• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Question] Weapon Progression: Grade of weapon.

Dokb

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
I am level 50 on my Kar98k and about 1k exp off Hero rank.

When I look under weapon progression everything is well and good except the weapon condition. My kar98 has said for ages that its weapon condition is "Select Grade" and there is no option to do so either.

This also has happened on my other weapons. My level 37 or so MP40 is "Standard Issue" which can't be right... These guns which I've used forever look brand new as well and I have not once seen anything better than "well used" weapons which is my nagant 6 shooter which I haven't even gotten past level 1.

I'm currently at work so I will post some screen-shots when I get back.

Is this a known problem and is this fixable?

''Select Grade'' is not an option for you to select anything, it is the last grade of cleaningless

Well Used is very dirty, Standard Issue is slightly dirty, Select Grade is very clean.

All weapons LVL 0 to 25 will be Well Used
All weapons LVL 25 to 49 will be Standard Issue
All weapons LVL 50 will be Select Grade

I don't think you have a problem in your game.

Upvote 0
I am level 50 on my Kar98k and about 1k exp off Hero rank.

When I look under weapon progression everything is well and good except the weapon condition. My kar98 has said for ages that its weapon condition is "Select Grade" and there is no option to do so either.

This also has happened on my other weapons. My level 37 or so MP40 is "Standard Issue" which can't be right... These guns which I've used forever look brand new as well and I have not once seen anything better than "well used" weapons which is my nagant 6 shooter which I haven't even gotten past level 1.

I'm currently at work so I will post some screen-shots when I get back.

Is this a known problem and is this fixable?

No sure what you're asking, but as your weapons level up, their condition and quality improves.

In other words, starting off with no experience with a weapon will give you the "Well Used" quality, where the weapons look worn out and aged.

As they progress, you receive better quality weapons... eventually getting the best quality, shiny looking guns to play with.

Seems like it should be the other way around where your weapon looks like it's been through some battles, but meh.

The reason why your K98 has been the best quality for as long as you can remember might be because you purchased the DDE edition of RO2 (or is it because you own RO1?) which unlocks the level 50 bolt rifles w. Bayonets..... (Assault weapons and scoped semis are level zero though)

Basically Level 0 - 24 is the well used
Level 25 - 49 is standard issue
Level 50 is select grade / high quality

If I remember correctly, at the class/weapon selection screen you can choose which grade weapon you wish to use by selecting the weapon you want and clicking on the rank bars found at the bottom left of the weapon. By default, you select the highest grade available to you.

An example:

You have a level 50 K98... by default you have the three bar ranked weapon selected which is the best looking condition with bayonet and no sight hood.

If you click the 2 bar rank, you get the standard grade K98 with bayonet and sight hood.

If you click the 1 bar rank, you get the well used k98 with no bayonet and sight hood.

If you have a level 50 PPSH, by default you have the three bar ranked weapon selected which is the best looking condition with drum magazine and select fire capability

If you click the 2 bar rank, you get the standard grade PPSH with drum mag. Don't know if select fire is still available though.

If you click the 1 bar rank, you get the well used PPSH with stick magazine, no drum.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh... I was under the impression that it was the other way round. Like, as a recruit you start with a new weapon, but as you level up, the condition of your weapon becomes more degraded (only visually). I guess I can see sense that a veteran fighter in Stalingrad would have a well kept weapon.

Still... the weapon looks so new and unused...

Upvote 0