• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Warning protected area

On Fallen Fighters tanks have two tactically sound alternatives: stay back or attack. Depending on (always changing and never clear) artifically set protected areas sound tactical decision may kill you. Even better on a tank traveling at best possible speed it is an insta-kill without warning.

Not good. Idea is very good, yes. Application of the idea is not good. Players should at least be told where one can go and where not.

Upvote 0
the thing is that the unprotected areas sometimes don't allow a player to play the game the way they want to. It would help with base-raping and so forth, but there have been a couple of times I wanted to veer around the objective to choke enemy reinforcements. Yet I simply couldn't because of a protected area.

Upvote 0
What are you people doing to get into these places so often?

Only time I EVER found myself in a protected area was when I was screwing around on Barracks trying to find a really cheesy spot to shoot people as they were running to objectives.

If you ask me the system is doing its job.

Why? Because I'm doing my job! I have died multiple times from moving into a cap area, being ready to take out the enemy in it, only to have them capture a previous cap point and I don't have time to get out before dying. All they have to do is disarm you until you are out and it isn't such a huge problem anymore.

Upvote 0
Grainelevator:

Defending the concrete building once the first objective has fallen to the Axis, basically you're defending the left flank, and covering the long open area the Axis have to advance through.

2nd objective falls, suddenly you're stuck in a protected area, can't escape fast enough before exploding.

Spartanovka:

Axis push forward, and you try to take back a previous objective, you managed to begin taking it but the axis have managed to slip by on the opposite flank.

Just as you're about to retake the objective with your friends, the next objective falls and you're left in a protected area. It's SOMETIMES possible to retreat in a panic, as long as you just sprint and don't bother with cover. If you're lucky you'll have made it out without having been shot by the axis.

This happens quite often, and it's just as frustrating as any other bug or broken game feature.

Upvote 0
Grainelevator:

Defending the concrete building once the first objective has fallen to the Axis, basically you're defending the left flank, and covering the long open area the Axis have to advance through.

2nd objective falls, suddenly you're stuck in a protected area, can't escape fast enough before exploding.

Spartanovka:

Axis push forward, and you try to take back a previous objective, you managed to begin taking it but the axis have managed to slip by on the opposite flank.

Just as you're about to retake the objective with your friends, the next objective falls and you're left in a protected area. It's SOMETIMES possible to retreat in a panic, as long as you just sprint and don't bother with cover. If you're lucky you'll have made it out without having been shot by the axis.

This happens quite often, and it's just as frustrating as any other bug or broken game feature.

The reason is when that next objective is taken, you are well behind the enemy team's forward spawn.

In Grain Elevator for example, when the 2nd objective is taken, the Axis can spawn in that first gatehouse objective, or in the concrete construction building farther north.

Upvote 0
The reason is when that next objective is taken, you are well behind the enemy team's forward spawn.

In Grain Elevator for example, when the 2nd objective is taken, the Axis can spawn in that first gatehouse objective, or in the concrete construction building farther north.
Like I've said, make me unable to fire or melee until I move out. Problem solved, and no penalty for actually moving into cap zones.

Upvote 0
Like I've said, make me unable to fire or melee until I move out. Problem solved, and no penalty for actually moving into cap zones.

I think a better fix would be to just pay attention to those big messages on your screen that say TEAM X IS TAKING OBJECTIVE Y.

Any time that happens it means progress is being made on capping the next objective, which you should be defending.

9 times out of 10 you won't cap faster alone in the previous objective than a team of enemies sitting in the next. Your team needs to secure the previous objective first before worrying about capping back.

The consequences? Well blowing up in a protected area seems to be one of them. Losing ground (and possibly the match) is another.

Upvote 0

How about the fact that you'll be surrounded by the whole enemy team in the matter of seconds? No need for an unrealistic no fire penalty, you'll be piled if you don't run your *** out of there in less than 20 seconds.

Upvote 0
There are definitely some areas or situations where this feature bugs out completely. Getting gibbed and then having a protected area message thrown up on screen after the fact cant be working as intended. It's also really difficult to report because you don't actually know you're in a spawn until you die, so God only knows what point the timer was triggered or why.

it is pretty lame that on commissars house you can get protected area warnings while being inside a cap box square

I've had that happen on F a handful of times. Active cap zone near the brick wall trying to take the point back - *SPLAT*. I'll have to make a note on the balance of power the next time it happens; maybe Allies capped some of the points in the main building and that is causing one of their spawns to overlap part of the point early.

Upvote 0
We need a better Spawn protection

- No Spawn Arty
- When you kill an enemy in the spawn area you will be auto killed (without lost of points, only killed)

Warning Spawn Area would be fixed by the second point, too.
So you could stay into a new spawn area after the enemy capture another point. And you have enough time to leave this area, because you will be only killed if you kill a enemy.

Upvote 0
I think a better fix would be to just pay attention to those big messages on your screen that say TEAM X IS TAKING OBJECTIVE Y.

Any time that happens it means progress is being made on capping the next objective, which you should be defending.

9 times out of 10 you won't cap faster alone in the previous objective than a team of enemies sitting in the next. Your team needs to secure the previous objective first before worrying about capping back.

The consequences? Well blowing up in a protected area seems to be one of them. Losing ground (and possibly the match) is another.

You are obviously one of the campers hanging back if this isn't happening to you. I am aggressive about pursuing goals and I get penalized for it. Running in is one thing, having it appear after you are well inside is another. Just take away the fire, melee option and the problem is solved.

Upvote 0