• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What is wrong with this game?

Well for me and it's always been an issue in any game not just RO. Ping is everything. If my ping reaches anything over 110 on any server in RO, I might as well not even play because I will NOT be able to hit ANYTHING, when my ping is below 100 I rarely miss and when I do I know it's my fault and not my connection or someone else.

Internet connections are different from place to place and Europe is known to have a great infrastructure. Most of us are on say Comcast and we all know how bad that is. Cable connections being shared and all.

I used to argue the point about HIGH pingers in the Battlefield Series in servers I would frequent all the time and I proved my point and people finally realized I was right. High pingers in servers will bring down those with a good ping as well and I think we are seeing a lot of this currently on some of the TWB servers and I'm not the only one seeing it.

I used to play BFV all the time on the same server and I was unstoppable until 1 high pinger would get in server with a ping over 200, then my game would go to crap and my shots would not hit anything. I know many will argue this and I've done it for years and sorry to say but I've won the battle and proved it on that same server and people finally took notice and started setting their servers up to disconnect anyone over 180 ping and from that point on those servers rocked and the issue was gone for good.

Now with RO it is a bit more forgiving than BFV was when it came to high pingers and ping in general, but for my sake and others I play daily with, will agree with my above statements and what we've been seeing a lot of. I've never been one to cry hack, cheats, etc. and to be honest have NEVER seen ANY in RO and if I had they obviously weren't working to well.

You will see me typing in game bs or BS when I get the first shot off and I know for a fact it was dead on and it misses and then I get killed, because it was no different than the first 30 kill shots in game I may have made.

Just get into say TWB Old Glory with everyone on a reasonable PING and you'll notice how great the gameplay is, soon as a few peeps get up over 150-200 then everyone will notice and it happens all the time, you just have to follow the chat.

I get Steam messages all the time from my friends and those I play with saying "Were you able to hit anything???", "Man I couldn't hit anything" and so on and so on, this is on a nightly basis. BTW: PING is EVERYTHING in ALL GAMES!!! Of course SKILL helps...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree I try and play the TWB I and II servers and my ping is around 150 and my rifle shots aren't great. During the day when everyone get's on those TWB servers with high pings and 50 players things start going wrong at times.
I always play the TWB east coast server at night where my ping is 50-60 and shooting people down is simple.

Upvote 0
I guess I am lucky with the ping thing. Of course, I do know that if my ping is high, I compensate by leading the target more, etc, which means to me that ping is only a very minor incovenience. Doesn't always work, but I think I still do better than average.

I will take a higher ping server running a good but rarely played custom map every time over a lower ping server playing the same old/same old maps. Every time.

Upvote 0
Yes I'am playing nearly everytime on the Wild Bunch servers, good ping and everytime some players, sometimes there are to many, than i have to search for other good server, and that's than a problem, sometimes.

RO is the best game of this genre, but there anren't enough players.
I can see often the same player playing.

I think RO need more marketing, i have asked a lot of people and the most of them (all are PC-Gamer) haven't heard about RO.
And when i am show them some videos on youtube the saying that the graphic is to old for a game today :(

I hope there will be a new RO, with better graphic, new heavy sounds and more realism :D
But before it isn't released RO:Ost will be the baste game ever (for me)
I don't like games make for little boys like CoD or DoD, or CS :D
Tripwire, go on, and create a new game with the tough of RO:Ost

Upvote 0