• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapon layout in 50 player server

sander

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 24, 2006
The Netherlands
While playing on the new 50 player server I had a great time (with the map Danzig, I was surprised that it worked with 50 players!). Though one thing bothered me. The weapon layout hasn't changed! The weapon layout is now something like this:

Commander: 1
MG: 1
Riflemen: 18
Semi auto gun: 2
SMG: 3

A bit weird isn't it. With the <32 to the 50 player setup the teams have changed from 1 squad to 2 squads per team. So for the Germans the layout has to be something more like this:

Gruppenfuhrer: 2
MG: 2 (or 4 for a Panzergrenadier division!)
Schutze: 10+
MK: 2
Stosstruppen: 4

I hope that things will be changed soon. Maybe a mutator that makes all classes x2?

Last edited:
I don't see the weapon layout to be a problem with 64 players. As it is now, the density of automatic and semi-automatic weapons is much higher than it was IRL, at least in most cases.
The only problem I see with 64 player servers is that none of the maps are layed out to be played with that huge amount of players. Even though you mentioned Danzig, I find it almost unplayable with anything above 16 players, let alone more than 32. Now imagine having twice the number of hip spraying circle strafers on that map... it's bad enough with that many people if they use rifles only.

So, I hope that at least some of the Map contest maps are changed in a way to allow good 64 player matches. Because right now, only Barashka is big enough to be enjoyable with that amount of people, and perhaps Rakowice after the first objective is taken (which will be a PITA with 64 people)

Upvote 0
Yeah... I don't know if adding more auto's would be a great idea for confined maps. I played Basovka the other day with the full 50... and it was almost impossible to move with the amount of grenades and bullets flying. Thinking how it would be on Danzig, it would probably be worse... I almost like the idea of people having to use things like Bayonets, and accuracy of the rifle. I get a little tired of the old spray and pray tactics in playing and would imagine it would get way worse if the mutators were changed. Just my opinion though.

Upvote 0
Lyes is the only one that particularly frustrates me with 50 players, especially playing as german, it's almost impossible to win when the russians have like 20 ppsh's and you have a rifle :eek::D

I think 50 player servers have a great opportunity to limit people to one grenade, with 50 players there's still the same amount of nade's but individual players can't throw torrents of death.

Upvote 0
Conscripts were arranged in a 7 man squad (For the germans, i believe) They had:

1 Team Leader (SMG, AR, or Rifle)
2 rifleman (Bolt or Semi-auto)
1 MG (34 or 42)
2 MG support (SMG, AR, Rifle [Bolt or semi-auto])
1 SMG (Duh! SMG)

Rifleman were somewhat like modern grenadiers (We don't get rifle grenades though, i wish)
Whenever the guys could, they would have panzerfaust with them. This makes me want to see a FSW type game lol.

Upvote 0