• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What happened to the old "new" pickup system?

SnowyOak

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 17, 2011
Chicago, USA
I know we're out of beta, technically, but I was playing today when I came across a few weapons on the ground. Trying to pick up a grenade, I first picked up a pistol followed by a rifle and Finally the grenade I was wanting. The rifle and pistol added a ton of weight and left me moving sluggish only to promptly die ~10 seconds later when out of stamina.

This prompted my memory to a video of the beta, where a new pickup system was toted as a special feature of ro2, but is now inexplicably missing. I thought it was a good idea, so I'm just curious where it might have gone and if/when we may see it implemented? Is it faster to simply pickup whatever is in front of you an struggle through 1 or 2 things before getting what you wanted?

Red Orchestra 2 : Heroes of Stalingrad GDC '11 HD (Part 2) - YouTube Skip to 1:57 to see what I mean.

Reactions: Zrix
The whole user - interface had such a greater charm than the interface we have now :(.

tumblr_kw5dwq8ABZ1qzcjydo1_500.png

HULK SAD!

Upvote 0