• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What really irks you about RO:Ost ?

I Hate

I Hate

I do hate the way the Satchel charge is like a Nuke. I was in tank last night and the guy threw it at me and I reversed and was 15 feet away and still was destroyed.

Getting kicked for arty TKs when you announce to folks where you are calling it in and tell them to check map to avoid it

Arty on tanks does not bother me. I have played both sides. If a tank sets too long, it will be destroyed. If you shoot and move you are better off against both arty and other tanks, and the arty will be called and the mission wasted because you are gone.

Arty does not bother me overall because it was King of Battle and part of warfare. Russian artillery bombardments were even more severe than American preparations and we were known for using firepower. I do hate that there is no RTO that can move with PLT LDR and the ability to call and shift fires based on map and not just binos.

I hate the armored clown cars with folks standing and laying on top of them.

I hate the rilfes for the opposite reason. I cannot hit a damned thing. I go with SMG and try to fight in buildings. But this is not the game but me. Others have no problem killing me with a rifle.

I hate those who feel the team channel is for them to babble on whatever they want, even if it has nothing to do with the game. Or the ones that start to call you all kinds of curse words if you make a mistake that impacts them. I am turning chat off.

Upvote 0
1)Tank crew can teleport out of tank whenever they want. It should take time to get out of a tank.

2)Absurd 2 hitpoints tank system. 2 tank shell penetrations and your tank is exploded.

3)Tanks exloding when they get KO'd. This doesn't always happen.

4)Most players are incompetent tankers. This is especially true in the driver position where many players drive like it's a racing game rather than a tank sim. Cammander/gunners often don't know how to unbutton their hatch so they can better see what's going on. Spaz machine gunners tend to reveal your position.

5)SMG recoil is too high, resulting in them being dice-tossers just like in the mod.

6)PTRD can take out a Panzer 4 (and above?). I don't think so.

7)MG-42 needs to be considerably more powerful.

8) little team play.

That's all for now.

Upvote 0
teammembers who tk...either incidently or not...it pisses me off...learn to throw nades right or dont throq at all...and learn to shoot the guys who look different, shoot at you and/or are running towards you...they are the enemy. they need to die.

Idiots who dont know how to tank get in a tank with me and i then die. If you know what you're doing, fine, hop right in lets take it too them. If you dont? Stay as infantry or go learn to use tanks on practice mode.
-->side note...worst is on Ogledow when im hulldown in a panthre at the middle wall...someone comes from spawn and starts it up and drives away.

People who get the most bs of rifle shots...few soldiers could snap shoot off their left shoulder and kill someone...this isnt paintball

Team members who dont do jack. There are objectives...you need to capture these objectives...is the concept that hard to understand? Dont just sit back with a rifle and hope to kill them all...thats not going to happen...you'll be lucky to get 2 kills...dont be a pansy and just rush in.

Upvote 0
1. Biggest irk is the mg42 not being up to scratch
2. Artillary in some of the maps, yeh like giving huge amounts of it to the defenders of an entrenched positioned while the attackers have none is a good idea.
3. Grenades and satchels not being able to fit through holes they should.
4. The animations of walking characters.
5. The clown cars
6. And everything else thats been said above

Tank system would probably come in number 2 but since thier working on it 'll leave it out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
- the artificial quality of the player models, i.e. expressions like zombies and moving like wooden puppets with arthritis

- trying to pick up a weapon or grenade and going back and forth trying to select the right item. Too sensitive.

- shooting a tank several times without destroying it, only to have it turn and shoot my tank twice and it explodes (even if at full strength)

- not enough small infantry maps

- the "clown cars" flipping over too easily and the tanks getting stuck on stuff that a tank should be able to deal with (it's a TANK!)

BUT I STILL LOVE RO:O AND PIMP IT EVERYWHERE I GO! :D

Upvote 0
Oleg said:
2.) Disappointing quality of the "third party maps" that started appearing here and there. I thought SDK will bring us more good maps to play on, and in fact it brought only some low quality maps, beta maps blah blah, - basically *limiting* the (already small) number of playable servers.

Before SDK I had like 10-15 servers to chose from at all times. After SDK, at least 5-6 servers run some beta maps, or crappy third party maps that I avoid, thus I paradoxically find number of servers being limited by new maps. Hopefully though, it will change, as some new maps promise to be high quality stuff.

I would like some "higher authority" (TW?) to give its approval to really good realistic maps so we can differentiate from "madmans playgrounds" as Makhno said the other day.

Or, you can make your own map. Im sure it will be the highest quality around.

Upvote 0
-LOADING TIMES
-Not having a good enough computer to get all the potential out of the game
-MG needs to be scarier than the SMG
-All the bugs
-Lack of good servers
-Low population of people
-CS:S is, unfortunatly, kicking RO's ass population wise

but the game is still excelent, just needs more support from people and it needs to be polished up

Upvote 0
-LOADING TIMES

I will admit loading times aren't great. With tweaks and the right amount of RAM they shouldn't be an issue.

-Not having a good enough computer to get all the potential out of the game

Guess what? Games are getting more intensive. This requires a better computer. ROOST is better than most of the new games that come out today when it comes to playablity with older machines. Try oblivion on your computer then tell me ROOST doesn't play well.

-MG needs to be scarier than the SMG

Agreed. The MG needs some tweaks, however in the right hands it can be downright hellish as is. Problem is there are few good MGers.

-All the bugs

Meh, compared to BF2 the game is essentially bug-free. Bugs are inherent in any software as complex as a FPS. Other than the armor bug, there are really no show-stoppers.

-Lack of good servers

Well, the only problem I have is getting into the good servers. There aren't alot, but that is the community's fault. You are apart of the community. I place the blame on you.

-Low population of people

Again, nothing we can really do but keep playing. Its a niche game and will not eve be the most popular. Regardless, there is always a server with folks in it, why are you complaining?

-CS:S is, unfortunatly, kicking RO's ass population wise

Oh well, CS:S is infested with motards. I prefer ROOSTs small population vs an influx of tactically brain dead folks that pervade throughout CS.

Anyways, the major think that irks me is the scale of the game. But, I'm sure this will change as the devs add more and more content.

Upvote 0
Oleg said:
2.) Disappointing quality of the "third party maps" that started appearing here and there. I thought SDK will bring us more good maps to play on, and in fact it brought only some low quality maps, beta maps blah blah, - basically *limiting* the (already small) number of playable servers.
Hey, that's unfair. Disappointing quality? The SDK hasn't been out more than a month. Good full-size maps take months upon months to produce. Do you really think that a map can be banged out over a weekend?

What you've seen released so far are mainly "starter" maps that people have created in order to get used to the editing system. Everyone in the community is brand-new to the RO:O method of map production, though those who worked on mod maps are of course at an advantage since it's a similar process.

As far as "betas", that's all part of the mapping process. You release a beta version, you receive feedback, and you implement the feedback. After a few betas and their respective tweaks, the map goes gold.

Be patient. Give it time. And have an open mind.

Upvote 0
what irks me?

- Played one of the tank maps (ruins, farm, open fields, etc) and this guy in a T34 parks on the side of the hill at an angle and proceeds to kill EVERYBODY. Nothing we shot would penetrate him, even side on direct into the tracks. Plus 99% of his kills were 1-shot-kills. :(
- how stupid the Tiger tank is in-game. The Tiger, which had one of the toughest armour, 88mm main gun, etc is killed in 1-2 shots. :mad: fkg useless.

Upvote 0
I hate how you have to reload an AT shell before you can even think about switching to HE.

I hate how flawed the melee combat currently is. With bayonet stabs to the chest apparently not killing, and I hate how melee attacks apparently have a range of about 30cm.

W0rd.

Plus I hate breaking both my legs when I jump out of an overturned clown car.

I've been seeing some sweet custom maps. Hill_88, AmbushOT, Koitos1944, some others on a Japanese server I hit up sometimes in the morning.

Upvote 0