• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 What is your opinion about the new map?

Awesome map, the attention to detail of the environment is amazing and each set of objectives has a completely different feel and style to make sure you adjust your positioning & tactics.

Shame about the tanks.....

There is a bug with the tanks on this map which keeps them in 1st gear only, with this bug most people never get to use them properly as they are too slow to roll into position and displace.

That is what I love about the PZ3/T70 tank gameplay. They dont kill one another. (From the front)
You must really rely on infantry AT to take them out as the map's terrain is so treacherous for tanking. (Buggy, teleporting and get stuck on everything.. no jokes!)
Your job is to simply support infantry and plug holes when spotted or requested.

I will never forget this awesome game of Demeyansk where I was in the Panzer 3, and I had to keep displacing from either flanks wherever the Ruskies were pushing and popping their smokes. If the enemy tank engaged me, I just backed off... waste of shells, time and effort.

Loved it. Great map, needs to be more maps like this! ;) :D :eek:

Upvote 0
Finally got a chance to play it today, really like it, but it could use a few tweaks IMO, I think that if the cap zones capped faster for allies, and maybe another 10-12 min were added to the timer, and a little optimzation tweaks (even with my card i had some lowish perfomance at times.) it would be perfect :)

Upvote 0
The new map is beautiful to look at, not so much to play.

One thing that RO2 didn't need was another hard map to attack where the Allies are attacking. We have enough of them already!

Changes are needed to make it easier to attack such as spawning attackers farther on the flanks. The cap at the bridge is also too small and too easy for defenders to be in.

I also am not a fan of light tanks. The attackers should get T-34s while the defenders get light tanks.

Upvote 0
Does anyone get 60 fps on this map? Even some high end systems seem to struggle with anything over 50, i cant imagine what it is like on an older computer. That animated foliage really takes its toll. I had tested blowing grass and trees on my map and found that it was just too much of a drag on performance.

Upvote 0
Honestly this is one of the worst maps ive ever played, i've never seen allies win it yet, i wonder why it was released when it was so imbalanced. Maybe if you switched the attacking sides it might be a little better. Either way, i think it needs another 5 minutes or so added to the time limit. Allies always end up stalling on C, it eats into all the time available for the rest of the caps. Plus there's some weird bugs with the tanks and squad positions on that map.

Well anyways, that's my opinion.

Upvote 0
When Allies (attacking) would take a tank, their reinforcements would plummet, like 50 or 100 each time. I only saw it a couple of times on campaign servers and allies would run out by the time they were attacking C. Odd.

I haven't seen the map much since then, although I played it a couple of days ago on a campaign server and it was fine.

I never saw it happen on regular TE servers.

Dunno.

Upvote 0
I've played this map a few times, nowhere near enough for a detailed breakdown of the obvious flaws like for the other maps. However, it is clear that either:

1) A, B, and C are too hard to attack on or;
2) The Allies get too little time to attack - they regularly run out of time on about 100 tickets remaining;
3) both.

Therefore, I suggest to slow down the Axis spawn rate and to give the Allies maybe 5 minutes more time to attack.

Upvote 0
I've played this map a few times, nowhere near enough for a detailed breakdown of the obvious flaws like for the other maps. However, it is clear that either:

1) A, B, and C are too hard to attack on or;
2) The Allies get too little time to attack - they regularly run out of time on about 100 tickets remaining;
3) both.

Therefore, I suggest to slow down the Axis spawn rate and to give the Allies maybe 5 minutes more time to attack.
A B and C are easy to attack. F is where it bogs down.

This map could use extra ~5-10 minutes. It's now impossible for attackers to win.

Upvote 0
I won once in overtime. :D

You need communication, the TL to sit on the radios and bring arty ASAP & good SL's getting marks. There's a short turnover on arty with this map. Without arty denying the defenders access to the caps, you can't win.

A bit more time would be helpful.
o_o

I've reached last objective 2 times. Once defending and once attacking.

On the attack I took and held the G practically on my own :cool:. Even had enemies behind my back :D

Upvote 0
i cant imagine what it is like on an older computer.

Crash for want of RAM and 20-40 FPS.

Capture zone is too small.
Not enough time.
Too fast recharge artillery(Players in a small of capture zone constantly dying of artillery).
A large number of objects and tank gets stuck all the time.
Too bright.

Too bad, this is the only map with a T-70.

Upvote 0