• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Volley Sights

Ahh... ok, sorry, my mistake. I just presumed most rifles had them for the longer range shots, I haven't looked at a K98, or a MN since July. I just thought they had them... :p Sorry

[EDIT] What is this then?
mosin91-30a.jpg

The flip up sight thing.
Also, the K98k had what looks to be a 'volley sight' type thing half way down the length of the gun.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Using a volleysight - like the one on the S.M.L.E No1 MkIII Rifle the British Expeditionary Force used in order to engage the enemy on long range (2000-3900 yards), in lieu of machineguns which the British did not posses in great numbers at the time, while fighting in Beligium and France during the few first months of the Great War was only marginable effective - and then only feasible when used by platoon or above number of troops.
So in short to answer the original question: Using the volleysight would not be feasible in this game at all...
Could be fun in a World War One mmofps with hundreds of players though:)

Upvote 0
au contrair, i would really appreciate seeing a way to adjust the sights on scoped weapons as well as machineguns as well as rifles. it gives them that much more of an edge over pesky smgs with fixed sights, and on maps like berenzinia, its almost a necessity with combat up to the range of 100 - 300 m.

At the ranges we use in game, and the average length of a "life", the adjustable rear sights would just be a distraction and waste of time. Most of the time we are shooting well inside of 100 metres. On those long range shots there often isn't a lot of time actually seeing the enemy to stop, adjust, aim then shoot...it's easier to just shoot.
And the goal of this game is to be inside capzones as defenders or offense...We don't need anything else to encourage guys to sit 100 metres outside of a capzone thinking they are helping by taking potshots at distant pixels. There is already too much of that.

Upvote 0
At the ranges we use in game, and the average length of a "life", the adjustable rear sights would just be a distraction and waste of time. Most of the time we are shooting well inside of 100 metres. On those long range shots there often isn't a lot of time actually seeing the enemy to stop, adjust, aim then shoot...it's easier to just shoot.
And the goal of this game is to be inside capzones as defenders or offense...We don't need anything else to encourage guys to sit 100 metres outside of a capzone thinking they are helping by taking potshots at distant pixels. There is already too much of that.

depends what maps you play on, you can get 100M + shots on bondarevo, berenzinia, and smolensk stalemate. (to name a few, pretty much all CA maps)
just because you dont play bigger infy maps , dosent mean you can speak for those who DO!

Upvote 0