unnecessary, like Danzig. But in RO2 it's often very necessary due to strong german defense on the other side of the wall.

The only counter the germans have to the wall-stacking is to stack the other side and to try and short-throw grenades over, at the same time as the allies may be throwing their grenades too. I'd much rather we were fighting IN the capzones, among the cover and smoke. - However, the map is designed in such a way that I suspect the wall capping trick will always be necessary to help the allies, and I don't think that can be changed very easily.

That aside though, I think the map is balanced. It's just another map that requires experience and so appears broken to free-weekenders who don't know the ins-and-outs.

Nope from the basement on the right you can throw nads behind the wall from the stairs coming out of the basement without even showing your head
3 or 4 kills just about ever time lol
If the German team keeps 5 or 6 guys defending the fixed MG even if the Russians cap the 2 bridges you can cut their reinforcements to nothing just defending the Fixed MG
The Germans lose this map mostly from the John Wayen effect .
If the Germans Just Defend the Fixed MG
Russians lose 90% of the time

Upvote 0