• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

We Need More Players

drude, i find it to be a problem.
no offence to any americans hear, but alot of the time im force to play on american servers to get a game and they are A. laggy for me (im an aussy) and B. i find there is MUCH more deleberate tking and asshatting ect.

i think after the box release worldwide and the patch things should pick up.
i hope to anyway...

Upvote 0
No, I hate when I have to download the full game, to only get some time to play it. I dont want to wait so many hours to get the game. Then I would rather get a game that is not so big that can be downloaded without too long time.

Make a real demo with Konigsplatz and Arad. Then make it impossible to get custom maps.

If I have to download 2 GB only to get a demo that can be played 1 weekend, then I dont want to download it.
Make it comfortable for those who want to try it out. Make it easy for them.

I dont think anybody want to download 2 GB and then only have few hours to play.

Upvote 0
I don't know how they are going to integrate a demo into the full release after the fact. Usually demo's come out prior to release.

Releasing a demo now is kinda like flogging a dead horse since the demo won't (or at least shouldn't) be compatible with the retail game so they won't be able to play on any existing severs.

I would think that a free week end is probably the easiest way to go but , is a week end long enough to learn to appreciate the game?

DoD:S did a week end and I tried it but I had played DoD 1.3 long enough to notice the many changes in DoD:S that I didn't like.

Possibly a free week. What have they got to lose?

Players DL the game and play for a week. After trying the game they either fall in love with it and buy it or don't , but at least they are given the opportunity to learn it.

Anyone DL'ng it for the free week obviously doesn't have it so any addition sales generated are simply a feather in the cap.

Upvote 0
kempe said:
drude, i find it to be a problem.
no offence to any americans hear, but alot of the time im force to play on american servers to get a game and they are A. laggy for me (im an aussy) and B. i find there is MUCH more deleberate tking and asshatting ect.

i think after the box release worldwide and the patch things should pick up.
i hope to anyway...

I had to play on eurpeans servers before. About the tking well sometimes i get angry. Just dont take pub play seriously. Well. yeah. It sucks. Im surprised that you say this because this games seems to have MANY euros here (on offence).

Upvote 0