• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Wave Doesn't Start?

Are you loading it from the game or playing it from the editor?

Check your World Properties -> Game Type -> Default Game Type
should be KFGameInfo_Survival
Only from editor. Still havent figured out how to get it in the game. Yes I did check that, its set for the survival, even in the PIE field. What else could it be?

Upvote 0
yeah i ask the forum the same question like 2-3 weeks ago, im pretty sure your PC can handle this but save your work in the published folder and work from there that's what i do until they fix this issue

When ever you want to test your map real quick just open the game while the editor is still open in the background... just a pain to close the editor and move files around... easiest way so far

Upvote 0
Copy the map to your maps folder. Make sure its file name is prefixed with "KF-"

Assuming you are not saving your map somewhere else, I think it'll be located in: Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Unpublished\BrewedPC

Not entirely sure since I save my files elsewhere.

Upvote 0
Copy the map to your maps folder. Make sure its file name is prefixed with "KF-"

Assuming you are not saving your map somewhere else, I think it'll be located in: Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Unpublished\BrewedPC

Not entirely sure since I save my files elsewhere.
Thats where I've been saving my maps actually. Still isn't showing up in-game. UE3 is so damn confusing.

Upvote 0
do what i'm telling you to do...

This is the correct location to make your map playable in game,
-Documents\ MyGames\ KillingFloor2\ KFGame\ Published\ BrewedPC\ Maps

-create a folder "Maps" in BrewedPC

Save/Build your work from there
the editor is kinda broken it doesn't let us test the gametype via the editor,
work on your map save/build then open the client KillingFloor2 to test your map with a working gametype and keep your editor open if you wish in the background that's what i do saves time.

But make sure in the worldproperties/worldinfo you have the gametype enabled.

NOTE: when ever they fix this issue, move your files back to the unpublished folder... because when ever your done and ready to share your map you're suppose to cook/bake your make > this will move the final map saves automatically in the published folder

Last edited:
Upvote 0
do what i'm telling you to do...

This is the correct location to make your map playable in game,
-Documents\ MyGames\ KillingFloor2\ KFGame\ Published\ BrewedPC\ Maps

-create a folder "Maps" in BrewedPC

Save/Build your work from there
the editor is kinda broken it doesn't let us test the gametype via the editor,
work on your map save/build then open the client KillingFloor2 to test your map with a working gametype and keep your editor open if you wish in the background that's what i do saves time.

But make sure in the worldproperties/worldinfo you have the gametype enabled.
Alright thanks. Will give this a try when I get home and report back if I still have problems.

Upvote 0
The editor will save your maps into 'C:\Users|YourName\Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Unpublished\BrewedPC\Maps' regardless of what folder you specify.

You must go to this location and copy your map over 'D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\killingfloor2\KFGame\BrewedPC\Maps' (D is the drive I have KF2 installed on, may vary for you.)

I created a custom folder in the maps folder for my custom work to separate from official work.

Then you run Killing Floor and your map should be in the list of options for solo mode.

Upvote 0
Moving the map should not be the practice, maps your working on should be in the folder unpublished and cooked maps in published. Each time you cook/publish it overwrites the current one so you always play the revised edition.

Easiest way is to just cook the map (takes no time my London map is 290mb and takes about 15seconds to publish) then open kf2 and you will see your map in the map selection. That way you do not have to move files etc..

Although all ways suggested will work I just find this easier IMO

Also IF you use any custom packages at any point it will get confusing moving all the folders.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Moving the map should not be the practice, maps your working on should be in the folder unpublished and cooked maps in published. Each time you cook/publish it overwrites the current one so you always play the revised edition.

Easiest way is to just cook the map (takes no time my London map is 290mb and takes about 15seconds to publish) then open kf2 and play it will put in the published folder auto when cooking.

Also IF you use any custom packages at any point it will get confusing moving all the folders.

simpler :)

Upvote 0